IGNORED

Definitive Alien vs. Predator guide *NEW SCANS*

Gunstar

I have my scanner working again and have uploaded scans of the Tips&Tricks AvP guide to the first post of this thread. These are in ENGLISH. Enjoy! :cool:

Great news! I was hoping that some day an English version of the AvP guide would show up. My French isn´t good enough ;)

Edited by jaguar_fan

Here's a mini guide I did in the way-back-when days...

=================================

Jaguar help file: 10-25-94 (Tim Patrick, Kailua/Hawaii)

=================================

The shortest way through the AvP MARINE game!

It's possible to complete the MARINE scenario with only the level-6 and 10 security cards. Not easy... but possible. This is not a complete "walk through," but it does outline the steps needed to do it. I have finished the game in a single sitting, WITHOUT SAVING, in under 2 hours.

Ready? Okay...

Go through AIRDUCT-4B (from the "food" room in the Barracks) to the level-4 Training Maze, and then through AIRDUCT-4C to the level-4 MEDLAB to get the LEVEL-6 SECURITY CARD. There is also a Pulse-Rifle to be found a little north and west of the exit from airduct-4B, "Bug Soup!"

If you didn't get the Pulse-Rifle in the Training Maze, stop by the ARMORY and get it, then go to the PREDATOR SHIP on level-1 and get the SMART GUN, "Rock And Roll!"

Go to level-5 and get the MOTION TRACKER, "Run But You Can't Hide!" Then go to the ALIEN SHIP and find the Queen Alien, the LEVEL-10 SECURITY CARD is at the back of the Queen's egg room. By the way... you don't have any smart gun ammo, but there's some to be found on the Alien ship.

With the level-10 card you can go to the MEDLAB and restore your health to 100%, then go to the Armory and get the FLAME THROWER, "I'll Tell Ya About Killin'!" Also, LOAD-UP on ammo!

And last but not least, you can go to the COMMAND CENTER on level-2 and set the SELF DESTRUCT!

5... 4... 3... 2... 1... BOOM!!

Finishing the game with only two security cards is difficult. You tend to run out of ammo before reaching the medlab. To make life a little easier on yourself, get the #1 card and go through airduct 3C from the kitchen to find the pulse-rifle, that'll give you a little more fire-power. (Or if you really want to do it with just 2 cards you could just go to level-1 and make a mad dash to the room north of the elevator. There's a pulse-rifle there, and you don't need a card to get in.) Also, when you go to level-1 to get the smart gun, get the level-7 security card from the room south of the elevator and stop by the armory to get the flame thrower on your way to the alien ship. Or, you could get the level-9 security card from the Predator ship and load up the smart gun while you're getting the flame thrower. This should allow you to finish the game in one sitting, without saving.

Yes, there really is a PULSE-RIFLE on level-3. Airduct-3C (in the Kitchen) leads into a small room that opens to a small hallway on the back side of a "jammed" door, and another room with a dead body at the door. Walk over the body. There's another one on level-1 in the room north of the elevator, and yet another one in the level-4 Training Maze south, south and west of the east elevator (near the armory). These can all be reached with no more than a level ONE security card clearance.

Aloha, from the Happy Hacker

<><><>< Alien inside ><><><>

Edited by GeekGod
  • Like 1

Hey, that's cool and all, but in undr 2 HOURS?!? PLEASE! I can call Dominos pizza and finish the game before the guy arrives! The Predator quest I can finish before a commercial segmant on TV is over! ;)

Hey, that's cool and all, but in undr 2 HOURS?!? PLEASE! I can call Dominos pizza and finish the game before the guy arrives! The Predator quest I can finish before a commercial segmant on TV is over! ;)

And what does that have to do with the Marine scenario, and something that was written over 13 years ago when the game was still fresh and new?

Oh, I forgot, you're Gunstar, the god of all video games. All right, dude, you win. You can play every game ever invented better than anyone that ever existed. Are you happy now? Sheesh, get a life. :roll:

And what does that have to do with the Marine scenario, and something that was written over 13 years ago when the game was still fresh and new?

Oh, I forgot, you're Gunstar, the god of all video games. All right, dude, you win. You can play every game ever invented better than anyone that ever existed. Are you happy now? Sheesh, get a life. :roll:

I was JOKING! Didn't you see the smiley?!? :roll: I put it there to SPECIFICALLY show you I was joking around!

It was supposed to be good fun I was haveing WITH you! :(

Damn! get a grip!

I could understand a misinterpretation if I didn't use a smiley, meant to show emotion that words don't show, but...well, maybe you just weren't paying attention. I need to get a life? Seems your doing the same thing I am... :roll:

Edited by Gunstar

dude you got any lynx scans in your collection? :-)

I have a few, and a few obscure articles, even some in French, but most Lynx stuff was pre-'93 and I started collecting these mags for Jaguar info about '94. I actually never even owned a lynx until about '96. Would you like me to scan what I do have and post it in the Lynx forum? It's not much, just a few things, and most are post-atari stuff, mainly Songbird games, but I have one 2-page Lynx add that's pretty cool.

Edited by Gunstar

dude you got any lynx scans in your collection? :-)

I have a few, and a few obscure articles, even some in French, but most Lynx stuff was pre-'93 and I started collecting these mags for Jaguar info about '94. I actually never even owned a lynx until about '96. Would you like me to scan what I do have and post it in the Lynx forum? It's not much, just a few things, and most are post-atari stuff, mainly Songbird games, but I have one 2-page Lynx add that's pretty cool.

the lynx forum would appreciate it if you did especially coverage no one has ever seen :-)

• 9 years later...