IGNORED

Just got a Vectrex, now I would...

Bez

You don't really need the overlays for most of the games. In fact some games play better without them. I think there is a story around about the Vectrex programmers mad at management because the artist didn't consult them when creating the overlays, as for the most part they were a marketing afterthought.

I guess there are a few games for which you need the overlays. Pinball and, oh, that tank game need overlays, and a few of the games like soccer and football have some helpful instructions printed at the bottom. But for the most part they are unnecessary.

The benefit of the multicarts is that they contain hobbiest games, prototypes and fixes that were never released on their own cartridge. The other benefit of Vectrex multicarts is that they are unquestionably legal -- all the games were released into the public domain.

Eric

The VecRam is worth a thought too. You can then download any bin file from the net and play it on your machine. This has the benefit of always being up-to-date, and you can write your own games and test them on a real console really easily!

http://www.ric.dial.pipex.com/

This isn't my product btw. I just have one and its great!

Steve/Jobf

Don't be talkin trash RJ. I know you are a fan of my site that is why you go visit my site because it is the best and I have lots of good things like my world-famous interviews and my mailbag, and all that good stuff. So dont be talkin trash RJ cause I dont see you in an atari site or nothing. And this page is about vextric and games and things. james traficant is on television now i got to go. thanx joe.

Thanks for the tips guys!

So, anyone got some carts for trade or sell?

I actually have most of the common games available for sale or trade, many with the overlays. If I left my office to get the list my wife would figure out that I'm not working like I told her I was (I am working, I'm on a break) but if you want to send me an e-mail I'll get it together.

I was actually holding on to them to sell them with the spare Vectrex after I fix it, but I will probably never get around to fixing it, so...

Eric

Vectrex???  Awesome...wish I could find one....RIP OFF!!!!  Finding a Vectrex is like finding 100% Pure Gold!

BTW...Nice page, Atari Joe :D

I have two for sale. One is a US model that has no label cover on the joystick and the other is a UK model with the 220V/50Hz plug on it. The UK model has a good joystick but the case is a little beat up.

Email me if interested.

Think of taking them to CGE to sell.