Works much better now! Playable, but still mostly testing the steering and driving as proof of concept, so if you have paddles let me know how it drives.
Michael designed the pit stop (now I just need to implement a need for it). Curtis did the 4 player colored lap counter. Thanks to Michael, Batari, Curtis, Lord Mike, and everyone else for the advice.
* I don't have paddles, and playing it in Stella is difficult. I have a feeling the steering part still needs work. Maybe if you have paddles you tell me whether the steering is too rough and maybe even suggest what is wrong and how I could fix that.
* You can move the cars around in any of 16 directions using the paddle buttons as accelerators.
* The player icons are now tied to direction
* Has sound for all four engines
* Has lap count and working lap detection
* Has fuel gauges (lines to left and right of playfield). When fuel runs out, car is slower.
* Direction works better than previously
* Real Indy car sprites (thanks to batari)
See below for latest version (0.8 )
Edited by Fort Apocalypse, Sat Nov 3, 2007 7:17 AM.