IGNORED

Video Game Collector #9 is (finally) ready!

Greetings, the message below has been posted elsewhere but I am trying to get word out since we are offereing a free issue and the offer is only good for a couple of days:

Greetings Everyone! Video Game Collector #9 is at the printer and should be shipping in about 10 days. Because of the delay we are sending this issue to all current and past subscribers for free. We are also offering copies to Atari Age forum members for free, just PM your address to me by Monday January 14 before Midnight CST if you'd like a free copy (US residents only).

Below is a list of contents for VGC #9:

Sega Nights cover story by Michael Thomasson

Proto Patrol by Michael Thomasson

Saturn Final Five feature

Rare Systems feature (our biggest article yet--7 pages with checklists for obscure systems we don't usually cover in the price guide)

Retro Retail Report (featuring two classic arcades--Ground Kontrol and 1984 Arcade)

Made in Japan by Greg Wilcox

Collecting Video Game Soundtracks by Kristina Potts

Collector's Spotlight featuring Matthew Henzel

Creator's Spotlight featuring Garry Kitchen

It Came from Saturn (Anime Feature) by Kristina Potts

Saturn Photo Checklist

Video Game Reviews (6 pages of 'em)

The Simpsons History in Video Games

VGC Book Report: Classic Home Video Games by Brett Weiss

The Last Quarter by Walter Day: An excerpt from Walter's well-supported response to the film The King of Kong

Plus

Updated checklist and price guide with over 500 new titles added

If any of that sounds like something you'd enjoy, or if you have never heard of Video Game Collector before and are just curious, just PM by Midnight Central Time on Monday and we'll send you a free copy.

Let me say that I am sorry for the delays and would like to thank our wonderful readers who have stuck with us and our great writers who always have their work in on time and are in no way to blame for the delays.

The next issues will be some of our best work yet. Remember to PM me to request your free copy of VGC #9. Issue 10 will be a giant-sized special with loads of new features and fun extras. I hope you will all check it out!

Shawn Paul Jones, Publisher

Video Game Collector magazine

www.vgcollector.com

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered issue #8 in December from their website. How long do these usually take to come in?

From what I've been hearing...about a year.

I got mine last week...but I noticed above the UPC in the corner that it identifies it as "Issue #8 - Spring 2007" while it is indeed the #9 issue as indicated right under the cover title.

Oops. :!:

I ordered issue #8 in December from their website. How long do these usually take to come in?

I even subscribed at end of Dec for 1 year starting with issue # 8

Payment has cleared but not even so much as a reply to my multiple email attempts

A simple acknowledgment that that my msg and payment was received would have been nice as a simple courtesy

I even subscribed at end of Dec for 1 year starting with issue # 8

Payment has cleared but not even so much as a reply to my multiple email attempts

A simple acknowledgment that that my msg and payment was received would have been nice as a simple courtesy

I was going to email them but I guess I won't. I almost subscribed and bought all the old issues. I'm glad I didn't. I'm only out like $5.95. Too bad because that magazine looks cool. Oh well.

How many have PMed him about the free issue offer?

I see the last time he was on was :

So I emailed about his offer here on AtariAge and about receiving my subscription order and payment and no response

either email or PM here.

I thought this publication was one of the more reputable but.....

I emailed about the free issue. I'm going to feel like an idiot if it was someone else using vgcmagazine's account and fishing for addresses. :ponder:

No, the offer was legitimate, he mentioned it to me privately before posting about it here.

..Al

*phew* Right on. Thanks, Al!

I emailed about the free issue. I'm going to feel like an idiot if it was someone else using vgcmagazine's account and fishing for addresses. :ponder:

No, the offer was legitimate, he mentioned it to me privately before posting about it here.

..Al

*phew* Right on. Thanks, Al!

Cool If Al says its good Im ok with it

I did get an envelope in mail today with Issues 8 and 9 Don't know if one is applied as the free offer or apart of my new subscription

no letter or anything else in it but I feel better