IGNORED

WANTED: Channel F, Nordmende, Luxor, ITT, Saba, GAMES

FND

If you have any of these items and would like

to sell or trade please LMK and I am sure we can work something out.

I Have included a Price list I am willing to pay but also have many extra US Fairchild games Loose and complete to Trade

WANT LIST UPDATED TODAY 10-08-10

================================================

SABA

Released as Videoplay By SABA in Germany

ITEMS NEEDED / WANTED

Boxes only, needed. But will be interested in complete

#17, 19

Offering

=================

10.00 each for complete

5.00 each for loose carts

2.00 each for loose Boxes

2.00 each for loose Manuals

NORDMENDE

Released as Teleplay By NORDMENDE in Germany

ITEMS NEEDED / WANTED

Game Carts, Boxes & Instruction Manuals NEEDED for the following game numbers

#5, 7, 13

Instructions needed

#6, 11

Boxes needed

#6, 11

Offering

=================

20.00 each for complete

10.00 each for loose carts

5.00 each for loose Boxes

5.00 each for loose Manuals

LUXOR

Released as Video Entertainment System By LUXOR in Sweden

ITEMS NEEDED / WANTED

#6, 7, 17, 21,

The following two do not seem to have been released but just in case 19, 20

Instructions needed

Boxes needed

Offering

=================

20.00 each for complete

10.00 each for loose carts

ITT

Released as Telematch Processor By ITT in Germany

ITEMS NEEDED / WANTED

#2, 4, 5, 10,

The following VideoCarts may have not been released but just in case

#12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Offering

=================

25.00 each for complete

15.00 each for loose carts

Barco Challenger

ITEMS NEEDED / WANTED

Wanted any game Carts, Boxes or Instructions that use the name Barco

Dumont Videoplay

ITEMS NEEDED / WANTED

Wanted any game Carts, Boxes or Instructions that use the name Dumont

PAPER WORK

ITEMS NEEDED / WANTED

Any Brouchers, Letters, Pamphlets, paperwork or items not pictured on my web site

link here

http://www.fndcollectables.com/CHANNEL_F_I...s___offers.html

Edited by FND

I have some of these, I DO have a few Luxor ones, complete.

Let me get back to you on which ones I've got.

I'd sure like to "add up" to one of those hard to get ones. Is the Checkers cart with the colored or white box?

e5frog

Edited by e5frog

OK, here's what I've got to offer (I'm assuming you only want one of each item):

SABA: Instructions 9, 14 and 20

Luxor: Complete: 1, 3, 9 Box+cart: 4, 11 Loose Cart: 2, 13 and 14

ITT: Loose Cart: 7

If you want them all it adds up to a value of $141 according to your pricelist.

I'm interested in getting one of those hard to find items you mention above.

Edited by e5frog

OK, here's what I've got to offer (I'm assuming you only want one of each item):

Deal I need them . I can buy them for the 141 or we can work out a trade I'll PM you

Deal I need them . I can buy them for the 141 or we can work out a trade I'll PM you

Cash is OK, but I'd rather make a trade as you have some of those rare ones I don't.

BTW - you should add the "Barco Challenger" as well, they seemed to use the same cart labels as original Fairchild, but made their own instruction booklets. There is also a relabeled Fairchild V.E.S. called "Dumont" but I don't know of any instructions or cart label variations there...

Edited by e5frog

BTW - you should add the "Barco Challenger" as well, they seemed to use the same cart labels as original Fairchild, but made their own instruction booklets. There is also a relabeled Fairchild V.E.S. called "Dumont" but I don't know of any instructions or cart label variations there...

Thats right I forgot about the "Barco Challenger" I Remember seeing a instruction manual and the game system but never

saw any carts. Interesting I did not know they used the same labels as the Fairchild carts. When you say the Original

Fairchild labels do you mean the picture labels only ? any idea how many games they released in there library ?

I have seen the "Dumont" system also but again I have not seen any carts, boxes or instructions with the name yet. But

I think I will add them to my want list Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW I sent you a PM with links to some scans ;)

FND

Oh... and the Ingelen Telematch (released before ITT bought Ingelen), there is also Emerson:

post-10242-1187117955_thumb.jpg

post-10242-1187117977.jpg

post-10242-1187118068.jpg

There we also have the alternative multi language instruction booklet from SABA.

Luxor also have variations on the booklets, Swedish, multi lingual and a blue/white version in German only.

Luxor also relabeled a few SABA carts, just small white labels in the corner of box and label - and an instruction sheet.

