IGNORED

Anybody want to trade a SNES for a SNES mini?

theking21083

I was wondering if anybody would like to trade the first model SNES for my SNES mini. The SNES can't have that ugly dicoloration and of course must be in perfect working order. I like the look of the origional better even if it is bigger. If anybody wants to then PM me so we can work something out.

I was wondering if anybody would like to trade the first model SNES for my SNES mini. The SNES can't have that ugly dicoloration and of course must be in perfect working order. I like the look of the origional better even if it is bigger. If anybody wants to then PM me so we can work something out.

Good Question to ask,

Why did the original model Super NES had that "Sewer Water Type" dicoloration as the years went by? Compared to the NES (as it aged) it looked terrible!

Inferior Shells?? Improper gray codings??

Anthony.....

Why did the original model Super NES had that "Sewer Water Type" dicoloration as the years went by? Compared to the NES (as it aged) it looked terrible!

Inferior Shells?? Improper gray codings??

Wtf are codings?

It's been discussed at length in other places, but the basic gist is that it's flame-retardant chemicals that are added to the plastic to reduce the chance of fire. The discoloration is those chemicals breaking down. It's got little to do with either UV or oxidation, though they probably speed the process. It's mixed in with the plastic itself, and broken plastic shows that the discoloration happens inside as well. The decay isn't reversible. What's strange is that sometimes it's just one part of it, suggesting that they had different batches/manufacturing lines for the different pieces. I'd guess that the heat from the motherboard helps to accelerate the bottom, but that's inconsistent as some are completely yellowed. You also see it on carts as well, though as a darker grey it shows up a lot less than the SNES's periwinkle.

If it bothers you that much, I'd suggest giving it a coat of Krylon Fusion. Maybe try black for a custom look? Anyway, for anal collector types (hey I'm one too) there's no real solution. You might as well be bitching about Actiplaque.