IGNORED

new Nintendo handhelds

Atariboy

Briefly saw a few at a drug store today, I saw Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros, and didn't look further to see if there were anymore but it looked like there were different ones behind them.

They're tiny and they look like they could go on a key chain. Are these games versions of their classic Game & Watches? They're on just a single screen but I wonder if there are similarities.

Briefly saw a few at a drug store today, I saw Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros, and didn't look further to see if there were anymore but it looked like there were different ones behind them.

They're tiny and they look like they could go on a key chain. Are these games versions of their classic Game & Watches? They're on just a single screen but I wonder if there are similarities.

they are exactly that, replicas of the old G&Ws. they also have a dual-screen Zelda game (non-US), Mario's Cement Factory, and they used to have Octopus.

they are exactly that, replicas of the old G&Ws. they also have a dual-screen Zelda game (non-US), Mario's Cement Factory, and they used to have Octopus.

Yup G&W games, if you buy the Super Mario Bros one you might want to buy new batteries with it seeing how the ones that come with it are defective (I've had problems with this) and it is even mentioned somewhere online about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

There Neat, but I think that there not even worth $6 dollars, which is what you can get one for at the local Wal-Mart, usually in the Electronics or Toy aisles.

I would pay maybe three or four dollars, but not six dollars for one.

• 2 weeks later...
The Super Mario Bros game&watch was really nice. It made great use of the limited LCD capabilities with scrolling levels etc. Nice music too. If the keychain is the same I can recommend that one.

I bought that one. Never played the G&W one, so i can't tell the difference. But it was fun, i liked it. But for some reason the screen stops scrolling on one level (can't remember, maybe level 5). The only way to stop it was to take the batteries out. Oh well, kept me occupied in the car when i was out with my mom while she was shopping for like 20 hours. :ponder:

• 3 weeks later...

I got some of those, back in the mid 90's. Awesome little toys, the Tetris one, and Mario Bros one are my favorites. I seem to remember them being originally 10$ in the mid 90's I still have all my old ones, though all the batteries are dead now. I've seen them pop back up every few years, they're cool little things, but as was said above, $6 for a really REALLY old LCD games. I know there's some cheapies useually $1-$2, so as near as I can tell, it's due to the name, not the value of the parts.

Anyhow, pick them up, especially if you find them marked down a few bucks, their worth it IMO, if you like that LCD type of game.