IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 29: Stampede

Ze_ro

A little tougher with the short rope, but the same thing happens at the 8th herd.

how come it says 5524 on top and 3 at the bottom? does the score roll over at ten thousand, and then add one at the bottem every time?

I don't own the original cartridge, but this game is on my 32 in one cartridge from Atari. Is it the same game

Should be the same thing, go ahead and play it.

how come it says 5524 on top and 3 at the bottom? does the score roll over at ten thousand, and then add one at the bottem every time?

Yep, the score rolls over at 10,000. Even though it technically does keep track of a fifth digit, I think it's probably best to just cap it there... after all, I capped Journey Escape to keep things from getting ridiculous, so it only seems logical.

--Zero

Yep, the score rolls over at 10,000. Even though it technically does keep track of a fifth digit, I think it's probably best to just cap it there... after all, I capped Journey Escape to keep things from getting ridiculous, so it only seems logical.

--Zero

I don't know about that. Capping at 10,000 doesn't seem right to me, since at around 35K the game becomes impossible anyways. Plus, my score is still beatable, even by at least 1,000 points!

It's not like rolling the score at 1,000,000. Getting to the 8th herd takes roughly 20 minutes. Let's make a game of it this time.

:cool:

--Zero

I don't know about that. Capping at 10,000 doesn't seem right to me, since at around 35K the game becomes impossible anyways. Plus, my score is still beatable, even by at least 1,000 points!

It's not like rolling the score at 1,000,000. Getting to the 8th herd takes roughly 20 minutes. Let's make a game of it this time.

:cool:

I agree with 5th Ghost (even though he kicked my butt over at the DP Activision contest.) Sorry, I had to throw that in there. ;)

Anyway, it does keep track of the 10K marks with the steer head and the numbers progressing. And the game does continue to get harder after 10K. While the score does "roll" I think this particular game would count as an exception. I'd vote to let Ghost's total score be counted. :)

I've owned this cart since it originally came out and sadly this is about the best I've ever been able to do. I'm obviously missing a few tricks here and there. :ponder:

post-10357-1206816222_thumb.jpg

If you're missing a few tricks, I wonder if I'm even playing the right game... ;)

:roll: hello all!

this is my first reply on atary age

the high score club is awsome, i will be playing every week!

2074 is my best

post-17702-1206815425_thumb.jpg

Welcom! The HSC is the main reason I joined AtariAge a few couple months ago. I have a hard time finding anyone to play Atari with, not to mention get into competition against. :)

Edited by aftermac

I've played this game several more times and can consistently break 3k, but can't beat my old score yet. Still a couple more days to try.

I was having the same problem until this game. I must have played 50 games where I scored 3000-3300 since my 3500 game.

Keep trying, I'm sure you'll beat it. No pressure... ;)

post-17553-1206981082_thumb.png

It's funny, the more I played it yesterday, the worse I seemed to get. It gets so fast that if you make one mistake, it's game over. I had one game going where I just broke 5K with 5 or 6 'lives.' I was thinking to myself "This is the game where I'm gonna blow my high score away!" Well, I slipped up once and blew all of my lives within a 5-10 second stretch...needless to say, I didn't beat my score. :(

I'm still enjoying the game this week, though. I'll keep at it! ;)

Yeah, I'm having real trouble doing much better. I get too involved in patterns and working the system that if I screw it up, I have a lot of trouble getting back on course. I can consistently get in the 3K range with a few games in the 4 and 5K, but I always get out of sync and end up wiping out.

Oh well, only a day to go!

AAARRRRGGGHHH! Ok, you make the call:

I scored 6,885. I reached for my camera, to find the batteries were dead. When I went to get the charger, I bumped my Atari and the screen blanked out (stupid Activision carts.) :(

Fortunately, we have the extra day this week. Hopefully I can break the 7K mark, then this will all be moot, but hopefully this score will stand for the time being. :(

AAARRRRGGGHHH! Ok, you make the call:

I scored 6,885. I reached for my camera, to find the batteries were dead. When I went to get the charger, I bumped my Atari and the screen blanked out (stupid Activision carts.) :(

Fortunately, we have the extra day this week. Hopefully I can break the 7K mark, then this will all be moot, but hopefully this score will stand for the time being. :(

Well, you were already ahead of me and I'm not gonna catch your old score, so this is fine with me. ;)

Good luck breaking 7K!