IGNORED

HELP! Information on Red Sea Crossing?

nagn2

Why would you want to sell it? It is a piece of gaming history. Treasure it and enjoy ;)

I am not an Atari collector. It would be better off in a serious collector's collection who would apprecite it more than I ever could.

That is like someone finding the Holy Grail but selling it on because he wasn't Catholic :roll: Still I respect your decision. I just hope whoever buys it shares it with the rest of the community ;)

Well, this is pretty neat if it's legit. Until I see a screenshot, I will not be 100% convinced, but still.... To find a cart from 83 that no one has seen in 2007 is just awesome. I hope this gets dumped and (possibly) dropped into a cart.

Cool stuff!

Well, this is pretty neat if it's legit. Until I see a screenshot, I will not be 100% convinced, but still....
Lord Thag, please remove your eye patch and take a look at the first post.

Nagn2,

I would also like to know if this game was originally sold with a box and/or manual.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Well, this is pretty neat if it's legit. Until I see a screenshot, I will not be 100% convinced, but still....

Nagn2,

I would also like to know if this game was originally sold with a box and/or manual.

8)

Ok, keep the questions I need to ask coming. I told Mr. Schustack I would give it some time and call him later in the week. Also, what does the term "dumping" or "dump" the cartridge mean?

Ok, keep the questions I need to ask coming. I told Mr. Schustack I would give it some time and call him later in the week. Also, what does the term "dumping" or "dump" the cartridge mean?
'Dumping' means copying the contents of the ROM inside a cartridge and creating a so called ROM image (or .bin file) of the game.

These ROMs (or .bin files) can then be played on your PC by using an Atari 2600 emulator.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Maybe, with so many questions, an email would be more appropiate?
My thoughts exactly.

Some more questions:

What exactly does the number 321430 on the cart mean?

Was it just a model number or a reference to something else?

Where there any other Inspirational Video Concepts, besides an Atari 2600 game?

Did Steve design his own label?

Did he program the game himself?

If yes, did he program the sounds/music/graphics himself or was someone else responsible for that?

Does it contain any secrets (or so called 'Easter Eggs')?

BTW: If yes, he doesn't have to tell them!

Did he have any connections with then known software houses and/or programmers?

How long did it take to program the game?

Does he own any work in progress or prototypes of this game or any other game concepts?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

:dunce: :rolling:

In my defense, those were not there yesterday. :D

Well, you can call me officially excited now! Awesome find! I agree about the email, too. We could get more info that way, and you could easily cut and paste it here.

Man, I love it when someone finds something like this!

I think it would be awesome if the programmer himself joined the forums here and could answer these questions. Maybe not be pushy about it, but say "hey, there's this web site where all these people are really into Atari history and curious about your game...if you want to take a look, here's the address..."

I think it would be awesome if the programmer himself joined the forums here and could answer these questions. Maybe not be pushy about it, but say "hey, there's this web site where all these people are really into Atari history and curious about your game...if you want to take a look, here's the address..."

....and talk him into allowing the rom to be put in cart form and sold here on AA! I think I speak for most everyone when I say we all want a copy! Both cart owner and Mr. Steve could make a little money from it that way and all would be happy.

WP

He did give me his email address, so I will go that route also. I definately do not want to harrass the guy...he was very nice to even talk to me in the first place...so I want to give all the questions I'll ever need in one shot. I have gone to garage sales for about 5 years and I have to say this is the most exciting thing I have ever found, regardless of what it is worth! The fact that I was able to talk to the man who created this after 24 years is amazing. Thanks to all who have helped! Even though I am not a video game collector, it is neat to take part in this apparent piece of video game history.

It sure took a long time for my gag hack to show up. It really fooled everyone to have Steve play along with it. If you want to send it to me I will let you choose any game in the AtariAge store for you time.

Just kidding. Great find. I also recommend that you let Albert or someone dump the BIN. It would be a shame to lose the game after all this time.

Glad to see this appears to be the real deal. 8)

I agree with the questions by e-mail. This would also allow him to attach any pictures or other documents he would want to share with the communtiy about this game.

Also, you could ask him where the 100 or so cartridges were sold from originally( what city or distribution method ) so we can get an idea of where they started from and where others possibly could be found in that area. Since we know 1 was found in your area in Ohio after 24 years, this may be difficult, but is worth a shot in determining where other copies may have ended up. :)

One other question for you: How much did you pay for Music Machine?

I agree with the questions by e-mail. This would also allow him to attach any pictures or other documents he would want to share with the communtiy about this game.

Also, you could ask him where the 100 or so cartridges were sold from originally( what city or distribution method ) so we can get an idea of where they started from and where others possibly could be found in that area. Since we know 1 was found in your area in Ohio after 24 years, this may be difficult, but is worth a shot in determining where other copies may have ended up. :)

I paid .50 cents for MUSIC Machine!

I paid .50 cents for MUSIC Machine!

Did you find both of these games at a garage sale in the Cincinnati area?