IGNORED

Video Games with Cadillacs!

Charlie Cat

I miss the days when you can actually do all engine work yourself,on your own car,and you actually had tons of room in the engine bay to remove and install parts without spraining your mucles,or having to be a friggin contortionist,or to almost having to remove the engine just to change spark plugs,like in todays cars!

Edited by Rik

• 2 weeks later...
Hi:

All right a Buick Man.... Remember the Buick GSX Stage I & the very rare dealer Stage II? I love that car. Yeah, its rough with the Car Corps, are doing to as. I heard that there also removing the Power Steering Pump on some Chrysler Product Cars. That's progress for ya with that & the dipstick. A Car should be a CAR! Not a Computer!

Anthony.....

GSX... One of the finest musclecars ever made. I've only been close to one once in person. The rest I've only seen in pictures. I'm a fan of just about any Buick made up until about 1977 (last of the big Centuries). I respect what the Grand Nationals were capable of in the '80s, but I've never been much on turbochargers.

• 4 months later...

My 86 pontiac Fiero gt sprung an exhaust leak.Three of the six exhaust manifold bolts broke half way in the threads in theback head,(engine is mounted sideways in the v6 fieros).Now the head must be removed,and the broken bolts drilled out,which will cost alot of $$.I am going to get it inspected underneath tomorrow,for rust,and the overall conditon of frame.If the frame is rusted out bad,I'll probably have to get rid of it,not worth fixing exhaust leaks if that ends up being the case! :(

My 86 pontiac Fiero gt sprung an exhaust leak.Three of the six exhaust manifold bolts broke half way in the threads in theback head,(engine is mounted sideways in the v6 fieros).Now the head must be removed,and the broken bolts drilled out,which will cost alot of $$.I am going to get it inspected underneath tomorrow,for rust,and the overall conditon of frame.If the frame is rusted out bad,I'll probably have to get rid of it,not worth fixing exhaust leaks if that ends up being the case! :(

Hi Rik:

Rik don't give up. Its a Pontiac Fiero. Those babies never let ya down. GM usually does a fine job on protecting their vehicles from rust (notably the frames). The only manufacture that does a better job is Ford. If the job is expensive, give a run down of the situation according to the mechanic. There's mechanics out there that can do it for cheap.

Anthony....

I'm also on board for wanting a video game with "real cars". Sure, the exotic sports car is nice and everything, but I'd rather race around with Monte Carlo's and Ford Probes. Maybe they could make a "Common Man's" racer. Given where video game technology is, you'd think soon enough there will be nearly every make and model known to man on these games. One can only hope one day I'll be able to flip a Cutlass Supreme onto a Ford Tempo on a video game.

Hi Rik:

Rik don't give up. Its a Pontiac Fiero. Those babies never let ya down. GM usually does a fine job on protecting their vehicles from rust (notably the frames). The only manufacture that does a better job is Ford. If the job is expensive, give a run down of the situation according to the mechanic. There's mechanics out there that can do it for cheap.

Anthony....

Phew!!!!!!I wont have to scrap my Fiero after all!The mechanic lifted it up yesterday,and its in immaculate condition underneath,frame is rock solid so is muffler,tail pipes,as they are of made of stainless steel from factory!,22 years ago!Talking about rust,the worst i have seen is my 78 Dodge Dart.That thing rusted out right through all the way around from the bottom of car, 1 foot up,All the way around,and my fathers 77 Chrysler Cordoba,same thing exactly!And my 98 Plymouth Breeze,which was bought brand new,started rusting out 3 years ago!,on the edges of the hood along the front,you can put your fingers right through!

Edited by Rik

Hmmm, three Chrysler Corp. products, three rustbuckets -- looks like a pattern to me. Maybe if you stopped buying Chryslers... :ponder:

Seriously though, do you live where it snows in winter? I think there's a chance your problem might be more due to insufficient road salt removal than any flaw of the vehicles.

Hmmm, three Chrysler Corp. products, three rustbuckets -- looks like a pattern to me. Maybe if you stopped buying Chryslers... :ponder:

Seriously though, do you live where it snows in winter? I think there's a chance your problem might be more due to insufficient road salt removal than any flaw of the vehicles.

Hi,A.J ,First of all the 98, breeze wasnt my choice ,it was my fathers.He figured rust protection would have improved in 20 years,the 78 corboba was his last.He then bought GM till 98,then bought Chrysler again,dont ask me why,hes dead now.The dodge was my sisters car,later given to me.And yes, i live right in the snow belt,surrounded by the great lakes,which makes for the brutalist of winters,which requires LOTS of road salt.From my experience,GM has the best rust protection.Don't know about Ford,never owned one.All my cars have been driven in the same area for the same amounts of time,and Only the GM's had almost zip rust at all,like on body panels of my previous Chryslers,which all had holes as big as 6-9 inch sqaure in some places

Edited by Rik