IGNORED

Hello fellow lynxers!

theking21083

Just thought I would let everybody know that I am now a proud Lynx owner. I have wanted one since I first saw an ad for one in GamePro magazine back in the early 90's. I got it in a trade here on this site and am very excited to receive it. It was shipped out today so hopfully I will get it by Monday. In the trade I got a Lynx II, carrying case, A/C adaptor, Battery Adaptor, ComLynx cable, and 17 games.

Chips Challenge

Crystal Mines II

Ishido

Jimmy Connors Tennis

Klax

Kung Food

Malibu Bikini Volleyball

Pac-Land

Pinball Jam

Pit Fighter

Qix

Rampart

Robo Squash

Super Skweek

Toki

Tournament Cyberball

Xybots

I'm super excited because Chips challenge was one of my favorite PC games back in the day and I also have fond memories of playing Crystal Mines 1 on the NES. Toki was also an awesome game on the Genesis that I played all the time. I already have a bunch of games lined up to purchase and can't wait to try them out. I know that their are 1,000,000 other threads like this but I just couldn't help it. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am joining the Lynx comunity.

The Vectrex arrived today in perfect condition. I'm sure my wife thought it quite strange that I had ordered a karaoke machine.

That's going to be a fun little unit to play with. It's just so retro. :)

It won't be long before I'm applying fixes to eliminate that awful buzzing audio.

I checked out a Vectrex site the other day, you know there is a home brew scene for this? :)

I was vaguely aware of it. Once I got my Vectrex, I looked into it a little further. I'm sure it gets complex at some point, but at the "Hello World" leve, the programming looks like child's play in relation to the Atari 2600 stuff I've been tinkering with off and on.

I have the VecFlash multi-cart, so I might try coding something simple one of these days. I get ambitious enough to get beyond "oooh, I made something show up on the screen", I'd try to build something along the lines (pun intended) of Circus Atari.