IGNORED

Fixed the problem with my Vectrex!

theking21083

When I put a game into the cartridge slot and turn on the system it goes straight to Mine Storm. I tried cleaning everything realy well with alcohol and Q-Tips and still nothing. Does anybody have any suggestions on what could be wrong BESIDES the games or system being dirty.

Edited by theking21083

When I put a game into the cartridge slot and turn on the system it goes straight to Mine Storm. I tried cleaning everything realy well with alcohol and Q-Tips and still nothing. Does anybody have any suggestions on what could be wrong BESIDES the games or system being dirty.

I have one that has the some problem. When I push down on the cart and hit reset repeatedly, eventually it will come up, but this may not work for you. If I recall, the connection on the unit consists of little flexible metal strips, like on the NES and other consoles. My guess is that these are bent out of position, preventing contact with the cart in one (or more) places. It might be possible to get in there with one of those little jeweler's screwdrivers and bend the contacts back into position, although I have not tried this and it may involve taking the unit apart. I could be wrong, but that is my recollection, and it seems to make sense in light of the fact that my pushing technique tends to work.

On the bright side, Mine Storm is probably the best game on the system... :)

I cleaned it to the best of my abilities and it does nothing different.

Alright, well pack it up and send it to me and I'll... er... throw it away for you.

Is your address still 1124 Kiss my @$$ ST?

NOTE: Do not take my comment seriously it was a joke, but do take it into consideration.

I actually just fixed it. I had to take a small screwdriver and bend the contacts for the cartridge slot to make them tighter. Now it works 100%. So I thank you Matt Fisher for giving me the idea to do this. Now I can sit on the couch with the Vectrex on the coffee table and play while my wife is watching dancing with the stars.

I actually just fixed it. I had to take a small screwdriver and bend the contacts for the cartridge slot to make them tighter. Now it works 100%. So I thank you Matt Fisher for giving me the idea to do this. Now I can sit on the couch with the Vectrex on the coffee table and play while my wife is watching dancing with the stars.

You're welcome, but I'm sure any one a hundred (or a thousand) people here could have given you the same advice, I just got here first.

If you want some more free advice, I'll echo Zonie and say: "Get a Vecflash!!!" Play just about all the games ever made for the price of a boxed Pole Position? Need I say more?

Scramble, Berzerk, Clean Sweep, and Mine Storm are my favorite games and their are alot of good homebrews.

Mine Storm is really great but try Fortress of Narzod, Gravitrex, Protector, Pole Position, Hyper Chase (sooo fast), Web Warp - Web Wars, they are fabulous !

FYI I already have a VecFlash I bought it the same day as my Vectrex. It is awesome and now I don't even have to buy any games for it. As far as the overlays go I really don't even like them so don't really care if I don't have them. I have one for Clean Sweep which is the only game that I have other then the VecFlash.