IGNORED

Atari SAP Music Archive 2.4 Available

Albert

http://asma.dspaudio.com/Version 2.4 of the Atari SAP Music Archive is now available. The Atari SAP music archive contains hundreds of the best tunes from Atari 8-bit computers in a format that can be reproduced perfectly by various SAP players. This latest update adds over 90 new songs to the ever growing and impressive collection of music. You can get the latest collection as well as players for various platforms at the Atari SAP Music Archive.

hmmm.. I tried responding to this earlier, but apparently it didn't get posted for some reason...

It's great to hear the music from MULE again (it's been way too long since I've played that game...), but I noticed that Seven Cities of Gold and Alternate Reality are missing from the collection... Is anyone working on converting these, or should I try to figure it out? :)

- Trevor

It's great to hear the music from MULE again (it's been way too long since I've played that game...), but I noticed that Seven Cities of Gold and Alternate Reality are missing from the collection... Is anyone working on converting these, or should I try to figure it out?  :)

Good question, I'm not sure why the music for these games isn't included. It could be that the routines are very complex and difficult to rip out of the programs. I'm not positive, but I thought the way SAP worked was by reproducing the actual algorithms that generate the music. This is probably easy in some games, but may be more difficult in others. Given the complexity of Alternate Reality, I'm not surprised the standalone music isn't included with ASMA yet..

But isn't the Alternate Reality music available separately? I thought I once saw a download for the music and an audio player to listen to them with...

..Al