IGNORED

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

BydoEmpire

Just a heads up! I also found that you can order this game from Sears as well online!

here is a direct link to make it easier...

Sears: Pinball Hall of Fame for Wii

Amazon is the best deal right now. Free shipping and no tax. $29.99 and your golden.

http://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Hall-Fame-Wi...5369&sr=8-1

You're right though, destined to be a collectors item. It has a 5 star user rating. I might order more copies for future trades.

I could not find this game by searching locally (like others have indicated), so I ordered it through Amazon (free shipping, no tax).

This game is AWESOME. Very similar to the Gottlieb HoF collection, but it seems like there are more tables. I actually like the nunchuck and wiimote control setup. You can really nudge the table, and I never did get a tilt.

Well worth the low price and extra effort required to pick this up, if you like the old Williams pinball tables.

My copy just arrived in the mail today, and I've been playing it for the past hour or so. Already I can tell you, this is the finest pinball simulation title I've ever had the pleasure of playing (not "one of the finest"... "THE finest"). It surpasses the Gottlieb collection, which was a great sim in its own right.

My main gripes from Gottlieb collection was that, in regard to the ball's behavior, the game felt too tight in some places and too loose in others, and it had a handful of bugs. For example, on Tee'd Off, on more than one occasion I've had the ball drop inexplicably right through the table itself for no particular reason. This version, however, seems to have corrected these bugs by making the table designs more robust, and the ball behavior now feels very accurate when compared to true arcade pinball machines (I'd say within 95% accuracy). To me, the tilt controls with the Wii remote and nunchuck feel much more natural than thumpinb a thumbstick. It seems to give you a bit more play over how much or how little you're tilting the table.

So it seems that Crave and Farsight have actually taken notes from the previous game. They seem to have weeded out some of the minor but slightly annoying bugs from the Gottlieb collection, while imrpoving on Gottlieb's high points in every way, including more tables, slightly larger arcade, more convincing ambience, and sound tracks from the era. Also, the selection of tables is a bit more carefully chosen since the Gottlieb collection contained roughly one or two tables from every decade from the 1950s to the 1990s. This collection, however, chooses from the 70s to 90s, which is more like what I remember arcades being as a kid when I'd go. In fact, there are at least three tables in the collection that I've actually had my hands on, so the nostalgia factor is there in this one for me.

Overall, a vast improvement over an already great sim makes this game a close to the real deal as you can get as of today, March 21, 2007. If you're still reading this thread and you haven't gotten or ordered this game yet, stop reading and go order it. Today. Right now. You'll thank me later. :D

Overall, a vast improvement over an already great sim makes this game a close to the real deal as you can get as of today, March 21, 2007. If you're still reading this thread and you haven't gotten or ordered this game yet, stop reading and go order it. Today. Right now. You'll thank me later. :D

It amazes me that they went to such lengths to correct bugs and release a quality product but only released it in limited quantities. Hopefully it will REALLY take off and inspire them to make more copies and have a wider release. In the mean time, I still haven't gotten my copy, I suspect it will be here tomorrow or Monday. Was hoping to have it for this week-end since I have guests coming over who would probably dig it.

It amazes me that they went to such lengths to correct bugs and release a quality product but only released it in limited quantities. Hopefully it will REALLY take off and inspire them to make more copies and have a wider release. In the mean time, I still haven't gotten my copy, I suspect it will be here tomorrow or Monday. Was hoping to have it for this week-end since I have guests coming over who would probably dig it.

Perhaps it's to drive up hype about the game? Or they could've just overproduced "Gottlieb" and wound up with extra copies (the GCN, PS2 and Xbox versions were actually fairly common to run across down here. PSP version was less common but still fairly easily found). So it could be they're just wanted to be cautious and only release enough to meet the demand, as opposed to overproducing then having to sell stock off at cut-rate prices at a loss.

Only things I can think off. It's such a great game and all, and would play heavily on the nostalgia factor. I mean I can even understand maybe not selling in stores like Wal-Mart, but EB/Gamestop and Best Buy? That does puzzle me a bit. :?

Perhaps we should fill their inbox with a few friendly e-mailed pat-on-the-backs and let them know what a nice job they all did. Might go well toward convincing them to do more of this sort of thing. :D

Damn! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive via USPS?! I ordered it beginning of last week and according to Wal-Marts shipping details I should have gotten it by yesterday at the latest. Course, I looked and noticed that my package was sitting in Austin since about the 18th?! Nothing updated beyond the 24th...ugh...

Should have gone with Amazon...next time I'll know better.

BTW. They FYE here at the main mall in Tulsa stopped selling video games completely. They no longer have a section for them and instead have replaced that part of their wall with BlueRay movies. They still has some video game accessories...but no games that I could find. Bummer...

Damn! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive via USPS?! I ordered it beginning of last week and according to Wal-Marts shipping details I should have gotten it by yesterday at the latest. Course, I looked and noticed that my package was sitting in Austin since about the 18th?! Nothing updated beyond the 24th...ugh...

USPS is notorious for not updating their delivery info. The package will arrive at your door long before the tracking information states that it left Austin.

