Photo

Any new info or rumors on these 7800 MIAs?

30 replies to this topic

#26 DreamTR OFFLINE  

DreamTR

Dragonstomper

• 771 posts

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:40 AM

Has anyone encountered any legal issues with the recent release of MIA?

Nope, I personally find it more of a $$$ thing that a worry about being sued. If you do what you do and follow along when they send you a C&D (if that was to ever even happen) your normally fine what I gather. I know where to get the unreleased proto's but I sure as hell don't have the cash to buy them. There has not been a single case yet where a company has taken full legal action agenst a hobbist for dumping out a unreleased proto but I wouldn't even bat an eye if some juggernaut did do such a thing to protect there IP.

Actually, the legal guys who owned the IP for Diablo went a little awry when the unreleased Game Boy demo version was sold on ebay, then posted on You Tube.

Mitch: I am just going by what I saw DP trying to sell it for. It said $5000 to anyone that wants it, and it sold pretty quick, so I figured that was the price.

#27 Mitch OFFLINE  

Mitch

Quadrunner

• 6,057 posts
  • 7800 Guy

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:17 PM

Mitch: I am just going by what I saw DP trying to sell it for. It said $5000 to anyone that wants it, and it sold pretty quick, so I figured that was the price.

No problem, $5000 was the original asking price. After several months of no takers we came to an agreement on a lower price.

Mitch

#28 ubersaurus OFFLINE  

ubersaurus

River Patroller

• 4,726 posts

Posted Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:19 AM

What about plutos? :)

Allan

Last I heard it was not for sale.

Mitch

Hell, last I heard they had trouble keeping it from crashing.

#29 Allan ONLINE  

Allan

Quadrunner

• 5,138 posts

Posted Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:44 PM

Allan

Mitch

I actually witnessed that. It only would play for 10-15 seconds and then crash. It looked really cool though. A two player scrolling space shooter. If you what to play it it was programmed for the STs.

Allan

Edited by Allan, Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:44 PM.

#30 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Your snarky overlord

• 22,230 posts

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:14 PM

Allan

Mitch

I actually witnessed that. It only would play for 10-15 seconds and then crash. It looked really cool though. A two player scrolling space shooter. If you what to play it it was programmed for the STs.

Allan

I heard that same story. I wonder why it kept crashing? Was it the game code itself, or the board? It seems odd that the programmer would bother to burn a version of the game that wasn't stable for more than a few seconds.

Tempest

#31 PingvinBlueJeans OFFLINE  

PingvinBlueJeans

River Patroller

• 4,290 posts
  • Eat It

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:18 PM

It seems odd that the programmer would bother to burn a version of the game that wasn't stable for more than a few seconds.

Kind of like Darkman's skin?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users