IGNORED

FS: Home Grown Atari 5200 MasterPlay Clone ** SOLD **

Prodos8

8/5/11

** ALL SOLD! THANKS! **

I've more of these for sale. These function just like a masterplay, letting you use atari digital joysticks or sega d-pads, but will also support two button functionality when using sega genesis/sms d-pads. The only downside is you must use it in conjuction with a wico-y cable or wico keypad (with a 9-pin controller extension cable) and use a standard 5200 controller for keypad functions -- or the wico keypad.

Here's a pic:

post-7533-0-49488700-1312601907_thumb.jpeg

The box measures 3x2x1 inch.

Asking $25 -- Paypal preferred and I will cover the shipping within the USA.

PM me if you're interested or have any questions about it.

Thanks.

post-7533-1185675776_thumb.jpg

post-7533-1186869805_thumb.jpg

post-7533-1222447183_thumb.jpg

post-7533-126249508071_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
See 1st post - added another one of these!

*bump*

you gonna make more. I can't afford one this payday but I could next payday if you will have some.

Yeah I could. I'm thinking about making them with 15-pin connectors so you can use a pc joystick/game port extension cable instead of the wico y-jack. But, I've got a bunch of m/f de-9's laying around that I'm trying to use up.

btw: deal pending on this one.

See 1st post - added another one of these!

*bump*

you gonna make more. I can't afford one this payday but I could next payday if you will have some.

Yeah I could. I'm thinking about making them with 15-pin connectors so you can use a pc joystick/game port extension cable instead of the wico y-jack. But, I've got a bunch of m/f de-9's laying around that I'm trying to use up.

btw: deal pending on this one.

cool pc connectors would be beer for me acually. I have like 50 of those connecors laying around

• 4 weeks later...
Any guess on how hard it would be to add on a set of start-pause-reset buttons onto something like this?
It would be really easy but I'd have to use a 15-pin connector instead of a 9-pin. In fact putting an entire keypad in isn't really that difficult, but would require the 15-pin connector.
probably extra 10 minutes and 3 momentary switches I believe
Yep, but I'd want green, yellow and red switches. ;)

Any guess on how hard it would be to add on a set of start-pause-reset buttons onto something like this?
It would be really easy but I'd have to use a 15-pin connector instead of a 9-pin. In fact putting an entire keypad in isn't really that difficult, but would require the 15-pin connector.

Yeah, that makes sense because the Wico used the 9-pin connector. I just hate using the OEM stick just for the 3 buttons!

Would this work with the Trakball controller? For some reason, I've never been able to use the Trakball with my CompPro joysticks, and they have a built in Y-cable.

Edited by SRGilbert

Yeah, that makes sense because the Wico used the 9-pin connector. I just hate using the OEM stick just for the 3 buttons!

Would this work with the Trakball controller? For some reason, I've never been able to use the Trakball with my CompPro joysticks, and they have a built in Y-cable.

It will work with the trak-ball's keypad but the ball control won't work. The wico-y cable is only wired for keypad on the 15-pin connector the stick functions are wired to the 9-pin connector.

It will work with the trak-ball's keypad but the ball control won't work. The wico-y cable is only wired for keypad on the 15-pin connector the stick functions are wired to the 9-pin connector.

I would guess it shouldn't be to hard to build in the keypad to the unit and have plugs for both digital stick and pc stick for the analog games

Edited by midnight8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...