IGNORED

Xenophobe XE now for sale?

DracIsBack

I pre-paid for a copy at Video 61 about 2-3 weeks ago. I e-mailed Lance a few days ago and he said he is still waiting for a new batch to arrive. I would e-mail him (video61@tcq.net) and see if he has a copy available in this next batch. He's had my money a little while but I have no problem with that. I've done business with him before (as many others have) and consider him trustworthy.

tjb

Edited by tjb

• 2 weeks later...
I pre-paid for a copy at Video 61 about 2-3 weeks ago. I e-mailed Lance a few days ago and he said he is still waiting for a new batch to arrive. I would e-mail him (video61@tcq.net) and see if he has a copy available in this next batch. He's had my money a little while but I have no problem with that. I've done business with him before (as many others have) and consider him trustworthy.

tjb

My copy arrived today! It was well worth the wait! An outstanding game!

tjb

Does the package from Video61 come with a box, or is it just the cart?

It comes with a box and manual. Not trying to be mean or anything but it's not even homebrew quality I'm afraid. Just a white generic box with a home made label and printout on what the game is about and how to play. Label on cart is also low quality. I just made my own XE style label and applied it to the gray XE cart!

If anyone who owns this wants a label like this, I have a whole sheet made as I made extras incase I messed it up when cutting/laminating etc. They are high quality, cut to size and laminated. Just use glue stick and apply to your cart! $5 shipped.

post-3709-1190163759_thumb.jpg

post-3709-1190163772_thumb.jpg

post-3709-1190163781_thumb.jpg

post-3709-1190163791_thumb.jpg

post-3709-1190163841_thumb.jpg

post-3709-1190163850_thumb.jpg

post-3709-1190164142_thumb.jpg

Edited by tjlazer

Does the package from Video61 come with a box, or is it just the cart?

It comes with a box and manual. Not trying to be mean or anything but it's not even homebrew quality I'm afraid. Just a white generic box with a home made label and printout on what the game is about and how to play. Label on cart is also low quality. I just made my own XE style label and applied it to the gray XE cart!

If anyone who owns this wants a label like this, I have a whole sheet made as I made extras incase I messed it up when cutting/laminating etc. They are high quality, cut to size and laminated. Just use glue stick and apply to your cart! $5 shipped.

Your label looks great! I actually have die-cut label sheets specifically for Atari 8-bit cartridges--they are pre-cut to the right size, complete with the (minimally) round corners. I used these to make a batch of 8-bit carts with brown labels (for the older brown plastic/metal carts) and they are hard to tell apart from the real thing. :) When you run out of your labels, I'd be happy to print out some sheets (I think there are 12 labels on each sheet) and make them available for others at a low cost. Beef Drop for the 8-bit use these labels also..

Xenophobe definitely deserves to have a high-quality label!

..Al

It is possible to write a small program for the Atari that will 'dump' the cartridge to rom. but fandal as the rom already.

35$ for a cart is not much if you want to play the game... it is more then just buying the game its also to support those pepole who invested lots of time & money digging this game out from its grave so we can enjoy it

Nir

Fandal got that prototype on ebay for an astronomical price, just to be sure it doesn't get into non-sharing-collectors hands.

The price was 2,000€ (This was the auction at eBay). Then he sold it with loss (don't know how much) to Video61 and gets a small amount for every sold cart. He will never get back his invested money - not even if any active atarian on this board would buy a cart at video61.

I don't think the price is unfair. In my opinion it would be extremely unfair to spread the ROM for free and take Fandal any chance to get at least some of his money back.

• Like 1

I don't think the price is unfair. In my opinion it would be extremely unfair to spread the ROM for free and take Fandal any chance to get at least some of his money back.

Absolutely agree, the price is low and it's the right thing to do to support Fandal. I'm just waiting on mine to show up :)

Here is a mock up of an alternate label. Which do you guys like better?

The second one here, much better. I'd like to see that on a cart near me soon. :D