IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 16: Toyshop Trouble

Ze_ro

This week has been cancelled, and will not count towards scores for Season 5. I apologize for the confusion.

Ah, the Bahamas!

Toyshop elves Patrick, Quincy, and Robert are laying on the beach, relaxing in the sun. Nothing could be finer than listening to the surf while enjoying a cold drink, a great reward for having gotten all of Santa's toys painted in record time. Unfortunately for you, Patrick's idea of "painting" toys was dumping them all in a bucket of gray paint. It's now your job to clean up the mess, which means properly painting the toys in time for Santa's departure on Christmas Eve.

Note: If you don't own this game, please consider buying it from the AtariAge Store! Your money will go towards supporting further homebrew development!

s_2006HolidayCart_SP_5.png

Game Information
  • Game Name: Toyshop Trouble
  • Released By: AtariAge, Christmas 2006
  • Left Difficulty: N/A
  • Right Difficulty: N/A
  • Game Mode: Game 1
  • Chosen By: toymailman

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores is Wednesday, Jan 1st at 1:00 AM (CST).

Current High Scores
  1. 52,115 (SpiceWare)
  2. 51,986 (toymailman)
  3. 48,124 (Dauber)
  4. 13,762 (phaxda)
  5. 10,397 (Captain Beard)

Best Tips
  • None yet

Challenges
  • None

TwinGalaxies Top 3
  1. TwinGalaxies has no scores for this game
Game 1, Difficulty B)
Current Standings

1. Deteacher [157]
  2. toymailman [135]
  3. keilbaca [98]
  4. PressureCooker2600 [79]
  5. theking21083 [72]
  6. rheffera [57]
  7. Kurt_Woloch [50]
  8. Impaler_26 [48]
  9. homerwannabee [45]
  10. Recycled [44]
  11. Captain Beard [44]
  12. SpiceWare [39]
  13. DarthCalvin [36]
  14. Blackjack [35]
  15. Christophero Sly [35]
  16. Nathan Strum [29]
  17. shadow460 [25]
  18. Rom Hunter [23]
  19. phaxda [22]
  20. midnight magicman [19]
  21. LarcenTyler [18]
  22. Butterwasp [18]
  23. theKLT [11]
  24. godzillajoe [11]
  25. Artlover [9]
  26. Dauber [9]
  27. lucifershalo [9]
  28. ed1475 [8]
  29. keitaro [7]
  30. Omegamatrix [6]
  31. Nognir [5]
  32. Goochman [4]
  33. atari2600land [4]
  34. SeaGtGruff [3]
  35. Crazy Climber [2]
  36. gospeedde [2]
  37. chuchwalla [2]
  38. Phantom [2]
  39. Snider-man [2]
  40. doctorclu [1]
  41. RJ [1]
  42. KaeruYojimbo [1]

Scoring Points in Toyshop Trouble
  • Points rewarded for painting a toy successfully range from 10 to 100 points.
  • Points are awarded when the painted toys leave the conveyor belt.
  • A time bonus is awarded on the completion of a level, with multipliers added on consecutive levels.
  • Any painted toys on the conveyor belts at level end score double.

Hints and Tips
  • You won't be penalized for painting a toy the wrong color (as long as you correct it before the time runs out) so it can sometimes be an idea to cut a swathe of paint across the screen if it means getting a whole block of toys painted a little faster.
The Manual
As always, you really should read the manual. Unfortunately, AtariAge does not seem to have a copy of the manual available online. If anyone has a link to an online version, please let me know. I happen to own a copy of the manual though, so here is the hint it provides:

--Zero

Man, I love this game. After a few games, I was back to wiping out in my usual spot...hate those race cars. 13,162. I know we will see some crazy scores on this one...I recall some people really racking them up last year. Right after I took this picture I got 13,762 on my next game. I think I will be lucky to hit 14,000 at some point.

post-6271-1198692346_thumb.jpg

Edited by phaxda

Hmmm... seems like I have to sit out this week too. Not that I couldn't afford the cart, but since I'm in Austria, if I buy it now, the contest would probably over when I get it, because there are only two normal workdays (tomorrow and Friday) between now and January 1st, so I won't bother. And unlike with "Kaboober" where I couldn't find the ROM here in Atariage, but found it elsewhere on the net, I can't find a ROM for this one.

Sorry... and a happy New Year to all contestants! See you next year at another round of the HSC!

Kurt

If the .bin isn't going to be made available, I think it kind of sucks that a game would be allowed that not everyone had an opportunity to play. I'm off all this week and I have to sit out. Yes, I could buy the game but the week would be over before I even got it. I guess my overall lead is going to be cut by quite a bit, especially if Toy does well this week. I'll just have to work harder over the next few weeks.

I hope this doesn't happen in future weeks. :(

If the .bin isn't going to be made available, I think it kind of sucks that a game would be allowed that not everyone had an opportunity to play. I'm off all this week and I have to sit out. Yes, I could buy the game but the week would be over before I even got it. I guess my overall lead is going to be cut by quite a bit, especially if Toy does well this week. I'll just have to work harder over the next few weeks.

I hope this doesn't happen in future weeks. :(

Crap!! I didn't know the .bin wasn't available to the public yet. I wouldn't mind postponing this one until its more widely available. My 2 cents.

And Holy Christmas!! 27k SpiceWare, that is a great score.

I'd have a proposal then...

how about extending the deadline for scores of this game? We could amend the rules for this round so that scores are being accepted until one week after the binary has been released... but it wouldn't stop the next round from starting in time. It would only get a bit tricky in that the standings would have to get updated for all subsequent rounds once this round closes...

We'll see what Ze_ro wants to do, but I do remember something about trying to avoid games that are like an R10 and/or the .bin isn't available.

It's a little disappointing that the rom isn't available... plus, if I'm not mistaken, Al isn't sending out any of the Christmas orders until after January 1st, so I guess the only people who have this game are those who bought it last year... but we might as well just finish the week as-is, since a decent amount of people DO have it. We'll play it again sometime after the rom is released so everyone can join in. If people are worried about points, then maybe we can just make this a half-point week or something so it doesn't upset things too much.

In the mean time, I highly suggest you buy a copy while you can, the game is excellent!

--Zero

I have it and will finally have time to play this evening even tho im not too good ill post a score later anyway

Here's 1st score only played a few games

post-8029-1198966786_thumb.jpg

Edited by HatNJ

If I might offer a possible solution, how does this sound:

Finish the week as usual and continue the HSC as usual. When the .bin for TT is released allow those who could not play one week to post a score. Those who have already posted scores would not be allowed to post scores during this "second week." I know that would change the scoring some, but I'm just offering a possible solution.