IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 36: Ixion

Ze_ro

Ok, here's some tips...

Tip: Be very precise with your movements. If there is any diagonal movement, your player will not move at all. This can be a problem in tight spots.

Tip: When you are shooting at the ball things try to line up your shots like you would in pool. This game does a great job at detecting angles. You can shoot diagonally and move your player to line up the "holes". This is especially useful in the bonus rounds.

If it had diagonal movement it would have been a very good game.

The player is moving along a raster, so diagonal movement would change the gameplay significantly.

But IMO the game should react to diagonal joystick positions and chose one of the two possible directions then (e.g. continue with the last direction or prefer horizontal directions).

OK, here's another one from me... 487400.

post-8393-1211126682_thumb.png

I've got some tips now too:

- Bouncing around the "balls" isn't exactly like in Pool. It seems like the ball takes on the trajectory of the shot it gets hit by. Note that it can also get hit by the enemies' shots, which also causes it to start bouncing around.

- Rolling the ball by bumping into it always causes a horizontal or vertical motion (depending on how the player moves). Shooting it may result in horizontal, vertical or diagonal motion. However, shooting it with diagonal shots always results in diagonal motion, because when shooting diagonally, no horizontally moving shots are created.

- Shooting the ball diagonally should be preferred, since by bouncing around diagonally, the ball covers much more ground and thus makes the playfield much more open.

- The highest priority for the player should be to avoid the enemies' shots, because that's the only thing that's deadly.

- Running out of time actually doesn't seem to result in losing a life, rather you warp up to the next level, but with the letters you already had remaining. However, in the level you warped to, each letter you collect in this level is worth 1000 points less than it originally was.

If it had diagonal movement it would have been a very good game.

The player is moving along a raster, so diagonal movement would change the gameplay significantly.

But IMO the game should react to diagonal joystick positions and chose one of the two possible directions then (e.g. continue with the last direction or prefer horizontal directions).

Agreed and that's what I was trying to say with my poorly worded post. :)

I lost my last 4 lives on the wave that finished me off. Tough round. :x

:idea: There are 16 different level in total (see cheated shot below). After that, the game repeats from level 12.

I've made it to that level, but haven't cleared it yet.

I can get up to that level pretty consistantly too, but can't even get started with it, let alone finish it.

I'm sure everyone has noticed by now that if you die on a board, the scoring for each "letter" resets to 1K. That really sucks when you're going for that 5K letter, then die because then it's only worth 1K. :(

The only other tip I can come up with is to learn to clear the bonus boards. Those extra 5K bonuses really add up in the long run.