UPS and FedEx are MUCH better about tracking, but then they (unsurprisingly) cost more. ;)

Edited by jbanes

Should have gone with Amazon...next time I'll know better.

BTW. They FYE here at the main mall in Tulsa stopped selling video games completely. They no longer have a section for them and instead have replaced that part of their wall with BlueRay movies. They still has some video game accessories...but no games that I could find. Bummer...

Strange, I got mine from Wal Mart in around 3 days....

Checked my tracking info again today and discovered something even more strange about how Wal-mart is shipping my order. They usually ship UPS standard ground which is why 3 days shipping is about normal for me as well. But for some reason this time, UPS transferred my package to USPS in Austin and now it is in the hands of the USPS? I didn't know any of the shippers did things like this? More importantly...why have UPS handle the package to about 75% of the way and then hand it to the US postal service to deliver it to my door?

Never seen a package transition like this take place on any orders from them before.

Checked my tracking info again today and discovered something even more strange about how Wal-mart is shipping my order. They usually ship UPS standard ground which is why 3 days shipping is about normal for me as well. But for some reason this time, UPS transferred my package to USPS in Austin and now it is in the hands of the USPS? I didn't know any of the shippers did things like this? More importantly...why have UPS handle the package to about 75% of the way and then hand it to the US postal service to deliver it to my door?

Never seen a package transition like this take place on any orders from them before.

It's pretty common. I've had lots of orders go through that (UPS Mail Innovations or something like that). The idea is that UPS handles shipping your package to your general area, then it's the USPS's responsibility to deliver it to you.

So that way if anything happens to the package that isn't detectable from outside the packaging, UPS can place the blame onto the USPS and since there wouldn't be any insurance through the USPS, UPS doesn't have to honor their standard insurance of packages...

How convienent...

great game, better than the Gottleib one IMO.

Tables are more modern, well more like the ones I used to play

Agreed. The BEST pinball sim to date. All the tables are a blast to play, especially if you remember playing them back in the day. I have a "real" TAXI pinball machine and the emulated version is spot on. It's to bad this one is not being picked up by any of the chains. Hold onto this one as it may get real hard to find.

Edited by Parrothead

I think this game appeals to folks because we recognize and have played some of the games in the collection.

For instance, I've played:

Black Knight

Gorgar

Whirl Wind

Taxi

Pinbot

and

Funhouse

(Ive seen Space Shuttle, but I can't recall ever playing it. Hell I've probably seen them all!)

Just curious what everyone has played off this collection?

I think this game appeals to folks because we recognize and have played some of the games in the collection.

For instance, I've played:

Black Knight

Gorgar

Whirl Wind

Taxi

Pinbot

and

Funhouse

(Ive seen Space Shuttle, but I can't recall ever playing it. Hell I've probably seen them all!)

Just curious what everyone has played off this collection?

Take Whirlwind away from your list and thats what I have played. The machines I haven't played are all pretty cool and I would like to play the actual machines some day, except for JIVETIME, just a little too old for for my liking but it's nice to have the variety if I decide to go "old school" for lack of a better phrase....maybe my parents will dig it :ponder:

I was a little bummed that F14 Tomcat was absent, Black Knight 2000 would have been a nice addition as well :) Now I'm just being overly picky :twisted:

I was a little bummed that F14 Tomcat was absent, Black Knight 2000 would have been a nice addition as well :) Now I'm just being overly picky :twisted:

Also, High Speed, The Machine: Bride of Pin-Bot, Jack-Bot, and The Getaway: High Speed II are missing. But on the other hand, there's an awful lot of "dummy" pinball machines and stuff, and I see almost no extra machines as was in PHoF: Gottlieb. Makes me wonder if there might be a hidden machine or two in the game waiting to be found somehow. :D Maybe there's a "backroom" to the arcade or something.

But now that some folks have gotten the game, what kind of scores are you getting on the tables? Something like a mini high score club for this game. So far, my best play was on Space Shuttle, 9,481,040.

Also, High Speed, The Machine: Bride of Pin-Bot, Jack-Bot, and The Getaway: High Speed II are missing. But on the other hand, there's an awful lot of "dummy" pinball machines and stuff, and I see almost no extra machines as was in PHoF: Gottlieb. Makes me wonder if there might be a hidden machine or two in the game waiting to be found somehow. :D Maybe there's a "backroom" to the arcade or something.

But now that some folks have gotten the game, what kind of scores are you getting on the tables? Something like a mini high score club for this game. So far, my best play was on Space Shuttle, 9,481,040.

Ah, High Speed...I forgot all about that one. What a great machine that was :)

My next question was going to be if there are some unlockable tables? I know you can unlock "free play" mode after clearing objectives but a few hidden machines would be pretty sweet, my fingers are crossed :)

Man, I loved High Speed. I used to play that and F-14 Tomcat pretty regularly back in the early 90's in college.

Well, you guys have convinced me on this one... Field trip! To the local Target chum!

<insert na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na sound from '60s Batman here> :D

Hex.

[ Not BatHex... Bats are scary. ]