IGNORED

vectrex multicarts

tobias_project

hi hi

other than ebay, is there anywhere to purchase the version 2 sean kelly multicarts for vectrex? i noticed sean kelly's website went down. i saw there was a usb flashable vectrex cart, but i'm looking for the preloaded suckers.

The Sean Kelley multicarts come up from time to time on eBay, usually from Sean himself when he needs to make a bail of cash in a hurry by selling 20 at a time. Some folks buy multiples from him at that time and try to resell them at outrageous prices for profit. His multicarts were pretty nice back in the day, but with the newer homebrews available, buying a preloaded multicart is like buying stale bread at the market. The USB flash cart available from Richard H here or on his site at Vectrex.Biz is clearly the better option. If loading the cart is a problem for you, I know there are people who would do it for you, if that is what was needed. You really cannot go wrong with that USB flash cart. As a matter of fact, all the multicarts I own are all flash programmable in one way or another (Vectrex, Colecovision, Atari 5200 and the Cuttle Cart for the 7800).

good to know they are decent. i stumbled across the same site.

as for the other systems you mentioned, i have them all in my collection and might be looking for those carts then. any good links?

Atari 5200 and CV are from AtariMax, the guy is on the forums here as classics. The Cuttle Cart 2 is out of production but occasionally turns up in the market place forum or on eBay. You can read about it here or search the 7800 forum for lots of posts about it.

Why do you want a preloded cart? The flash cart is better since you can put new stuff on it when games and demos come out. With the preloaded cart, you are stuck with the same games.

i like to keep my console systems far away from my computer, if i have to put stuff on a cart off the computer im more likely to never do it, but if i have one already to just pop in with alot of games on it, i will play

i still havent taken my CC2 out of the box it came in, just because i know now i will never get a card to load the games onto off the computer, now i would buy a card off someone with everything ever made loaded on it already :)

i have one of Mr. Kellys multicarts and its great if you dont care about new homebrews, i actually bought the multicart a year before i bought my first vectrex ;)

Honestly, both is the way to go. If you can find a Sean Kelly 2.0 cart on ebay when he sells them and get a vecflash, you are basically getting the vecflash for free considering how much the Sean Kelly carts go for from other sellers. One cart contains all the production games and most homebrews. You have the vecflash for the few games that came out after the sean kelly cart, plus you can develop games for it. If the vecflash could hold every game and more, it would be the definitive vectrex cart. If I had to choose between one of them, I honestly don't know which I'd choose...Sean Kelly's is easy, vecflash is flexible.

I had the Sean Kelly Vectrex multicart and the thing that sucked about it was having to sit through that annoying song/title screen everytime I wanted to get back to the game menu. Also, having to scroll through that long list of crap demos, crappy unfinished protos and homebrews and games I didn't like to get to the one I wanted to play. Most of those demos and protos you'll look at once just to see what it is and never want to look at it again. I'd rather have the choice to create a cart with just my favs on it instead of one cluttered full of everything ever made. That title screen/song is way more annoying than the CV 13 sec wait screen.

Why do you want a preloded cart? The flash cart is better since you can put new stuff on it when games and demos come out. With the preloaded cart, you are stuck with the same games.

i like to keep my console systems far away from my computer, if i have to put stuff on a cart off the computer im more likely to never do it, but if i have one already to just pop in with alot of games on it, i will play

i still havent taken my CC2 out of the box it came in, just because i know now i will never get a card to load the games onto off the computer, now i would buy a card off someone with everything ever made loaded on it already :)

i have one of Mr. Kellys multicarts and its great if you dont care about new homebrews, i actually bought the multicart a year before i bought my first vectrex ;)

Well, if you ever think of selling the CC2, I'd love to talk!

• 5 months later...
Could you give more information to someone who's no longer a Digital Press member?

Well it ain't mine so I don't know all the particulars, but according to the thread some guy claims to have one he's looking to sell. He's asking people to PM him with offers if they're interested.