IGNORED

Atari Falcon available again on ebay

gryhrstr

Hey folks. I keep watching ebay. Another Falcon has come up on ebay today. Looks very much like the one I posted here a few weeks ago. That one went for around $460-$470. Don't remember precisely now and didn't save the listing.

Keep thinking that maybe the seller had trouble with the winning bidder in that one. Or else this is a guy really into the scene and just has Falcons. In any event, it's there if you're interested.

230192978752 Copy and paste this number into ebays search engine.

Auctions for about 10 days.

No, I'm not the seller and I don't know the seller. I just know a lot folks around here are interested in Falcons.

:) Happy Bidding.

Well, I went as high as $505 but its still heading up. I sold my Falcon when my wife was pregnant years ago and have always kind of missed it. I don't miss it that much!

Good luck to whomever gets it.

Fletch

Hey folks. I keep watching ebay. Another Falcon has come up on ebay today. Looks very much like the one I posted here a few weeks ago. That one went for around $460-$470. Don't remember precisely now and didn't save the listing.

Keep thinking that maybe the seller had trouble with the winning bidder in that one. Or else this is a guy really into the scene and just has Falcons. In any event, it's there if you're interested.

230192978752 Copy and paste this number into ebays search engine.

Auctions for about 10 days.

No, I'm not the seller and I don't know the seller. I just know a lot folks around here are interested in Falcons.

:) Happy Bidding.

Wow, it hit $515 U.S. tonight with still 8 days to go. These things seem to go in cycles. Normally I would think people would save the big buck bids for the last minutes of the auction. For some reason, right now there is a lot of interest in Atari stuff on ebay. Picked up quite a number of things myself. Right now it seems a Falcon is a pipe dream for the short term. :(

Wow, it hit $515 U.S. tonight with still 8 days to go. These things seem to go in cycles. Normally I would think people would save the big buck bids for the last minutes of the auction. For some reason, right now there is a lot of interest in Atari stuff on ebay. Picked up quite a number of things myself. Right now it seems a Falcon is a pipe dream for the short term. :(

Damn how many Atari Falcons and TT030's does he have? lol

RunPC, the guy selling the Falcon here and the TT last week was an Atari Dealer. I think I saw someplace that he decided to clean up the warehouse and found a bunch of old stock. So I guess he's blowing out what is left. That TT he sold for $3000 was past ludicrous. Good for him though.

RunPC, the guy selling the Falcon here and the TT last week was an Atari Dealer. I think I saw someplace that he decided to clean up the warehouse and found a bunch of old stock. So I guess he's blowing out what is left. That TT he sold for $3000 was past ludicrous. Good for him though.

The 2nd TT he sold went for half that amount.

What does a nicely decked out Falcon go for these days? I remember buying one for about $250 or so several years ago, but every time I see one on ebay they go for much much more than that. I realize ebay probably isn't the best place to get a good deal on a Falcon though. I've wanted one for awhile now, but I just bring myself to spend $500 for a machine I'll probably only play around with now and then (although my PTC monitor is getting awfully lonely without a system...)

Tempest

What does a nicely decked out Falcon go for these days? I remember buying one for about $250 or so several years ago, but every time I see one on ebay they go for much much more than that. I realize ebay probably isn't the best place to get a good deal on a Falcon though. I've wanted one for awhile now, but I just bring myself to spend $500 for a machine I'll probably only play around with now and then (although my PTC monitor is getting awfully lonely without a system...)

Tempest

Unfortunately they are all going for $500+ these days. I see almost every single one end for $400+ and if it has a box expect way more than $500. Get one while you can! I have seen the price rise pretty steady since 2003 when I bought mine for around $325.

Tempest

Unfortunately they are all going for $500+ these days. I see almost every single one end for $400+ and if it has a box expect way more than $500. Get one while you can! I have seen the price rise pretty steady since 2003 when I bought mine for around $325.

The problem is, the Falcon is just a neat curiosity for me. I'd never use it to its full potential. I'd rather it go to someone who would actually use it for something.

Tempest

Tempest

The problem is, the Falcon is just a neat curiosity for me. I'd never use it to its full potential. I'd rather it go to someone who would actually use it for something.

Tempest

Trust me I know exactly how you feel. I have two F030's and all I have done with them is play a few rounds of Double Bobble 2000 and maybe play around with TOS 4.0x. I recently did add a 14MB card, and TOS 4.04 and tried some games that would not load with 4MB, but that is about it. Do I care? Nope. I have the infamous Falcon030--The Amiga 1200 killer! LOL

Maybe for a lot of us there is simply satisfaction in being able to say I have one.

This Falcon closed yesterday at $660 US. The buyer is someone who is into buying "vintage" things. I don't think at $660 he plans to resell it. :roll:

I hope as suggested earlier in this thread, the seller has more Falcons for sell. Maybe in his warehouse he has a gazillion Falcons but can only get a reasonable return by selling on ebay. (In America) :)

Here's a question for all you users who were around at the time. What were Falcons selling for back in the day when they made their debut?? I didn't even know they existed until a couple of years ago.

Tempest

Tempest

That's the problem I have with mine. I've owned one for quite a few years but have never really had the time to do anything with it. I should probably sell it while there is still an interest in them. Decisions decisions.

• 3 months later...

The funny thing is, I've got the box for mine, but I think it may be missing a couple of case screws (hence lowering the value). I had it apart some years back installing a TT-Touch keyboard upgrade and a 14 meg ram expansion and had to slap it back together in a hurry because I had to move on very short notice. We'll find out soon enough. I think I'm going to list it on Ebay in the next week or two.

Also, is there a market for odd Atari paraphernalia? I have what appears to be a plexiglass printer stand with the Atari logo on it.. looks like it was used for a trade show or something.

What is the compatibility out of the box with the ST or STE? These things are basically bringing in the same money on ebay that they did when Atari sold them in 93. Sigh....

Games wise not terrific. Also the added annoyance of games that require an ST monitor and can't use VGA. :(

On the plus side dbug is building a great collection of games that have been fixed to run on the Falcon/MST's and run from hard drive. Yay! :D

What is the compatibility out of the box with the ST or STE? These things are basically bringing in the same money on ebay that they did when Atari sold them in 93. Sigh....

Games wise not terrific. Also the added annoyance of games that require an ST monitor and can't use VGA. :(

On the plus side dbug is building a great collection of games that have been fixed to run on the Falcon/MST's and run from hard drive. Yay! :D

Thanks. I forgot about the ST video compatibility. I figured games would be pretty much hit or miss.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a NEW Falcon 030 in the box that I am thinking of selling. Since I paid around $800 for it last year I would like to get that and any equity back if possible. LOL I might throw it on eBay too. Anyone interested? :)

It is a stock USA 4MB unit complete in the box, No HD. I took it out once to power it up and it works fine. Then i put it back in the box and it's in the closet now!

I have a NEW Falcon 030 in the box that I am thinking of selling. Since I paid around $800 for it last year I would like to get that and any equity back if possible. LOL I might throw it on eBay too. Anyone interested? :)

It is a stock USA 4MB unit complete in the box, No HD. I took it out once to power it up and it works fine. Then i put it back in the box and it's in the closet now!

That was what I di with my Clab one, set it up and then put it away. You should do alright at $800 on fleabay.