But I'm guessing you're satisfied with a complete cart collection? ;-)

Luxor has two version cart-labels as well, just an extra black label with white text on the lower part of the original Farichild labels and their own blue/white version.

I don't know much about Barco, Dumont and Emerson, I have basically only seen pictures of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320087391262

Looks like it says Emerson Videoplay System.

Edited by e5frog

Here's the inside of a Democart 2:

democart_2_front.jpgdemocart_2_end.jpg

Channel_F_Democart_2_inside_01.jpgChannel_F_Democart_2_inside_02.jpg

It has a 8316A "2kB General Purpose Mask Programmable ROM"

IS THIS A RE-PROGRAMMABLE CARTRIDGE!? Or was it only one-time-programmable (OTP)?

There's at least 2 of these!!

This one was bought from Umeå i Northern Sweden in 2005 for only $40 - postage included to Germany...

Edited by e5frog

Below is my list I had compiled for the different systems.

Looks like I missed the Emerson somehow (I have seen the box with the Emerson name)

Do you know what country it was released in ?

Also looks like I have the Ingelen as being released in Austria, Can't remember where I found that info,

does this sound correct?

Video Entertainment System, TV-Datorspel (LUXOR) - Sweden

Telematch Processor (INGELEN) - Austria

Telematch Processor (ITT) - Germany

Teleplay (NORDMENDE) - Germany

Videoplay (SABA) - Germany

Videoplay (EMERSON) - Italy

Channel F (DUMONT) - Italy

Grandstand (ADMAN) - UK

Challenger (BARCO) - Belgium

Thanks for the info on the Instruction,box & cart variations (I am a Variation Nut).

I would be also interested in getting them as well but at the moment I need just about

everything.

Since there are two Demo2's known I have not given up hope that another one will eventually

be found and become available, I do expect it will be rather expensive though.

Edited by FND

The Emerson Machine was sold from Italy, so we can assume it was sold there somtime, the other stuff looks good.

Jepp, but someone could also be sitting on a batch oh those programmamble carts and making them into something fake-offical which we so happily drewl over and pay shit loads of money for! I bet some old geezer sits at home with a whole box he has stolen from the company when he worked there and portions them out very slow for most cash and least risk of discovery!

Here I am building a double cart, just adding a swich to that type of cart and you can swap between Slot and Checkers as many times as you want to...

post-10242-1187133400_thumb.jpg

Edited by e5frog

Oh... and the Ingelen Telematch (released before ITT bought Ingelen), there is also Emerson:

I did some research on the ITT/Ingelen story a while ago. My information is that ITT (or ITT Schaub-Lorenz to be exact) bought Ingelen in 1967 and than used the well known brand Ingelen for the marketing of own products in Austria. That would mean it was released after ITT bought Ingelen.

Looks like it says Emerson Videoplay System.

You are right, it says Emerson Vidoplay System. In the same week when I bought this system, there was a second one on Ebay Italy. Adrian (from pong-picture-page.de) bought it. The most interesting thing about it is, that he got a Dumont system in an Emerson box. Little later there was another Emerson on Ebay Italy (loose, with a small buy it now). Unfortunatly all the Dumont and Emerson systems came without instructions.

Thats right I forgot about the "Barco Challenger" I Remember seeing a instruction manual and the game system but never saw any carts. Interesting I did not know they used the same labels as the Fairchild carts. When you say the Original

Fairchild labels do you mean the picture labels only ? any idea how many games they released in there library ?

The only Barco game I've seen so far has a Fairchild picture lable. It's Videocart 1. I bought a Barco on ebay a couple of days ago, but the three games (4, 13, 14) came without instructions.

By the way the instructions of the system are also in English and include service addresses for Belgium, France, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.

If you have any of these items and would like

to sell or trade please LMK and I am sure we can work something out.

Back to topic ;)

From your want list I have the following stuff:

ITT:

1 (CBI), 3 (CI), 6 (CI) and 11 (CB)

Note: The box of 11 is missing the top flap.

Nordmende:

8 (CB), 9 (CB), 11 ©, 14 ©

Saba:

Instructions for 5, 10, 18

Note: A german seller on ebay is offering 12 (CBI), I could buy that one for youif you want. (Have a look at ebay item 120115503332, it's 7,99 Euro shipped to my place, so it's a little bit more than 10 Dollar.)

Jens

Jens... I'm looking forward to receiving a good quality pdf with the complete manual scanned in color in the next few days...

;-)

Check my post on how to get composite video, I've redrawn the first sheet of the schematic as well, crystal clear now!

... pleeeease?

