Photo

Minikernel - Player Scores

102 replies to this topic

#101 bjbest60 OFFLINE  

bjbest60

Star Raider

• 92 posts

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:27 AM

As a minikernel? Definitely feasible, though I would make it a separate code base than this minikernel. I'll give it a try.

Edit: One limitation to keep in mind is that you will need to have your own functions for changing the value of the second score.  You won't be able to do e.g. score2 = score2 + 100 and have it work the way you would expect.

Yes, a minikernel would be awesome.  I think functions for score2 could definitely work.  As for color, personally I think it could just be static.  My understanding from a few pages back is that a second score might cost some variables, so I'm not sure one for a second score color would be worth it.

Thanks for looking into it!

#102 Gemintronic ONLINE  

Gemintronic

Jason S. - Lead Developer & CEO

• 9,252 posts

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:54 PM

Yes, a minikernel would be awesome.  I think functions for score2 could definitely work.  As for color, personally I think it could just be static.  My understanding from a few pages back is that a second score might cost some variables, so I'm not sure one for a second score color would be worth it.

Thanks for looking into it!

The problem with two six digit scores is that the second score isn't tied to the score math code.  So, you couldn't do things like: score2 = score2 + 16483

I'd still go bonkers for a second 6 digit score above the first.  Especially if it used a separate score font.  I'd use it for a menu bar for RPGs :)

#103 Karl G OFFLINE  

Karl G

Dragonstomper

• 603 posts

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:11 PM

The problem with two six digit scores is that the second score isn't tied to the score math code.  So, you couldn't do things like: score2 = score2 + 16483

I'd still go bonkers for a second 6 digit score above the first.  Especially if it used a separate score font.  I'd use it for a menu bar for RPGs :)

That's what I was trying to say.  One could make custom functions to do this, or do it the kludgy way by saving the score to temp variables, putting the second score in those variables, doing the operation, then putting each back in place.

I just posted my first not-yet-working stab at this just in case someone else wants to try to figure out my bug.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users