IGNORED

Any Catweasel MK4 owners?

telengard

I have a Catweasel MK4, but I can't seem to get it to work in my PC. It works just fine in my wife's old P4 Dell, but my 975X motherboard doesn't see it. Any ideas anyone?

One thing that I've noticed about the MK4 is that is a very neat, and often very maddening device to get working properly. Case in point - I have mine setup in an old P3/866 with ijors custom CW drivers to read ST disks and it works fine, so I know the hardware is OK. Then I tried to use JS's drivers and software and it just refuses to work properly.

Does it not see the MKIV at all in device manager? If so, you may never be able to get it to work at all in that computer.

but to find a way to read Amiga disks onto my PC either with the Catweasel or through some kind of other interface allowing an Amiga disk drive to connect to a PC or the like.

I know the MKIV can read/write Amiga floppies. If you can get it to work of course. :) It's not quite clear but the wording on JS's site seems to indicate that the same driver set can be used for the ISA/MK3/MK4 so maybe imagetool can do it as well on the ISA version?

There is also the fdrawcmd/adfread combo for using stock PC hardware as well, but I've personally never tried it.

No, it doesn't see it at all. I thought I saw a hit on google with someone using one in an MSI 975X board... it must just not like the ASUS version.

• 3 months later...
I can now read and write both Amiga and C64 disks

Lucky b#$tard! ;-) I bought a second-hand Catweasel Mk IV last fall, and so far I have barely been able to read Amiga floppies, which is fine but not my main goal. The card is installed in a Penitum 3 running Windows XP SP2 with the latest CW drivers as found in the News section. My 5.25" drive is a true 360K which works fine in DOS, but does absolutely nothing but sputter errors in XP. Part of the problem could be that Windows 2000/XP no longer natively supports 360K drives. I've also tried OmniFlop, which works just as poorly. I know 5.25" drive support is very picky, so perhaps I have the wrong kind of drive? After a long time of frustration, I tried to downgrade to Win 98SE and run other type of drivers, so far with little support.

Since the demand for these Catweasel cards is quite high, it looks like I'll put this one for sale quite soon, in particular as it is equipped with dual SIDs (which I also didn't find any support software for, but I didn't get the card to play music or use joystick ports anyhow).

Since the demand for these Catweasel cards is quite high, it looks like I'll put this one for sale quite soon, in particular as it is equipped with dual SIDs (which I also didn't find any support software for, but I didn't get the card to play music or use joystick ports anyhow).

What do you think a Catweasel MkIV is worth these days?