IGNORED

creatiVision Multicart v1.0 -- READY and ON SALE NOW!

MADrigal

We're done... we begun this project in late Aprile 2007, and we're finally done with it!

creatiVision Multicart v1.0 is the only existing homebrew cartridge for the rare and obscure <b>creatiVision</b> classic console from 1982. 100 copies are done. 55 copies have been pre-ordered and we're about to ship them within a few days, so we still have 45 copies to sell.

Here's what's featured:

- individually numbered deluxe cardboard box with internal cartridge holder

- 12-page booklet featuring instructions for all included games

- 8 Mega-bit EPROM including up to 32 ROM games/programs

- professional PCB featuring a 5-way DIP Switch to easily select included ROM games/programs

- 100% compatible with creatiVision, Dick Smith Wizzard, Funvision, Rameses, Laser 2001 and Salora Manager

- specially designed plastic case with individually numbered classic title stickers

- 6 cardboard joystick overlays, for use with all featured games/programs

- limited edition to 100 copies

- 27 ROM games/programs included:

Auto Chase

Astro Pinball

BASIC (1982 version, R1)

BASIC (1982 version, R2)

BASIC (1983 version)

BASIC (1983 version, speed hack)

BASIC (V.1 version)

Chopper Rescue

Crazy Chicky

Crazy Pucker (aka Crazy Moonie and Crazy Chewy)

Deep Sea Adventure

Ha.P. Monitor

Locomotive

Music Maker

Planet Defender

Police Jump

Soccer

Sonic Invader

Stone Age

Tank Attack

Tennis (Coca Cola/Sprite)

Tennis (Dick Smith)

Tennis (Wimbledon)

Werben Informieren (German demo sampler)

Werben Informieren (English translation)

Orders:

price is EURO 42,95 (equivalent to around US$ 59,50)

postage is EURO 6,00 to 9,00 for registered airmail service

we accept all forms of payment: Paypal, International bank transfer, Postal Order, etc.

Here's some useful links:

- CreatiVEmu website (the main resource for creatiVision on the web)

- creatiVision Multicart v1.0 (infos, picture gallery and order form)

Here's some pictures of Multicart.

multicart_01.jpg

multicart_02.jpg

multicart_03.jpg

multicart_05.jpg

multicart_07.jpg

Yes, go to the "downloads" page. There's emulators, roms and screenshots of every game and program :)

Well, maybe except for this one:

post-8393-1191352418_thumb.jpg

createst.bin

(Yes, it's me again... note: the BIN file above is for Creativision emulators, not for the Atari 2600 this time)

Hey Kurt,

do you want me to distribute your demo through my CreatiVEmu website? I thought it was private for me only :)

Yes, go to the "downloads" page. There's emulators, roms and screenshots of every game and program :)

Well, maybe except for this one:

post-8393-1191352418_thumb.jpg

createst.bin

(Yes, it's me again... note: the BIN file above is for Creativision emulators, not for the Atari 2600 this time)

Hey Kurt,

do you want me to distribute your demo through my CreatiVEmu website? I thought it was private for me only :)

I think it would be a good idea... basically I see this demo as "finished"... its only purpose was to demonstrate that it's possible to program the Creativision (and that its video chip is able to do the Bitmap Mode). Maybe this could encourage more homebrew authors to do something for it...

The reason why this demo is finished is... well... it fills up 12K of a cartridge with a single image alone (which does take up 12K in the VDP RAM), so I probably wouldn't do something like this in a game, since the biggest released carts only had 18K, so a 12K title picture would only leave 6K for an actual game.

So, yes, I think it would be a good idea to have this demo on your website. If you want, you can also put up the sourcecode, unless it makes you feel deprived of a gift I gave you... but I think it could be a bit useful in demonstrating how sound and video can be accessed...

OK, actually the source code is a bit confusing since I tried out different things which I then just commented out instead of removing them... and some comments I wrote into it apply to the commented-out lines which don't really get compiled and executed. I'm just cleaning it up a bit... and I'm not sure what to do with it. But it's time to go to bed now...

Kurt, I'm *honored* to put your binary in CreatiVEmu website :)

I'll also include the source code, or you can send me an updated and "clean" version, if you want to. There's no hurry right now, since I'm very buy in dispatching Multicart orders (we had over 60 orders!), so I'll update my site next week :)

CYA Later ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

so, this is a system similiar to the Atari? i've never seen one. did it get a different name and get sold in the USA?

It's not really similar at all, more along on the lines of an intellivision with the keypad. It's pads go together to make a keyboard, and the console was expandable to become a full fledged computer, which was it's gimmick. It was not sold in the USA

so, this is a system similiar to the Atari? i've never seen one. did it get a different name and get sold in the USA?

Its hardware is very close to Colecovision and MSX.

I recently also released Diagnosticart - that's a new cart featuring ultra rare diagnostic software that surfaced last year. I produced 40 copies, and it's sold out since the very beginning.

All infos here, as usual:

http:/www.madrigaldesign.it/creativemu/

:)