IGNORED

Atariage Need Console Box Covers

Atariboy2600

I love Atariage but with all of there Cartridge, Manual, Catalogs, Overlays scans why not a Box Cover photos? Many online sites that deals with Atari and all has like scan box carts or booklets but not many of any at all on Box Covers and I think Atariage show be the one that has one and with all of the huge Atariage memebers what many boxs of Atari 2600, 5200 and 7800 packages that could photo there stuff and send them here. And not just the front covers but also the back and maybe the side ones and also many of the same covers but with deffint Packin Game labels stickeres on the front covers as welll from Space Invaders to Pac-man and then some.

heres an old photo poster I did using some old 2600 box covers, I would help but I lost my old Digital Camera :( Buy I know many of you guys here would do it^_^

post-5587-1202752605_thumb.jpg

That's not ironic at all. It's just sort of amusing.

See its little things like that sould be part of Atariage and more^_^

I agree and I'm watching this thread with great interest. It would be nice to have higher resolution images of the front and back of the boxes, as well as information about what country the box was used in as well as when the box debuted. It's going to be a bit before I start earnestly updating the database again, as I want to make some underlying improvements first (which I will get started on in a few months).

..Al

I agree and I'm watching this thread with great interest. It would be nice to have higher resolution images of the front and back of the boxes, as well as information about what country the box was used in as well as when the box debuted. It's going to be a bit before I start earnestly updating the database again, as I want to make some underlying improvements first (which I will get started on in a few months).

..Al

Thanks for liking the idea. Just think of it way WAY back when all video gamign first started and if you gone to a toy or electronic store whats THE very first think you see when buying a new gaming console, the box art or box photo. I still remeber the day I first saw the old VCS gaming console in NY's Woolworth store in NY 14th street store and I see a wall full of Atari VCS box systems. I just like to bring the feeling of seeing these box systems as ypu enter any stores that sold them. I mean that makes more scene to get the system before getting the games. Now today when some collectors wanted a used console 99% of the time they get them in console only very rear that they fine a box set and not every body seem them when we where there at the time of there first released. DO you remeber the day you first got a box system, the feeling of holding that huge box as you getting back home on a car or bus looking at the box art seeing thouse gaming images and cant wait to get home to open it?

..Al

Thanks for liking the idea. Just think of it way WAY back when all video gamign first started and if you gone to a toy or electronic store whats THE very first think you see when buying a new gaming console, the box art or box photo. I still remeber the day I first saw the old VCS gaming console in NY's Woolworth store in NY 14th street store and I see a wall full of Atari VCS box systems. I just like to bring the feeling of seeing these box systems as ypu enter any stores that sold them. I mean that makes more scene to get the system before getting the games. Now today when some collectors wanted a used console 99% of the time they get them in console only very rear that they fine a box set and not every body seem them when we where there at the time of there first released. DO you remeber the day you first got a box system, the feeling of holding that huge box as you getting back home on a car or bus looking at the box art seeing thouse gaming images and cant wait to get home to open it?

Game X change typically has system boxes on the front shelves where you can see them through the store windows. They've got everything from the 2600 all the way up to the 360 boxes, depending on the store. I think the one close to where I work has the best selection of system boxes. Too bad they aren't for sale!

• 2 weeks later...

try and get more light into the room and turn the flash off.

If you can, use a tripod and a slow shutter speed on your camera. Ideally using a self timer mode, so you aren't touching the camera when the shutter is opened. When you are using a slow shutter speed, the slightest movement of the camera will cause blurring in the picture.

Hope that helps you get a better shot. This is how i took the pics of my 7800 above.

• 1 month later...