IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 2: Spacechase

Ze_ro

Tips:

While slow going at first, once you hit 10k points the enemy ships change and it gets much more challenging.

1) Beware the guided missile! No, it wasn't your imagination, that missile just swerved to hit you. You can tell when

one has been fired as the sound that the alien ship makes changes from a single high pitched note to a double "blip"

that's lower in pitch. Listen for this sound and look out.

2) Don't focus on your targets, focus on your ship and what's coming at it. You'll eventually hit your targets, but you

have to make self preservation your priority. Play defensive.

3) Try playing near one of the sides rather than in the middle of the playfield. Your shots that miss will very often connect as

the alien ship begins his trip back across the screen. It's like getting 2 shots at him instead of one. This strategy helped me a

lot.

In short - focus on your ship, play near a side, listen for the "double blip".

The game doesn't really get interesting until you break 10K. For those that haven't passed this point, keep trying. It does get more challenging...it just takes a long time to get past 10K, unfortunately. :(
That's good to know - I played a bit yesterday and turned it off as it was numbing my mind :lol:

New hi-score:

Another minor tip:

Try not to lose any of your lives fighting the 'Purple Millennium Falcons'.....your going to need them all when you face the 'Oval green faces'.

Plus, as far as I know....you aren't rewarded bonus lives. I don't even see a spot where it shows your lives.....i guess you just got to keep up with how many times you died.

18,350. A small improvement. I noticed something. Regarding staying at the bottom (which is a great idea, BTW.) If you move your ship up and fire, the shot doesn't travel all the way up to the top of the screen. This makes shooting the top row of ships even more difficult. Your shot has to be spot on in order to register a hit. If you keep your ship all the way down, the shots travel farther up the screen, allowing the enemy ships to collide with the side of your shot and be destroyed. Looks like a bug of some kind.

So, as was mentioned before, stay at the bottom of the screen. :)

P.S. I believe you get an extra life at 10K. I'm pretty sure I died 4 times in my last run.

post-9712-1190411101_thumb.png

Edited by Deteacher

Ok, this is my peeve with this game. It takes so long to reach 10K, the first stage is pretty boring. Then, once you hit 10K, usually, I'll lose all my lives in a matter of a minute or two. Investing all that time, only to get blown away right after reaching that threshold is rather frustrating. However, I did finally manage to break 20K. I don't know if I have it in me to try to best this score...yet, I am getting closer to RH (and I did promise him a run for his money.) :)

Oh, what the Hell! :D

post-9712-1190461176_thumb.jpg

I need a name for this syndrome I have.

I play for a couple days improving all the time, then I get a really good score and then I suck all of a sudden. For a day or so, every time I play it's like I get worse. I never seem to get better until I set it down for a day or so and come back.

Right now I can't get anywhere near the last score I posted of 19k. I guess I'll break for a day.

Edited by Blackjack

Anyone have tips for the second wave?

1.Dont stay in one spot, move right to the edges of the screen, you can touch the landscape.

2. Fire Like a madman.

Cruise through the first wave and get completely smoked by the green skull guys

Green? They are Purple for me.