IGNORED

Would it kill Nintendo to give a proper case with the Zapper?

RickHarrisMaine

I hear that you can write them and they'll send you one but I'm still unclear if it comes with the artwork. Haven't taken the time to explore. For now I just use spare CD cases.

The email response I got in Dec 2006 said Nintendo will SELL you a case with artwork for $2+shipping. I wrote them a nasty snail mail letter about that but never got a response. I ended up just downloading a cover and using a white movie case for my Wii Sports disc.

Here's a good place to get covers for a variety of systems. I especially like their DVD size Dreamcast covers.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

Yeah, it's pretty cheesy. I wound up taking an old case for one of my other games and slipping in a printed cover as a replacement for the paper sleeve that once held my copy of Wii Sports. As for the Wii "Zapper," it's a shame that you're stuck with it when you buy the Zelda crossbow game. The Nyko Perfect Shot looks a lot cooler... if you can find one, I'd recommend that you purchase it and give Nintendo's plastic hunk 'o junk the old heave-ho.

Yeah, it's pretty cheesy. I wound up taking an old case for one of my other games and slipping in a printed cover as a replacement for the paper sleeve that once held my copy of Wii Sports. As for the Wii "Zapper," it's a shame that you're stuck with it when you buy the Zelda crossbow game.

Strangely enough, I've seen a few Zelda Crossbow discs show up on eBay without the zapper. I guess some people just really wanted the shell.

The Nyko Perfect Shot looks a lot cooler... if you can find one, I'd recommend that you purchase it and give Nintendo's plastic hunk 'o junk the old heave-ho.

I've been wondering about this one. I've got a similar shell by Pega but it has a response delay when you pull the trigger, making it pretty useless. I've heard better things about the Nyko gun though.

• 3 weeks later...
Or with the Wii for goodness sakes? They're making money hand over fist. Why should I have a glorified envelope for Wii Sports and Link's Crossbow training? Why not a proper clamshell? I mean, really, what is that, like a buck or so?

Having said that, I love them both anyways.....

Just got a Wii :) and my perfect shot will arrive on monday!

So is Links Crossbow a game still a worthy purchase in your opinion ?

Thanks for any replies in advance~

Ditch it and buy a Perfect Shot... it's vastly superior. I bought one last week and was really impressed with its weight and strong resemblance to a real-life gun. I wish the trigger was electronically connected to the Wiimote rather than just a mechanical lever that presses in the B button, but it's still a very good product for the price.

When I got my Wii I was really surprised that Wii Sports didn't have a case. It even got ripped slightly opening it...

After the Zelda preorder disc and the Zelda Collectors Edition pack in last generation, I'd of bet we'd of gotten the games packaged like any other game.

• 2 weeks later...