IGNORED

AVC Live

tonight at 8pm CT: AVC Online Presents our First podcast show on ustream.tv(audio simulcast on skypecast)

Special Preview show featuring the follwing:

discussion on AVC's past and future

First showing of our VGS 2nd video before it gets uploaded to Youtube

discussion on the start of laserman (from the TI to 2600)

live game action of Laserman2k3 and Laserman (played on actual 2600)

Upcoming events lists

closing off with a question and answer session about the club or anything else.

the ustream.tv web page is http://ustream.tv/channel/avc-live-podcast

(or around 5min to show time visit our website to see our new podcast/club news page)

good news bad news:Good news getting my set up ready for the show tonight, retested laserman on 2600 and that works good

Bad news: retested Laserman 2k3 on the 2600 it loads but crashes on second screen.

in short: laserman 2k3 on pcaewin2.7(which would be the first game shown) Laserman on 2600.

(skypecast might be down as well,but you can still contact me via skype)

basicly it's good that laserman 2k3 crashes but still runs on emu, it cuts down on loading time,because I would have to

disconnect the speaker connect the SC reconnect the speaker.

for those who forgot about the show, it's going be played all through this month until Feb 3rd when our next show is.

(it had a slow start with me just doing nothing,then I showed the VGS video then talked about laserman and showed the two games)

Our first offical show I'm going to be showing Tempest 2000 on the Jaguar and give a review plus it will be abit more informal then the preview.

if you have any ideas for the show let me know

• 4 weeks later...

justa quick bump, to remind everyone that our first offical show is on superbowl sunday at 8pm CT(sorry about that I comepletly forgot that the superbowl is on feb 3rd)

what toexpect: News on AVC Online, special tourney news for VGS

Game of the month will be tempest 2000(I will givea breif report on it and I will play a couple games of it live)

and we will close the show as always with a little Q&A session.

See ya all on sunday for AVC Live show #1.

(also I changed the AVC_live page at AVC online,video is smaller and the chat room is under the video)

we had some techincal difficulties with last nights show(mainly with me not changing the input format back and forth)

but I did redo the tempest 2000 game play part(I'm going redo gameplay of tempest traditional and plus as well)

Also I added a new title graphic to the page(both AVC online and ustream.tv) I should be having the show styndicated to youtube soon as well

Tempest traditional has been added to AVC live show last night ,plus will be done some time today.

working on getting the all three parts uploaded to Youtube( working on traditional first,then tempest 2000 and when I get plus done that will be added as well.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 4 weeks later...

just wanted to update you guys on AVC Live vidcast:

we had our second show last night(not much on it since I just mentioned a few things about what's happening with club)

and I did play alien vs predator live on it as the game of month(yes Iwas bad since it's been a long time since I played it)

Our april 6th show is a show you don't want to miss: It's our first of many special guest shows. Now I can tell you that we have two

guests who will be calling in: via our voice mail # we have Todd Rogers and via Skype we have Walter Day the guest segemts is

scheduled to begin around 8:30pm CT on April 6th (plese note our Game of the month segment will aired/recorded one week later

as the guest Segment will be taking it's place, the Game of the month for April Gorf Classic on the Jaguar CD)

since Todd will be using the voice # to call in I won't be able to take calls from thier, so for this special show only

you can use Yahoo IM/Voice to contact us (as well as skype,I think I will be able to take voice messages there)

(also Please note the April 6th show will air one hour earlier which is 7pm CT instead of our usual time at 8pm CT)

You can watch last nights show at http://ustream.tv/channel/avc-live-podcast or at AVC Online's Podcast page

until April 6th.

• 1 month later...

Just bumping this topic up:

Our next show (this sunday) is a show you don't want to miss: It's our first of many special guest shows. We have two

guests who will be calling in: via our voice mail # we have Todd Rogers and via Skype we have Walter Day the guest segemts is

scheduled to begin around 8:30pm CT (plese note our Game of the month segment will aired/recorded one week later

as the guest Segment will be taking it's place, the Game of the month for April Gorf Classic on the Jaguar CD)

since Todd will be using the voice # to call in I won't be able to take calls from there, so for this special show only

you can use Yahoo IM/Voice to contact us (as well as skype,I think I will be able to take voice messages there)

(also Please note this show will air one hour earlier which is 7pm CT instead of our usual time at 8pm CT right before the guest segemnt I will

show a slide show of pictures I took at MGC last weekend)

You can watch the show at http://ustream.tv/channel/avc-live-podcast or at AVC Online's Podcast page.

if you can't make it the show but have questions for the guests please e-mail them to me at: AtariVideoclub@yahoo.com Subject: questions for the guest show

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just letting you know that I'm doing a vidcast tonight

back to the normal start time 8pm CT.

Game of the month is Wizard of Wor on the 2600

and the special surprise for the show is the debut of

Game Cafe- our new interactive quiz show video game based where can answer questions for points

and win prizes in the bonus round.

just letting you know that I'm doing a vidcast tonight

back to the normal start time 8pm CT.

Game of the month is Wizard of Wor on the 2600

and the special surprise for the show is the debut of

Game Cafe- our new interactive quiz show video game based where can answer questions for points

and win prizes in the bonus round.

well it appeared that the two people who were watching the vidcast last night

had some trouble with the game show portion.

though it worked my side.

if you want to see what it's like go to playcafe.com tonight at 8pm

(you have to sign in if you want points and win prizes (like a wii or a $1000))

I play this every night mon - fri it loads of fun plus you can form teams as well

(if your chat room is working at playcafe you talk to others players,it's been having troubles for me and

a few others)

As Game Cafe(my show) last night was just a dry run,sort of testing the waters. Next month

Game cafe will be back in full force, with lot more questions to test your gaming knowledge plus you might

win something.

