IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 19: Circus Atari

Ze_ro

Very shitty score.....but playing without paddles on an emulator sucks hard. And my Circus Atari game is stuck somewhere at the bottom of a pile of games so I'm too lazy to go and find it. :D

Lately, why I've been such a no-show at the HSC is because of two games: 'Marvel Trading Card Game' for the DS and 'Fire Pro Wrestling Returns' for the PS2. Those games are like crack.....I swear. I was off yesterday and I played MTCG for, at the very least, 10 hours. :-o

I have a way to go, but could probably improve a little bit. Maybe this week I'll remember to post my score in time!

4,798 so far...

So close to Capt. Beard...

n555158245_391755_9786.jpg

Congrats, Toy! I too just rolled the score! I've posted 2 screens to prove I actually rolled it. Pic #1 is just before I rolled the score (on clown #4.) Pic #2 is just after rolling it. :D

Awesome, way to go 'teach!

Still one more day to go for others to roll this one. Then its on to a new game. :D

I found out two things this week....

1. Playing circus atari in emulation with the mouse sucks ass.

2. I hate clowns!

Next game please.

1. Scoring 3,561 with a mouse is damn impressive!

2. Sometimes, I let the clowns drop on purpose just for the satisfaction of seeing them splat!

I did it! However, I did not get a shot before I flipped it, as I was on the 5th man...

But I don't think this score is possible mathematically without flipping on the screen shown. I went from around 8k to this on the very last guy.

post-6271-1201048971_thumb.jpg

Not to sound arguementative, but why are you guys playing any of the "common" games on emulation? If emulation is your thing, that's fine. I'm just one of those diehards who prefers playing on original hardware.

Valid question ;)

Of the 80-some 2600 games I own, Circus Atari doesn't seem to be one of them. Also, most of my free time is during my lunch and breaks at work, so I play on my iBook.

I certainly "prefer" to play on actual hardware... I have my 2600JR set up on my desk at home, connected to the composite input on my 20" Dell 2000fp LCD via an RF to Composite adapter (ie. VCR). I did receive a Stelladaptor for Christmas (which is a godsend for paddle games), so when I'm emulating I at least have the feel of the controller.

Not to sound arguementative, but why are you guys playing any of the "common" games on emulation? If emulation is your thing, that's fine. I'm just one of those diehards who prefers playing on original hardware.

I prefer playing on real hardware too and i have circus atari on cart, but it's the pal-version.

And as most people play the ntsc-versions for the hsc i play every game in emulation.