IGNORED

ST(fm) Hard drive interface

Having done a little research into the topic to refresh my memory, and finding many many broken links and that there really isnt much current information on the net. So... how can I connect a hard drive to my ST(fm)? Ideally spending as little cash as possible, and if its possible, using a laptop ide drive so it can fit inside the case.

There are a few out there on the net. One is available from a company in New Zealand. (I was looking at getting one of these earlier in the year. Unfortunately, their .au distributor seems to have vanished)

If no one else posts, I'll dig up some links.

I think I might have managed to find a cheap scsii interface board, I'll know in a day or two. Assuming I have, what drives are compatible, is it any scsii 1 drive? what is the maximum capacity, etc? How does one go about getting it set up? I believe there are drivers needed, and Im guessing it would need to be formated by the st itself? Where can I get software etc?

Yes, lots of questions, sorry :)

• 4 months later...
Try icd.com I think they might have some stuff for ya.

Max

520STe

I would highly recommend steering clear of ICD.com as they still have not delivered Jaguar64 Catbox's to dozen's of individuals who had to pre-pay for them before ICD would make another run (myself included) and they never refunded anyone else's money either. While the website may still be up, I doubt they are actually delivering any products if you order from them. The US postal service has multiple complaints filed with them against ICD for mailfraud and apparently in a website thread many years ago someone actually went to ICD's address to find the place desserted as the owner apparently got involved in an ISP startup which went belly up and with it everyone's money that was sent to ICD.

Go to B&C Computervisions and Best Electronics, they still have small stocks of ICD products for sale and they also have other Atari HD's like the SH204's and the Megafiles which plug directly into the ASCI DMA ports on the backs of the ST's.

Curt

Try icd.com I think they might have some stuff for ya.

Max

520STe

I would highly recommend steering clear of ICD.com as they still have not delivered Jaguar64 Catbox's to dozen's of individuals who had to pre-pay for them before ICD would make another run (myself included) and they never refunded anyone else's money either. While the website may still be up, I doubt they are actually delivering any products if you order from them. The US postal service has multiple complaints filed with them against ICD for mailfraud and apparently in a website thread many years ago someone actually went to ICD's address to find the place desserted as the owner apparently got involved in an ISP startup which went belly up and with it everyone's money that was sent to ICD.

Go to B&C Computervisions and Best Electronics, they still have small stocks of ICD products for sale and they also have other Atari HD's like the SH204's and the Megafiles which plug directly into the ASCI DMA ports on the backs of the ST's.

Curt

Hmm.. I just called the number on the site, but the guy told me they don't do Atari stuff anymore.

Intresting.