IGNORED

New Lynx hw...

karri

That's the new Lynx to TV card from Video 61, isn't it? I thought, that was supposed to be a secret till Fall '08, wasn't it? Oh well! :) ;) Or is that the "long lost" 836K Eye of the Beholder cart that Atari experimented with? I had one of those back in 2000 and lost it! Talk about a real loss and heartbreak! Lost Atari history. :( :( DAMN IT!

Hm, this is some kind of RS232 to USB, made with a FTDI-Chip.

But what kind of application running on the Lynx and PC?

Right!

And the application that runs itcan be downladed from http://sipo.fi/Mttty.exe

If you choose baudrate 62500 it will now use it. The flash uploader also supports the new higher speed.

Oh, on the Lynx you need MegaPak or Lynx Reloaded.

--

Have fun with it,

Karri

Edited by karri

• 2 weeks later...
Hm, this is some kind of RS232 to USB, made with a FTDI-Chip.

But what kind of application running on the Lynx and PC?

Right!

And the application that runs itcan be downladed from http://sipo.fi/Mttty.exe

If you choose baudrate 62500 it will now use it. The flash uploader also supports the new higher speed.

Oh, on the Lynx you need MegaPak or Lynx Reloaded.

--

Have fun with it,

Karri

In case someone downloaded it then please download a new copy. I had a bug in the previous version and the high speed system was not using 62500 bauds. This one that is there now works OK at 62500 bauds also.

--

Karri

In case someone downloaded it then please download a new copy. I had a bug in the previous version and the high speed system was not using 62500 bauds. This one that is there now works OK at 62500 bauds also.

Karri, can we use this new version with the existing flash carts? Does the flash boot ROM need to be updated as well (and if so, how do I do that)?

Karri, can we use this new version with the existing flash carts? Does the flash boot ROM need to be updated as well (and if so, how do I do that)?

It works with all devflash carts. But you need to buy some kind of hardware to your PC that can produce non-standard baudrates.

The one I am using is the FTDI board.

post-2099-1203920876_thumb.jpg

You also need to solder 3 pins from a 5-pin connector to a Lynx connector.

post-2099-1203920953_thumb.jpg

And then you need to flash MegaPak to the cart as the new flash loader.

(Or compile a new version of testflash - not done yet.)

--

Karri

Now I also added support for 31250 bauds. The new binary is http://sipo.fi/MtttyNew.exe

The thing is good also for debugging ComLynx traffic for large ComLynx arrays where 62500 may be too unreliable.

In case someone is designing new flash carts then please use chips that support the write sequence:

lda #$40

sta $fcb3

lda data_to_write_to_cart

sta $fcb3

StrataFlash series does support this kind of programming. Perhaps also other component families.

The Lynx cannot program flashes that require direct memory access. The Mttty software supports only streaming capable flashes where the byte 0x40 is the "program byte" command.

--

Karri