IGNORED

7800 Control Pad (NES Pad Conversion) for Sale

doubledown

Well there's been some talk of these for a while so I finally got around to making one for myself. It is an NES control pad, converted both in wiring and cosmetically, to work with and match the look of the Atari 7800. The controller features a directional pad, and 2 independent fire buttons wired for functionality with the 7800. The original NES start/select buttons have been removed and the area where they were is shaved, filled, and sanded as if they were never there since they are not needed for the Atari. The gray casing is dyed black, and a laser printed, heat-laminated, overlay is permanatly adhered over the face of the controller. Finally a universal game storage case is modified to hold the controller and a insert is installed into the sleeve to complete the package. Some people here have expressed an interest in these so I am making them available for sale.

The price is $45.00 plus $5.00 for shipping within the U.S. For those in the U.S. the controllers will be shipped boxed via USPS Priority Mail, with Delivery Confirmation. For those outside of the U.S. you can check USPS.com or UPS.com for shipping quotes. The controller packaging is 8" x 6" x 1", weighs about 13 oz. and can be shipped via your shipping preferences including padded envelope or boxed, and standard, priority, or expedited speed. Just add $1.00 to the price you see at USPS or UPS to pay for the envelove or box and packaging.

I realize Christmas is coming up and some people have gifts to buy for others right now, but I would just rather make a batch of these at once versus one here and one there. So if you're interested in one or more (combined shipping available), let me know by responding to this thread so I can get a ballpark idea of how many of these to make. I'll keep this thread open until 12/16/07 and start making them once I get an idea of how many people want them. Even if you don't want to buy untill after Christmas that's fine just let me know. I accept payment via PayPal, check, or money order.

7800nescontrollerdt3.jpg

7800casefrontpz7.jpg

Thus far:

Atarifever - (1) - anytime

sciarpo - (1) - after x-mas

so_tough! - (1) - after x-mas

cosmosiss - (1) - after x-mas

HammR25 - (2) - anytime

ApolloBoy - (?) - ???

Mord - (1) - after x-mas

GarrettCRW - (1) - after x-mas

FireTiger - (1-2) - after x-mas

Bill_Loguidice - (1) - anytime

tjb - (2) - anytime

Elerach - (1) after x-mas

jasonbar - (2) - anytime

Cousin Vinnie - (1) - ???

phaxda - (1) - after x-mas

gambler172 - (1) - ???

moonpatrol - (2) - anytime

legeek - (1) - ???

Edited by doubledown

If you still have any left in about two weeks, I'll take one for sure.

Well my intention here is to see how many people want one, even those who will need to wait untill after x-mas to purchase, make up that many, and probably be done with them. So if you definately want one I'll add you to the list.

I'd like one, although it'll have to be after christmas.

Hopefully you'll bring this offer up again later next year for a new batch to see if anyone wants more. :) I'd probably want to get more, but around this time of year 1 will be the most I can afford for now. :)

Can you post a better picture/close-up of the 9-pin connector?

-John

Unfortunately no. I already sold and shipped the one that is pictured. The 9-pin female connector on the end of the controller cable will be a molded plastic connector just like those found on any original Atari 2600 or 7800, ColecoVision, or Sega Genesis controller.

I assume you are inquiring to see if it was a "metalized" (chrome) D-sub 2-piece back hood made for a PC or something similar. I would never use something like that. It wouldn't match, it's half-assed, and it's all about finishing touches as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention, I don't think a PC back hood would fit into a 7800 controller's port.