IGNORED

7800 Control Pad (NES Pad Conversion) for Sale

doubledown

I'll keep this order thread open untill 12/16/07, and then build the quantity that has been requested. I'll notify everyone once they're done and when ready to purchase, payment can be sent, and I'll ship out the controllers. By the way I accept payment via PayPal, money order, or personal check. The controllers will be shipped once confirmed payment is received/cleared.

I made probably close to 40 or 50 of these 7800 style controllers a year or so ago (without all the fancy cosmetic additions). I made them all out of good quality cleaned nes controllers and brand new sega extensions off of ebay. They are very labor intensive... to say the least... I usually spent about an hour per controller, with the cleaning and rewiring.

This price for these is very fair, and I may have to pick up a coulple if you make them for a while.

This is really cool!

However.....

This might be a dumb question, but wouldn't be easier to use a Sega Master system controller? It is already black (or at least pretty close), already has the right kind of connector, and one could easily put a new sticker over the sega one. The NES and SMS controllers are just about the same form factor. Just a thought.

It is really cool though!

This is really cool!

However.....

This might be a dumb question, but wouldn't be easier to use a Sega Master system controller? It is already black (or at least pretty close), already has the right kind of connector, and one could easily put a new sticker over the sega one. The NES and SMS controllers are just about the same form factor. Just a thought.

It is really cool though!

I considered it, but chose the NES for a couple reasons:

NES controllers are a lot more common and cheaper, not to mention I have more than a few

I don't like the SMS directional square, I prefer the NES cross

I don't like the SMS buttons as they are convex and can be easily pressed lower than the surface of the face

But yes the fact that they're already black and with the proper plug are benefits, just a choice I made.

NES controllers are a lot more common and cheaper, not to mention I have more than a few

I don't like the SMS buttons as they are convex and can be easily pressed lower than the surface of the face

But yes the fact that they're already black and with the proper plug are benefits, just a choice I made.

That makes sense, but if you ever make a 7800 controller from SMS controller, maybe it could look like this:

post-9874-1197608672_thumb.jpg

That makes sense, but if you ever make a 7800 controller from SMS controller, maybe it could look like this:

post-9874-1197608672_thumb.jpg

That actually does look pretty slick. Truth is, if anyone turns pretty much anything into a 7800 controller, I'd probably be interested in buying it. The NES one is most important though, as they may get my wife to play some 7800.

Edited by Atarifever

Well pboland if my eyes don't deceive me, it appears as if you already have an SMS to 7800 conversion pad. :D

Why would I need to make one? :D

Seriously though not a bad "mock-up". Its just too bad I think the SMS control pads suck.

For anybody else still interested in the 7800 control pads (NES pad conversion), but not on the list as of yet, I am closing the request list at midnight 12/16/07. After which time I will not take any more requests, build those which have been requested, and notify those on the list when they are complete.

Well pboland if my eyes don't deceive me, it appears as if you already have an SMS to 7800 conversion pad. :D

Why would I need to make one? :D

Seriously though not a bad "mock-up". Its just too bad I think the SMS control pads suck.

For anybody else still interested in the 7800 control pads (NES pad conversion), but not on the list as of yet, I am closing the request list at midnight 12/16/07. After which time I will not take any more requests, build those which have been requested, and notify those on the list when they are complete.

Are you trying to keep this small, or can I go advertise this thread on other forums?

I would like one, but like some others, am waiting for Christmas funds.

Thanks!

Edit: I also have a few extra NES controllers if you find that you need some or decide to offer some sort of exchange program.

i'll take one and I'll review it on my site ya. PM me

Cousin Vinnie

Are you asking to be added to the list for purchase, or that you're requesting a complimentary sample for review?

Edited by phaxda

Ok, the pre-order time is over. Here is a list of those interested.

Atarifever - (1) - anytime

sciarpo - (1) - after x-mas

so_tough! - (1) - after x-mas

cosmosiss - (1) - after x-mas

HammR25 - (2) - anytime

ApolloBoy - (?) - after x-max

Mord - (1) - after x-mas

GarrettCRW - (1) - after x-mas

FireTiger - (1-2) - after x-mas

Bill_Loguidice - (1) - anytime

tjb - (2) - anytime

Elerach - (1) after x-mas

jasonbar - (2) - anytime

Cousin Vinnie - (1) - ???

phaxda - (1) - after x-mas

gambler172 - (1) - anytime

moonpatrol - (2) - anytime

legeek - (1) - anytime

If your name has ?'s for the quantity or timeframe, please let me know what to fill the blanks in with. I'll need to get a few more NES pads, fortunately I have a good source for them here in town. I'll let everybody on the list know when they're ready via PM. It'll probably be about a week before I have some done. PM me with any questions.

Edited by doubledown