Remember that the post-10242-1187271994.gif is online again!

/ fredriC

If ITT... bought Ingelen in 1967 and the Telematch was released ten years later in the Ingelen brand name, why the heck did they change the name to ITT on the unit instead, exact same exterior except for removing the Ingelen logo on the right side and putting an ITT-logo on the left side instead?

Perhaps Ingelen systems were sold only in Austria, and the ITT was sold in non-Austrich countries?? Then maybe there are a few more Ingelen machines to get hold of.

A fellow collector here in Sweden who has or have had most items known to videogame collectors have of course had an Ingelen machine as well for a little while...

It's my belief that the Telematch brand of the Fairchild System is the best one to have except for the hand controllers (same type as SABA Videoplay (not Vidoplay - right, Jens? ;-) ) 2, but big rectangular knobs (one blue one red) instead of small square almost cubic knobs...

The triangular know is the best in my opinion to get a good grip for twisting.

I've swapped controllers on my Telematch machine, and stored the original (fragile) controller in a safe place. The "fins" that hold the whole stick up are very thin and break easily - making a nice maracas but not good to play videogames with. And also the spiral springs were replased with rubber tubes instead - gives softer feel but also a bit wobbly... Rubber will probably also wear out quicker than springs, and age...

Best thing about the Telematch machine is the built in antenna switch, it automatically switches the antenna to the game when turned on. Sound on the TV, small footprint (smalles there is). No eject button, you just hook it into place and a goog looking 80's brushed metal front. One thing I've thought about a few times is that all text on the front of the panel are in English except for the ON button - it says "NETZ". :-D

I also think the PAL machines runs faster than the NTSC version, cause the crystal is a 4.433619 MHz instead of the 3.something that NTSC has. I noticed it the first time I ran Pac-man on my ITT, music was a little faster than in MESS - not as true to the original as it ought to be.

Any downsides then? Well, the antenna output and input are both female, so you have to have a gender changer in the output to connect a normal TV RF-cable (that has one male and one female connector). And the connectors are "hardwired", or really mounted in the shell, since there are connectors on the inside.

If ITT... bought Ingelen in 1967 and the Telematch was released ten years later in the Ingelen brand name, why the heck did they change the name to ITT on the unit instead, exact same exterior except for removing the Ingelen logo on the right side and putting an ITT-logo on the left side instead?

I think it was the other way round. ITT released the Telematch and relabled it for the Austrian market. I think it's the way companies behave when they take over other companies. If you have a strong brand, you use it. If it's only strong in one market, you only use it there.

By the way, I've checked the information again and it was 1966. (http://www.radio-ghe.com/fa.ingelen.htm)

There are other examples from the Channel F history. The French company Thomson Brandt bought Nordmende in 1977, still the Teleplay was released as a Nordmende product in 1978.

Perhaps Ingelen systems were sold only in Austria, and the ITT was sold in non-Austrich countries?? Then maybe there are a few more Ingelen machines to get hold of.

There was an Ingelen a couple of weeks ago on Ebay Austria and Adrian bought it. I hope we get better pictures soon.

SABA Videoplay (not Vidoplay - right, Jens? ;-) )

Right! ;)

Jens... I'm looking forward to receiving a good quality pdf with the complete manual scanned in color in the next few days...

;-)

I'll scan the manual as soon as I have some more time and I'll make pics of the systems and the modifications soon.

Check my post on how to get composite video, I've redrawn the first sheet of the schematic as well, crystal clear now!

... pleeeease?

I'll do that later too. Today I wrote more posts to a forum on a single day than ever before...

Jens

From your want list I have the following stuff:

ITT:

1 (CBI), 3 (CI), 6 (CI) and 11 (CB)

Note: The box of 11 is missing the top flap.

Nordmende:

8 (CB), 9 (CB), 11 ©, 14 ©

Saba:

Instructions for 5, 10, 18

Note: A german seller on ebay is offering 12 (CBI), I could buy that one for youif you want. (Have a look at ebay item 120115503332, it's 7,99 Euro shipped to my place, so it's a little bit more than 10 Dollar.)

Jens

PM Sent

Found these scans of a BARCO Inst. Manual in my files, not sure where/who I got them from but thought

I would post them so others can see what they look like

lools like they are either Dual language or two different instruction manuals were released

barcoinst.jpgbarcoinst2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Updated MY want list "today 9-02-07" See First Post

Thanks to everyone for the help so far, looking forward to

adding more items so Please keep me in mind when looking through

your collections or while searching the local sales.

Thanks again

FND