• 4 weeks later...

just letting you know every sunday in June AVC Online will be doing it's Game Cafe quiz show at playcafe.com

you can win prizes from a Nintendo Wii to a cash prize (and special prize from AVC news stand)

our regular show with Game cafe feature will return on it's regular time on july 6th and speical Game cafe show on july 10th.

• 1 month later...

Quick update:

this sunday (july 6th)

AVC_live Video Cast returns on Ustream.tv (

) this will be our pre-VGS show,

I will be giving updates on VGS and for those who haven't had a chance to play our game show during the month of June

it is now part of the vid cast now,there will be no Game of the month for July.

the Vidcast starts at 9pm ET(8pm CT).

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 1 month later...

it's been a while since I posted here:

so just letting you know that Sept 7th,2008 will be our next broadcast starting an

hour earlier(7pm instead or usual 8pm start) we won't doing our game cafe game show

thats been put on hiatus til jan '09

but we will have 2 games of the month being shown(Doom and Primal Rage)

these games will be prerecored for you tube and replayed on the show.

• 4 weeks later...

a quick heads up on what to expect on the october edition of AVC Live:

some minor news concerning VGS 09, Announcement about our upcoming Cover design contest(these are for the Jagfest issues at cafepress.com as well as the for the program for VGS in 2009) game of the month will be on hold again,so in it's place will be video from 2008 VGS,I finally got the dvd from Todd F,who was kind enough to help me out with certain aspects of the show(printing out the programs, and watch the entrance table as well doing the video)

I'll post again to let you know the show is on.

a quick heads up on what to expect on the october edition of AVC Live:

some minor news concerning VGS 09, Announcement about our upcoming Cover design contest(these are for the Jagfest issues at cafepress.com as well as the for the program for VGS in 2009) game of the month will be on hold again,so in it's place will be video from 2008 VGS,I finally got the dvd from Todd F,who was kind enough to help me out with certain aspects of the show(printing out the programs, and watch the entrance table as well doing the video)

I'll post again to let you know the show is on.

A quick update: due the fact the Playoffs are taking up most of October, I decided to postpone the next broadcast til Nov.

what I will do is this for nov, instead of just doing 1 show I will broad cast two shows one on first sunday of november

the other will be before thanksgiving.

(btw: you might want to check out AVC Online durring this month for some news on our new contest(it will be mentioned in the AVC Online Thread here too)

• 1 month later...

just bumping this topic to let you know our next AVC_live show is this sunday at 8pmCT.

I plan to have a surprise in place of the game of the month(I'm not saying what it is,but it has been mentioned on AA(and JS-2) and it's a video.)

(our regular game of the month will return in Dec, we do plan to do 2 shows as well durring that month as well(our regular show (1st sunday of the month)

and second one most likely sunday before New years eve))

we will also have some club news as when to expect the AVC Online website to change,plus cover design contests.

• 1 month later...

I see haven't updated this in while.

well just to let you tonight marks our 11th show and it's our recap show

(we had planned to do show 2 weeks ago,due to me getting a bad cough(still have it),

I had to cancel)

anyways, the recap show will go through all our game reviews we did in 2008(including our first 2,laserman 2k3 and laserman)

our special guests from twin galaxies. plus some news from the past and news on the future.

this will also mark the last time for the use of our Voivemail number since AOL is dropping thier voice mail.

I'm working on signing with grand central next year to fix that.

• 2 weeks later...

quick bump: this sunday will be the first AVC_live Video Cast for 2009 8pmCT(

)

what you expect to see:

1.winner of the jagfest issue #3 cover contest announced

2. news on the website and club

3.VGS news

4. the Return of Laserman(no major changes just different end screen)

• 1 month later...

a quick reminder:

due to the superbowl being on this sunday AVC_Live will be on Feb 8th at 8pm CT

We will announce our plans for MGC and VGS as well announce the winner of issue #4

of the Jagfest cover design contest and show the cover as well.

Or game of the month will a Jaguar game(to be announced at the show)

• 2 weeks later...
a quick reminder:

due to the superbowl being on this sunday AVC_Live will be on Feb 8th at 8pm CT

We will announce our plans for MGC and VGS as well announce the winner of issue #4

of the Jagfest cover design contest and show the cover as well.

Or game of the month will a Jaguar game(to be announced at the show)

our game of the month will be Raiden(this will be done by me,I will start getting videos from vi after I get back from MGC,any other games will be done by me)

first of all, for those who missed the show last week, it's still playing till march 1st(when we have our third show).

and second as we come to the middle of the year it's almost time for another for me to do an interview.

and this brings up a question who would like to have on the show?

last year we had Twin galaxies on,this year I would to interview people who gave to Jaguar community:

obviously Jason smith(jag sector 2) come to mind first,then maybe vi-master and maybe Carl Forhan of Songbird productions.

if you have any other people you would like to have as a guest on future shows let me know.

(Guest segments might be live or recorded depends how they want to set it up)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 1 month later...

a quick heads up: AVC_live will be broadcasting live at MGC direct from the Jagfest section(this will be on both days)

so be sure to watch to see some great Jaguar items from songbird and goat store. (plus AVC Online will be showing off the Jagfest issues

and we will also discuss Jagfest issue #7 as well(and maybe the return of the Tour shirt that debuted at 2007)

On another topic for the show: after the special show I would like to line up a few guest interviews for the shows after words(april and maybe may)

see my post above.for people I would like to be on the show as well as details.