IGNORED

HSC Special: Ms. Pac-Man

Ze_ro

Important Note: This competition has ended and no further scores will be accepted.

Note - It's time for something a little different... For the month of April, all the High Score Clubs for all the Atari systems (plus the NES) will be staging a little Ms. Pac-Man competition! Here's your chance to show those 5200 and Lynx folks which Atari is the REAL Atari! This will not interfere with the regular game rotation, but it also won't count towards your cumulative score. You're also free to submit scores to any of the other system's Ms. Pac-Man competitions if you wish: Atari 8-bit, 5200, 7800, Lynx, Jaguar, NES (Coming Soon).

Lookout Pac-Man lovers, Atari is proud to bring you the "femme fatale" of computer video game world -- MS. PAC-MAN!

That's right, she's here in all her shining glory. MS. PAC-MAN is sure to steal your heart with her grace and charm. And she's all dolled up with a ribbon in her hair. Just like the arcade MS. PAC-MAN, this ATARI home version has multiple mazes, floating fruit, pretzels, an end-of-game cartoon, and four fearless ghosts -- Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Sue.

Get ready to feast your eyes on the original video beauty queen. She's ready to bring you many delightful hours of fun and excitement. So, sit back, relax and have a good time playing MS. PAC-MAN.

s_MsPacMan_2.png

Game Information
  • Game Name: Ms. Pac-Man
  • Released By: Atari, 1987
  • Left Difficulty: N/A
  • Right Difficulty: N/A
  • Game Mode: Cherries

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores is Wednesday, April 30th, 11:59 PM (CST).

Current High Scores
  1. 121,810 (NE146)
  2. 120,650 (jimdandy75)
  3. 112,170 (Deteacher)
  4. 98,820 (SpiceWare)
  5. 95,290 (toymailman)
  6. 91,860 (Shannon)
  7. 89,740 (StanJr)
  8. 69,070 (godzillajoe)
  9. 60,810 (ed1475)
  10. 59,410 (phaxda)
  11. 57,130 (Kurt_Woloch)
  12. 49,300 (darthkur)
  13. 42,720 (Wickeycolumbus)
  14. 40,580 (Impaler_26)
  15. 21,880 (doctorclu)
  16. 4390 (Dan Iacovelli)

Best Tips
  • None yet

TwinGalaxies Top 3
  1. 183,420 (Marc Cohen)
  2. 173,410 (Robert T Mruczek)
  3. 146,380 (Natalie Purawec)
Game 1, Difficulty B)

Scoring Points in Ms. Pac-Man
  • Dot - 10 points
  • Energy Pill - 50 points
  • First Ghost - 200 points
  • Second Ghost - 400 points
  • Third Ghost - 800 points
  • Fourth Ghost - 1600 points
  • Cherry - 100 points
  • Strawberry - 100 points
  • Orange - 500 points
  • Pretzel - 700 points
  • Apple - 1000 points
  • Pear - 2000 points
  • Banana - 5000 points

Hints and Tips
  • Practice clearing the maze of dots before trying to gobble up the ghosts.
  • Stay close to an energy pill before eating it, and tease the ghosts into moving toward you. When the ghosts get close, eat the energy pill and gobble up as many ghosts as you can.
  • Use the openings in the maze as escape tunnels. Move to either side to quickly evade the ghosts. Don't forget, different mazes have different tunnels.

We also played this game in the High Score Club before, you might want to check out that thread for more hints and tips
The Manual
As always, you really should read the manual. In case you don't have the manual, AtariAge has a typed copy and a scanned copy available online for your viewing pleasure . Here are the hints it provides:

--Zero

I really like this idea. I would love to see this done every month. ;)

Maybe a couple times a year would make it special every time. I think Joust, Asteroids, and Mario Bros are some good ones that many of the HSCs could take part in.

EDIT: By the way, did I mention you guys are going to lose? Because you are. :P

Edited by Atarifever

I really like this idea. I would love to see this done every month. ;)

Maybe a couple times a year would make it special every time. I think Joust, Asteroids, and Mario Bros are some good ones that many of the HSCs could take part in.

Jaguar can play along with Asteriods and we have our Pac variant that we have set up for this time around.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123622

It's not that the Jaguar doesn't have classic games, but rather finding classic games that the 7800 also has specifically.

It's not that the Jaguar doesn't have classic games, but rather finding classic games that the 7800 also has specifically.

Yeah, I thought about that. You guys have Pitfall (if you unlock it) and we don't. You guys have a Defender game, and we don't. We have a Joust, and you don't. We have a Dig Dug and you don't. It's like the 8-bit, 2600, and 5200 crew can do whatever game they want, but Jaguar and 7800 are a bottleneck.

I love the idea of cross platform competitions. We should put together a master list of games that are available on multiple platforms, for future reference. If we did this every month we would quickly run out of games, but a few times a year would be great!

BTW: I love the 2600 and all, but I've always had a special connection with underdog 7800, so in an attempt to even things out a bit, I'll only be submitting scores there.

Here's my entry: 74680

Once upon a time I was amazing at this game. Then about 4 years ago I hit a wall and have not been able to reach the heights to which I once soared. Not sure what it was, I think I got too caught up in patterns and perfect runs and let frustration replace the fun. This is my attempt to vanquish those demons.

Oh, and I'll see you all over the NES HSC for this game as well! Weeeeee

post-409-1207254248_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I thought about that. You guys have Pitfall (if you unlock it) and we don't. You guys have a Defender game, and we don't. We have a Joust, and you don't. We have a Dig Dug and you don't. It's like the 8-bit, 2600, and 5200 crew can do whatever game they want, but Jaguar and 7800 are a bottleneck.

We also have HSC's for Master System and ColecoVision... would be nice to get them involved, though it didn't work out this time.

--Zero