IGNORED

Colecovision Power Supply [ACQUIRED]

BigO

• 2 weeks later...

Got my power supply today. CV didn't work. It took some major cleaning of the cartridge socket and liberal amounts of isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush to scrub corrosion off the circuit board. A few hours later it was finally working. My Super Action controller is not currently so super and will be next to undergo an inside out cleansing.

Holy moly those power supplies are huge!

Edited by BigO

By the way, while I was working on the unit and hooked up the bare board for testing, the picture was horrendous. With the shielding all back in place this thing has a very clean picture. Is that typical of the CV? (The clean picture, I mean.)

Edited by BigO

By the way, while I was working on the unit and hooked up the bare board for testing, the picture was horrendous. With the shielding all back in place this thing has a very clean picture. Is that typical of the CV? (The clean picture, I mean.)

I assume you're refering to the RF output. If so, it's hit or miss usually. I've had some that after a complete reconditioning, shielding on or off the RF signal sucks. On the other hand i've had some that can easily rival a composite video output. Seems like more and more these days the RF is getting crappier. It also seems that the RF signals appear better on older tvs. Did the tv's have better internal shielding back in the day? I say screw it and upgrade to component video or better.

I assume you're refering to the RF output. If so, it's hit or miss usually. I've had some that after a complete reconditioning, shielding on or off the RF signal sucks. On the other hand i've had some that can easily rival a composite video output. Seems like more and more these days the RF is getting crappier. It also seems that the RF signals appear better on older tvs. Did the tv's have better internal shielding back in the day? I say screw it and upgrade to component video or better.

This one could easily rival a composite video output. The TV is about 15 years old; a Toshiba 31". It currently doesn't have a back on it as I'm about to replace a bad cap and resolder some bad connections. I see a few modules that are shielded.

One of these days I might do video mods on all of my machines. Right now, viewable output will suffice for my current application.