IGNORED

HSC round 12, what do you guys want

Atari5200

could you not be lazy and go back and look?

Sorry that I don't have time to go searching for all the past threads, and thought the person running the thing would have this information more readily at hand.

That said, your comment was uncalled for. I won't participate in this anymore. Bye.

Space Dungeon - I like this game, but I'm not good at it. I'd like to see how others do with this one.

Zone Ranger - I haven't played this one in a long time. A HSC with this one would prompt me to dig it out of strorage and try it again.

Sorry that I don't have time to go searching for all the past threads, and thought the person running the thing would have this information more readily at hand.

That said, your comment was uncalled for. I won't participate in this anymore. Bye.

cry me a river. one of the original rules before i started the HSC was the necessity of trash talking. If you can't handle it, good riddance.

Edited by Atari5200

cry me a river. one of the original rules before i started the HSC was the necessity of trash talking. If you can't handle it, good riddance.

Cry? That implies that I'm saddened by it. I'm not. I'm disgusted.

You know, with so few people participating in this, I don't think you have the luxury of insulting people by calling them "lazy" and further ridiculing them.

I should ask Al about the title under your name. I don't know how you became the "official" anything.

I would call on other AA members who don't think this kind of behavior is appropriate to refrain from participating in high score challenges posted by "Atari5200." (It's not like you actually do anything, anyway.) If we want it, I'm sure another can be set up.

And I was actually defending you when people were calling you a troll in the 7800 forum.

Edited by Brian R.

You know, with so few people participating in this, I don't think you have the luxury of insulting people by calling them "lazy" and further ridiculing them.

I should ask Al about the title under your name. I don't know how you became the "official" anything.

I would call on other AA members who don't think this kind of behavior is appropriate to refrain from participating in high score challenges posted by "Atari5200." (It's not like you actually do anything, anyway.) If we want it, I'm sure another can be set up.

And I was actually defending you when people were calling you a troll in the 7800 forum.

overly sensitive is an understatement, but yeah, if you can't handle some trash talk in a simple online forum competition,Which again i'll note was a requirement from the beginning, I'd hate to see you in real life. I'm sure any slightest bit of push back and your running home to mommy. Sad really.

And yes the troll thing in the 7800 forum, define troll? If being a troll is having an opinion of something based upon my own experience, then yes i'm a troll, but everyone on this forum could be called a troll at one point too.

Edited by Atari5200

overly sensitive is an understatement, but yeah, if you can't handle some trash talk in a simple online forum competition,Which again i'll note was a requirement from the beginning, I'd hate to see you in real life. I'm sure any slightest bit of push back and your running home to mommy. Sad really.

And yes the troll thing in the 7800 forum, define troll? If being a troll is having an opinion of something based upon my own experience, then yes i'm a troll, but everyone on this forum could be called a troll at one point too.

I asked a simple honest question and you responded by calling me "lazy." I don't lay down for that, and I'm defending myself, not "running home to mommy," as you put it. In case you missed it, I'm the one pushing back here. Maybe you need to look back at what you said and decide if that's really appropriate.

Your first post was flawed to begin with. You ask people to nominate a game, but not one that's already been played, but then don't bother to say what those games were. You expect everyone to have kept track? Or maybe, if this was being run properly, your signature would have a list of what games were played, who won and what their score was. Ever think of that, hot shot?

And this isn't even a "competition" thread. It's a thread about what titles to pick for the competition! And I doubt any of your "rules" replace the real rules of the forum. You can't require jack.

My guess is in person you don't have as big a rude mouth as you do at your keyboard. Or if you do, you must get punched in the face often.

And maybe the people telling me you are a troll were right all along.

Edited by Brian R.

My guess is in person you don't have as big a rude mouth as you do at your keyboard. Or if you do, you must get punched in the face often.

Well, then let's meet and find out, how about Pittsburgh Mills Mall food court? I see you live in or around Pittsburgh as well so I'm game.

Well, then let's meet and find out, how about Pittsburgh Mills Mall food court? I see you live in or around Pittsburgh as well so I'm game.

Why would I want to go out of my way to meet an obvious jerk like you?

Why couldn't you have just answered the original simple question? Was that really too much to ask? Then this all could have been avoided.

Why couldn't you have just answered the original simple question? Was that really too much to ask? Then this all could have been avoided.

Did I not answer your question?? YES I DID, there's no edit or anything, I trash talked but STILL ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION. Before you went on your cry baby rant, the question was answered.

Edited by Atari5200

Did I not answer your question?? YES I DID, there's no edit or anything, I trash talked but STILL ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION. Before you went on your cry baby rant, the question was answered.

Oh, so calling it "trash talking" makes it ok?

This is like arguing with a four-year-old. I'm done with you.

Maybe toss a poll up there with a few games that haven't been played and let the forum software do the work.

I'm going to step out of line now...

I really hate to see discussion get heated up in a stickied thread that's been around a while. I wouldn't wanna be the cause of something like a high score competition getting locked up, so I either tone it down or I go out of my way to make sure folks know I'm joking when I really am joking (like in this week's NES competition).

I'm not really much into the 5200, but here are some suggestions:

Asteroids (fire up the emulators)

Adventure II (shortest time)

Miner 2049er

Mountain King

Kangaroo

Decathlon

Keystone Kapers

Maybe try some CBS titles or some Activison ones.

Sorry if some of those have been played--I haven't been following the competition much.

Edited by shadow460