IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 10: Fantastic Voyage

Ze_ro

Scoring Points in Fantastic Voyage

[*]Points are awarded for shooting obstacles and bonus points are gained for completeing each phase. The stornger the patient's heartbeat upon completion, the higher the bonus.

[*]Defense cells (similar to Scamble's rockets) get you 250 points.

[*]Blood cells get you 25 points per hit, but harm the patient at the same time.

[*]Antibodies bring, I think, 75 points.

[*]Bacteria bring 100 points per hit, that is 300 points if completely killed.

[*]Clotlets get you 1 point per hit, though they're indestructable.

[*]The clot gets you 200 points per hit, that is 3000 points in total.

I played around some more tonight, but still couldn't break 300k. However, I did figure out all the scoring by shooting something and using the pause feature. The above information is mostly correct.

Defense Cells: 250 points, these can pass by without harming the patient.

Blood Cells: 3 shots to destroy, 1st=10 pts, 2nd=20 pts, 3rd=25 pts, Total = 55 points

However, you do not want to shoot these. Damaged Blood Cells will harm the patient.

Bacteria: 3 shots to destroy, 1st=100 pts, 2nd=50 pts, 3rd=50 pts, Total = 200 points

Shoot these or the patient will be harmed.

Enzyme: 500 points, these can pass by without harming the patient.

However, you want to shoot these as they will heal the patient a little.

Antibodies: 75 points, Shoot these or the patient will be harmed.

These spwan if a wall is touched.

Clotlets: 1 point per hit and are indestructable.

Blood Clot: 15 shots to destroy, each hit is worth 200 points, Total = 3000 points

OK, this is my last entry for this week... 148721.

post-8393-1195596469_thumb.png

One last hint: In the last stage with the clotlets, you can safely touch walls, for in that stage, antibodies won't appear. so you can use the walls to "sneak" past those clotlets (but you should keep the fire button pressed because hitting them increases your score, though not by too much).

Edited by Kurt_Woloch

253,742 six patients saved, dead on stage 5 to a collision with an antibody that I couldn't quite nail. I was hitting too many blood cells in stage 2, and the bacteria in stage 3 were all hiding.

In stage 3, it is very important to assign priority to your targets. Even if it means hitting a bacterium only once or twice, you MUST get ahead to the large chains that are moving towards areas you can't reach. Enemies and wall will get very close to you, and you need to be comfortable with that.

Get used to killing antibodies, too. Sometimes wall collisions are inevitable. If you have to miss an antibody to kill a full grown bacterium, do it. Antibodies cause two points of damage, bacteria cause one point for each hit they have left.

In stage 1, cruise by at about half speed nailing as many T cells as you can. Nail all the enzymes and keep off the walls.

In stage 2, navigate the maze, blasting blood cells if you have to. One hit causes on point of damage, but it can trim the cell down enough to let you through. Colliding with the cell causes at least two points of damage, and maybe a third for the collision itself.

In stage 3, make sure you get to the bacteria before they hide. It's better to let one or two slip than to hit one. It's also better to hit the wall than to let a full grown bacterium slip by. You have a good chance of killing the antibody anyway.

In stage 4, shoot ONLY the bacteria and the enzymes. Do not aim for the T cells, as one errant shot can hurt your patient.

In stage 5, find the sweet spot that allows you to handle the maze, and speed up when you can. don't hit the walls here, as slowing down for an antibody will cost you too much time.

In stage 6, barge right through to the clot, firing the whole way, then pull back just a bit as the clot approaches. If your patient is critical already, you need to skirt around the clotlets, otherwise just barrel on though.

It can't be stressed enough, TIME is you biggest enemy here. If you spend that time going from enzyme to enzyme, your patient will survive. If you waste the time trying to hit everything, he or she will die on the table.

BTW, I'm on a 7800 with standard RF output, and I have no trouble with this game. I did use the "TV Type" switch I added in to pause between patients.