IGNORED

Eye of the Beholder For Sale/Trade?

Tempest

Person that buys this could make is money back easily with a limited release....

Personally... normal repro prototypes and stuff go for around $30-40. Alpine Games is what... $49? I think copies of the full game of EotB could go for around $100.

I'd pay that. That's my opinion!

Person that buys this could make is money back easily with a limited release....

Personally... normal repro prototypes and stuff go for around $30-40. Alpine Games is what... $49? I think copies of the full game of EotB could go for around $100.

The problem is making the repro. It's a special 512K board with RAM back up, not easy to make.

Last call, any more bidders?

Tempest

The problem is making the repro. It's a special 512K board with RAM back up, not easy to make.

Last call, any more bidders?

Tempest

not easy to make,but surely it can be done :cool: ,i wish i would have known earlier.... :( owning the real proto is always better than having a copy! ill be the first to congrat the lucky secret winner! :D

I guess the issue is that someone else with an authentic prototype, may decide to "protect his investment" and try to get WotC to shut any reproductions down. I don't truly understand that logic, but I suppose it can (and probably does) happen.

Between that and someone simply just ratting it out - I'd say there's pretty little chance that any kind of 'visible' repro sales would ever be conducted. And if they were, not for very long at all.

I doubt any person wants to face the wrath of Hasbro/WoTC, and the chances of them granting distribution rights would probably be about slim and none.

I doubt any person wants to face the wrath of Hasbro/WoTC, and the chances of them granting distribution rights would probably be about slim and none.

I just don't get the logic. These companies need to start thinking "outside the box" when it comes to these protos for long dead video game systems...

Let's say they granted the rights and 50 copies were made for $39 each. Even if the copyright holders were to get 100% of the money that'd be $1,950, which is virtually nothing to them. However, some of those 50 people might go out and buy a current version of the game. They might get their friends interested in it. And it might catch fire with a totally new group of people thus making the copyright holders much more $$$.

But no. They'd rather lose a potential mini-boon rather than give someone 1 cent off of their copyright. :roll:

Tempest is right. I know that Harry said something like $30 (don't quote me on that....) or so for the boards alone. It may have been $50. Then someone bought out his remaining stock.

I don't know... and at this point... it is all up in the air. If said buyer chooses to release it, I think quite a few people here (and in other forums) would front the start-up costs to get this out to the public.

I wish it could happen with the current owner (As I believe Tempest is a great guy).... but he doesn't want his hands in that mess with the chance of a lawsuit happening. I don't blame him at all.

The least I hope the 'buyer' does: Try to document the game for all of us Lynx fans.

The most: Get that thing distributed!!! LOL

I really just hope that it doesn't fall into the hands of someone that will put it under lock and key. That is the worst case scenerio.

Oh well! We'll see what happens! I do applaud that this is even being sold! Tempest... I should have made a visit to your home and had a Lynx party with you prior to this sale. LOL

I think who ever buys it would have to worry about a mob with torches and pitchforks outside their door if they hoard it <.>

maybe,but it isnt like its the only copy either ,theres around atleast 20-30 that exist....... :cool:

Well I know of one other actual prototype and 5-10 copies that Harry made. I have no idea who owns the copies or if they even support saved games. Carl has one for sure though.

Tempest

I think who ever buys it would have to worry about a mob with torches and pitchforks outside their door if they hoard it <.<

maybe,but it isnt like its the only copy either ,theres around atleast 20-30 that exist....... :cool:

Well I know of one other actual prototype and 5-10 copies that Harry made. I have no idea who owns the copies or if they even support saved games. Carl has one for sure though.

Tempest

id be curious about the dates on them,that would be interesting too! whos Harry?? there are probably alot more copies floating around than we know.....i know of 2 or maybe even 3 that definetly have them,not the demoes either..... not to get off topic ,but where can i get Ultra Vortex proto for the Lynx ?? thanks buddy :cool:

I don't think there's a lot more of them floating around. I think Tempest basically gave us a very accurate account for what is out there.

ChrisLynx claims to have two authentic protos of EotB. Personally... I hate to say this... but if the man never posted pictures to any of his claims... can it really be believed?

I only know of this confirmed EotB. I've heard rumors... but can't really figure out if they have any weight to them. The copies... well... you'd expect them to show up from time to time.

I think that is the most mind boggling part.

$100 may be a bit of a stretch, I would go $50 no problem, boxed or loose if it had a working save feature. For $100 I would have to be impressed with a few reviews or something, although this game looks totally sweet there really isn't a whole lot out there about how fun it is to play.

I don't think there's a lot more of them floating around. I think Tempest basically gave us a very accurate account for what is out there.

ChrisLynx claims to have two authentic protos of EotB. Personally... I hate to say this... but if the man never posted pictures to any of his claims... can it really be believed?

I only know of this confirmed EotB. I've heard rumors... but can't really figure out if they have any weight to them. The copies... well... you'd expect them to show up from time to time.

I think that is the most mind boggling part.

actually a few members here on AA have them ,but they have not said anything or commented.....its the Lynx gem thats for sure..... :cool:

Hi Guys

Does a file of this copy exist,so that i could play on emulator? :?

greetings gambler172

I have a dump of the EPROM, but I've been told it doesn't work on emulators (then again, I never tried). I won't give it out unless I get the new owners OK to do so.

Tempest

Is it a double sided board or multilayer? Or is it an issue of component availaibility.

No idea. It's just a odd board design I think. Very few games used the 512K board and none had RAM backup as far as I know.

Tempest

Hi Guys

greetings gambler172

I have a dump of the EPROM, but I've been told it doesn't work on emulators (then again, I never tried). I won't give it out unless I get the new owners OK to do so.

Tempest

Hi Tempest

I own a version too,but this seems to be incomplete.Although it works on the handy emulator.

greetings Walter

Hi Guys

greetings gambler172

Tempest

Hi Tempest

I own a version too,but this seems to be incomplete.Although it works on the handy emulator.

greetings Walter

You have the demo..

Tempest... if said person buys the game and says it is ok to release that rom... that would be great. Collectors and fans both can scramble to figure out an emulator that works for it. I'm sure one could be built. Just not with my limited knowledge....

Hi Guys

greetings gambler172

Tempest

Hi Tempest

greetings Walter

You have the demo..

Tempest... if said person buys the game and says it is ok to release that rom... that would be great. Collectors and fans both can scramble to figure out an emulator that works for it. I'm sure one could be built. Just not with my limited knowledge....

The only thing I've seen floating around is a incomplete demo with maybe 2 or 3 screens ingame, it would loop if you tried to go on farther