IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 2: Spacechase

Ze_ro

This game goes from very easy to very challenging at the 10,000 mark for me. It seems there are many things that change all at once from Level 1 to Level 2. More enemies, a closer enemy, faster enemy shots, and more frequent enemy shots. I think it would be a bit better game if there was a more gradual change that happened a bit faster. Maybe every 2,500 points to implement one of the changes rather than all of them at 10,000. It also wouldn't take up to 20 waves to get the game to move along.

However, still not a bad game though and I've enjoyed trying to see how many waves I can last at Level 2. Level 3 seems impossible for me at this point though.

So far: 17,225

post-10944-1190609764_thumb.jpg

post-2641-1190684237_thumb.jpg

Another tip: When you get to the green skulls (10,000 points), at the end of each wave, move over to the right. This starts you further away from the enemy on the bottom row on the next wave, and gets you away from the "instant-death cheap-shots" that he unloads on you. It also gives you an extra second or two to figure out where he's at, and shoot him.

A little better tonight

When you get to the second wave, don't just keep the fire button down

Move to the extreme right and try to pick off that bottom guy first, then you can resume holding the button and hoping the remaining enemies run into your shots

Like was mentioned earlier, this game goes from ridiculously easy to insanely hard once you clear 10,000

Wonder if anyone will crack 30,000

I was going to suggest the far left strategy but you guys beat me to it.

The new enemy comes at 40k, according to the manual.

You get a new guy every 11k, which isn't explained in the manual.

It took me all damn week to get this score, including a LOT of playing starting on game select 3 to get used to the 2nd stage. Well, it paid off. Unfortunately, once 40k hits, you're lucky to get off a few shots, they are too damn quick.

41225 :cool:

post-4191-1190767646_thumb.jpg