IGNORED

Lochjaw and Out of Control

GeneralHellfire

re: most prized posessions... below are the grails in my atari collection.

I bought these with the first money I ever made doing paper routes.

Measured in terms of % of income, they may also be my most valuable. Back then, every dollar went into buying these games. I'd hate to see what my basement would look like today if I spent 100% of my income on games, but it probably would be pretty cool though... hmmmm?

post-12554-1195711542_thumb.jpg

P.S. I do think Video Life is an awesome item to have by the way.

I don't, I think it's a piece of crap, way overpriced too.

Now that is how you do sarcasm :D

It is overpriced though, so is Atlantis 2.

No, I am completely serious, it's a piece of crap and I wish I got it for 50 bucks.

There you go homer, I am seriously talking down Video Life! Will it make a difference, nope. Even though I am 100% sincere, I won't make a difference. :(

I don't, I think it's a piece of crap, way overpriced too.

Now that is how you do sarcasm :D

It is overpriced though, so is Atlantis 2.

No, I am completely serious, it's a piece of crap and I wish I got it for 50 bucks.

There you go homer, I am seriously talking down Video Life! Will it make a difference, nope. Even though I am 100% sincere, I won't make a difference. :(

OK, I see where you're coming from. No problems. :)

Ping, I paid $1,500 for that cart

Yeah, we know, sorry about that. :(

Well whatever. It is one of the few carts you don't have. And I know you don't want that stupid hack anyways. Just get off my back will ya.

The only one I may have interest in, is 5th's. Again, not for that kind of money though.

You've got to learn how to take a little sarcasm. ;)

And some people need to know when to back off. Fact is that this is the most prized possession I have, and I am tired of people continuing to throw crap at it. Imagen if people constantly said garbage about your Video Life and how it's not really a game and stuff like that. My guess is that you would not appreciate the sarcastic comments about it. This goes for anyone. Imagine if people constantly threw insults at your most cherished possession. Would you be OK with that. Of course not.

Most Prized/cherished possesion is Atlantis 2 :? I think you mean your most valuable possesion. I would hope your most prized possesion would be something else. I have an antique Mandolin (pre cival war era) made by Gibson that is easily worth 10 times more then your Atlantis 2 (yes the one with the docs), It was my Grandfathers and now it's mine. I play instruments so my Grandma and Uncle gave it to me, even though I am sure they could have used the money. That's what makes it valuable, not the $$$ amount. I also feel no need to join a Gibson forum and brag about it and talk the value of it up. If it's worth $100,000 or one penny it will always be one of my most prized possesions. Go ahead and call it a piece of crap and say it's not really a guitar since it is half the size of one, call it a hack since back then they sometimes used the same parts on several different models, I could care less :) There is more to life then money and status man.

Maybe your right on the cherished possession part. I have a painting from my great grandfather. Was he a good artist? No way. I probably would be lucky to get $5 for it. But I do cherish it a lot because it is part of my lineage and he actually spent time making it. He died way before I was born but somehow I feel that I have an hours of his time forever encapsulated. For everyone else this painting is not much, but for me it is priceless. :)

Now you are getting it :) Photo's also make good cherished possesions. Would you trade every photograph you own for a complete Atlantis 2...I doubt it :)

re: most prized posessions... below are the grails in my atari collection.

I bought these with the first money I ever made doing paper routes.

Measured in terms of % of income, they may also be my most valuable. Back then, every dollar went into buying these games. I'd hate to see what my basement would look like today if I spent 100% of my income on games, but it probably would be pretty cool though... hmmmm?

post-12554-1195711542_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the only item I still own from childhood is a Megamania Patch that me and my Dad won together. We probably won 20 or so total but since Megamania was his favorite game he sent away for two patches. All of my patches were sewn on to a Jean jacket that was later sold at a garage sale for 25 cents :x A few years ago he pulled out the Megamania patch and gave it to me. Reminds me of the days my Dad would actually play video games, once the NES came out he hung it up for good, I couldn't pay him to play Super Mario - lol - Although he does like Wii sports... :ponder: