IGNORED

Berzerk rocks!

AtariRocks

Heh, I've never played the 5200 one, but love the 2600 and arcade ones. It keeps you on your toes. I especially like how you have to be quick when a new level starts and make sure you're not on a checkmate possition between two or more robots.

Fine example of good and simple gameplay. There's a hack with voice for the 2600, but the screen goes blank while playing the sample.

I'd never played the 5200 version until last night. The thing that really makes it for me is the voice. I hadn't realized any of the 5200 games actually had any speech in them.

They don't. You're hearing voices. See a doctor. :D

I think the voice in Berzerk is one of the reasons why I wanted to get an Atari 5200 before I tried the controllers and lost interest.

Frenzy the sequel is on colecovision and is much better! Although I like the Atari 5200 better!

frenzy huh? never heard of it, but it sounds good. have to check it out

It's a GREAT game, better than Berzerk, IMHO. I like 5200 Berzerk a lot but CV Frenzy is just better. Smarter robots, rebounding walls, walls you can shoot through, etc. The only thing lacking on CV Frenzy is the voice but everything else is really well done.

For those of you who like Berzerk/Frenzy, keep your eyes to the sky, there may be something coming along for your CV in 2008, I think you're going to like. :ponder:

I'd never played the 5200 version until last night. The thing that really makes it for me is the voice. I hadn't realized any of the 5200 games actually had any speech in them.

5200 Realsports Baseball had voice, and was probably the best baseball game until RBI came out on the NES.

Love Berzerk on the 5200. On a good day I can make it to 10,000 on my first life, but typically lose all my lives shortly afterwards. The difficulty just ramps up so much at 10,000.

Can't stand the 2600 version, it's just too easy and repetitive. The 5200 keeps you on your toes throughout. Just be sure to play it with a digital stick :D

Love Berzerk on the 5200. On a good day I can make it to 10,000 on my first life, but typically lose all my lives shortly afterwards. The difficulty just ramps up so much at 10,000.

Can't stand the 2600 version, it's just too easy and repetitive. The 5200 keeps you on your toes throughout. Just be sure to play it with a digital stick :D

Yeah. I can't fire on a diagonal worth crap with the stock stick, and it's not an ability I'm willing to sacrifice.

My wife got me CIB 5200 Berzerk for Xmas - I played a couple games this morning, and I'm really impressed with it! I had played it on emu briefly for the HSC, but as always, it's more fun on a real cart. Great game, but really tough!

Your wife is awesome. Mine wouldn't get me an Atari game.

Have fun!