IGNORED

Atari 7800 remake?

Fort Apocalypse

post-5041-1208705683_thumb.jpgHi Guys

Here is the Black one,with signature of Nolan Bushnell.

Sorry for the bad pic.

greetings Walter

Thats cool. wil u take a pac-man cart for it? lol

I will give you two pacman carts and an ET cart :D :D

I'l match and throw in a sears pac-man beat that. ok i'm done

I just got off the phone wilt Bill from O'Shea Ltd., and he told me that the website is still being maintained, he's taking orders and all is well with that. I asked about the Bushness 7800, and he told me that he's still looking to get them manufactured by someone, and if and when he does this games will be bundled with it, but his consoles are not for sale right now. They picked up on the first ring, and he seemed like a nice guy.

So order away, they're listening.

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan

I just got off the phone wilt Bill from O'Shea Ltd., and he told me that the website is still being maintained, he's taking orders and all is well with that. I asked about the Bushness 7800, and he told me that he's still loking to get them manufactured by someone, and if and when he does this games will be bundled with it, but his consoles are not for sale right now. They picked up on the first ring, and he seemed like a nice guy.

So order away, they're listening.

Nathan

thats good to know. I'l have to follow up by phone if I don't hear back.

I wish I had remembered to ask about the 'broken' links at the site. Ah well, I feel safe ordering, though, even if it is by phone.

If someone else talks to them, please tell them that we can't wait on the 7800 :) and their website doesn't seem to render well with Firefox- especially if you can reproduce the issue I'm having- when I click on the menu links on their homepage, it wants to download files instead of show any pages.

I wish I had remembered to ask about the 'broken' links at the site. Ah well, I feel safe ordering, though, even if it is by phone.

If someone else talks to them, please tell them that we can't wait on the 7800 :) and their website doesn't seem to render well with Firefox- especially if you can reproduce the issue I'm having- when I click on the menu links on their homepage, it wants to download files instead of show any pages.

I'm going to try calling Friday. I sent an email on the 20th. No reply so far.

the.golden.ax

I ordered on the 20th also and I found a confirmation in my spam box today it was from the 25th. so the order form is working. my card was charged on friday. Their page works well with flock which is what I am using now and I like it. give it a try.

Nice 7800s!!!

I think the color scheme would be amazing if (in relation to the black model) the light lettering, raised edges were "pumpkin orange" like the lines on the 2600.

Don't hit me! But I would find that such a work of art I would have to have at least 2!!! :)

Love the Nolan Bushnell sig! omeone asked why have Nolan on there... Well for the same reason a guy who never saw Babe Ruth play would love to see a commemorative card come out in his honor. I know its a bit whacky but take the Chevrolet name... louis Chevrolet has nothing to do with the company but clearly his identity / name is pimped all over the cars I drive! I get the concern though indeed but I'm a nolan Bushnell fanboy! LOL! :)

Again, nice nice 7800s!

I ordered on the 20th also and I found a confirmation in my spam box today it was from the 25th. so the order form is working. my card was charged on friday. Their page works well with flock which is what I am using now and I like it. give it a try.

My one complaint with my macbook is that initial key presses are sometimes dropped. Heck all the bloody time! THIS ONE TIME I'm not going to edit my post! Hrrrrm maybe I should be a little more patient when posting and read over what I have typed... I'm such a bonehead... Someone hit me in the temple s with a couple excess star raiders keyboards!

Dammit I couldn't resist! Seems a few beers activate the *super* of my super-OCD! No more AA with this macbook... Swear... No I don't... Arg!!!

HELP ME!

Nice 7800s!!!

I think the color scheme would be amazing if (in relation to the black model) the light lettering, raised edges were "pumpkin orange" like the lines on the 2600.

Don't hit me! But I would find that such a work of art I would have to have at least 2!!! :)

Love the Nolan Bushnell sig! omeone asked why have Nolan on there... Well for the same reason a guy who never saw Babe Ruth play would love to see a commemorative card come out in his honor. I know its a bit whacky but take the Chevrolet name... louis Chevrolet has nothing to do with the company but clearly his identity / name is pimped all over the cars I drive! I get the concern though indeed but I'm a nolan Bushnell fanboy! LOL! :)

Again, nice nice 7800s!

Edited by Noelio

My one complaint with my macbook is that initial key presses are sometimes dropped. Heck all the bloody time! THIS ONE TIME I'm not going to edit my post! Hrrrrm maybe I should be a little more patient when posting and read over what I have typed... I'm such a bonehead... Someone hit me in the temple s with a couple excess star raiders keyboards!

Dammit I couldn't resist! Seems a few beers activate the *super* of my super-OCD! No more AA with this macbook... Swear... No I don't... Arg!!!

HELP ME!

Nice 7800s!!!

Again, nice nice 7800s!

got my oshea games today.

he told me that he's still looking to get them manufactured by someone, and if and when he does this games will be bundled with it, but his consoles are not for sale right now.

Honestly, I wouldn't wait around for it. I'd love to see new 7800 models too, but how many would he really sell? This isn't the same as a little "all in one joystick with 50 games".

He's essentially looking to re-manufacture and release a system that was discontinued 16 years ago and sell several hundred thousand units.

If a good "homebrew game" struggles to sell 500 copies, how will newly made 7800s sell enough to justify what will be an enormous production cost?

he told me that he's still looking to get them manufactured by someone, and if and when he does this games will be bundled with it, but his consoles are not for sale right now.

Honestly, I wouldn't wait around for it. I'd love to see new 7800 models too, but how many would he really sell? This isn't the same as a little "all in one joystick with 50 games".

He's essentially looking to re-manufacture and release a system that was discontinued 16 years ago and sell several hundred thousand units.

If a good "homebrew game" struggles to sell 500 copies, how will newly made 7800s sell enough to justify what will be an enormous production cost?

I hope he realises this (cause I agree with you) and only has a limited run. As far as the production costs, I have a way of building computers that can be applied here: I wait to get each part, and wait for the best deal. Like you said, it's been 16 years, we can be patient. Have the case top made, wait and see how much you can get the bottom made for, then wait for each component, looking for a manufacturer to give you a good quote on good quality. Then the cost is spread out over time, and not felt as hard. After all is said and done, he can ask the price he wants (hopefully it won't be too much) and we can pick them up at our leisure, since there won't be such a drive to sell them all at once.

I can be fairly confident in stating this after looking at all the Chinese manufacturers that are online and will deal with the general public (meaning not requiring a business license to hire them). They seem to want to be 'your' manufacturer and will make pretty much anything you want. So it's definitely possible, but after all, it's been 16 years since it's been discontinued and a new method needs to be used.

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan