IGNORED

GameGavel.com - Auctions for Gamers! - Play VIDGRID - The GameGavel Game

Parrothead

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking for a certain game, Stargate for the SNES. Not the Williams Arcade, the movie game. If anyone has it then post it up on chuckwagon and I'll bid on it. Is there a wanted section there? That would be an improvement.

Nathan

Hey Nathan -

I will keep my eyes peeled the next swap meet I attend. I come across at least 100 nes games a weekend.

So Cal Mike :)

I signed up on there. I haven't gotten my confirmation email yet though. After doing a brief bit of snooping, I kinda like the way the place works. I don't care so much with the way people list things on ebay, so this seems like a fresh place to check out. Worst case scenario.... Since when has having multiple sources for your game fix been a bad thing?

Hey, am I late? :-)

I just noticed the article at AA frontpage, and I like it.

I have a couple of items I'd like to auction, but I didn't put them on Ebay since they may not be much of interest, and I don't want to pay useless relisting fees. I could start from there.

Long story made short: I'm in!

Hey, am I late? :-)

I just noticed the article at AA frontpage, and I like it.

I have a couple of items I'd like to auction, but I didn't put them on Ebay since they may not be much of interest, and I don't want to pay useless relisting fees. I could start from there.

Long story made short: I'm in!

Thanks Paolo. I am sure you will like the Chuckwagon. We are really having a good deal of traffic to the site so your items will be seen, when you list them. Please also listen to the weekly "Auction Talk" episodes on the CTC homepage as they will reveal current stats and also items of interest that have been recently listed.

Spread the word to your local friends who buy, sell and collect to Jump on the Chuckwagon Bandwagon.

not too thrilled about someone asking $5 to ship a magazine - are you planning on possibly putting in some guidelines for sellers in this area?

I will have to defend this. If I were to buy a magazine, I would want it in a hard frame, at least heavy cardboard and wrapped in plastic. For this, I will pay $5 for someone to do.

If it were just dropped in a flimsy envelope and a stamp on it, then I would be upset. There should definitely be some regulation by the site on shipping. or at least try. It's a big gripe I have about ebay sellers; charging lots for shipping then giving the least effort.

Nathan

I doubt he does anything to fix this glaring problem. I placed a bid and won my first auction which happened to be sold by the site's creator. Low and behold, the damn thing arrived crushed in the mail because the game was just stuffed in a bubble mailer.

If he thinks that kind of packaging is OK, how in the hell is he going to come up with some kind of standard for others to adhere to?

To pour salt on the wound, he refunded the shipping costs - and not by a "refund", but by a "payment", which means I ate the fees on that refund. But really, after the game was crushed, I wanted no part of it. After explaining that, he sent me another "payment" for the item, again making me eat the fees.

We're not talking high dollars here, but really the principles behind the deal.

Count me out - I can get that abuse from sellers elsewhere.

Jerry

not too thrilled about someone asking $5 to ship a magazine - are you planning on possibly putting in some guidelines for sellers in this area?

I will have to defend this. If I were to buy a magazine, I would want it in a hard frame, at least heavy cardboard and wrapped in plastic. For this, I will pay $5 for someone to do.

If it were just dropped in a flimsy envelope and a stamp on it, then I would be upset. There should definitely be some regulation by the site on shipping. or at least try. It's a big gripe I have about ebay sellers; charging lots for shipping then giving the least effort.

Nathan

I doubt he does anything to fix this glaring problem. I placed a bid and won my first auction which happened to be sold by the site's creator. Low and behold, the damn thing arrived crushed in the mail because the game was just stuffed in a bubble mailer.

If he thinks that kind of packaging is OK, how in the hell is he going to come up with some kind of standard for others to adhere to?

To pour salt on the wound, he refunded the shipping costs - and not by a "refund", but by a "payment", which means I ate the fees on that refund. But really, after the game was crushed, I wanted no part of it. After explaining that, he sent me another "payment" for the item, again making me eat the fees.

We're not talking high dollars here, but really the principles behind the deal.

Count me out - I can get that abuse from sellers elsewhere.

Jerry

Jerry - I have been an Ebay user for years (id mike-tricia) and have rarely had any issues with shipping. I did refund you the $ for the item right away as I felt you were completely right for calling me out on this. And I didn't ask for the item back in return. If you want to return the item, I would be happy to refund your shipping cost, as well as any fees you ate on the Paypal side of things.

I have learned from this mistake, but chose to ship the item with the padded envelopes I had before leaving on a short vacation, instead of waiting and having it boxed properly when I returned. I had run out of boxes at that time and was waiting for USPS to deliver another shipment of Priority Mail Boxes. Since the box was soft and not in great condition already, I guess I didn't think it would hurt.

And yes, the magazine WAS wrapped and sandwhiched between a flattened cardboard box so it will arrive undamaged.

I have sold tons of things on the site and noone else has had any complaints.

This is an error I will not make again! And, I apologize for shipping it to you in that fashion.

Edited by Parrothead

OK, I'm in. I need to thin out the collection some.

For folks that have used it, are you happy with the results? Inquiring minds want to know.

V

Thanks for your consideration. I hope those of you who have successfully sold on the Chuckwagon can chime in here. There have been many successful auctions, however, and there continues to be a good supply of items listed each week.

Listen to our home page feature "Auction Talk" to hear up to date site growth statistics and you will see we are getting lots of search traffic for only being online a month.

Give the Chuckwagon a try.

Edited by Parrothead

OK, I'm in. I need to thin out the collection some.

For folks that have used it, are you happy with the results? Inquiring minds want to know.

V

I sold one cart on there already with no problems... hey man, I have a feedback of "1" !! neat

later,

-JustJeff

Have the prices folks have been getting pretty much what you expected or have they gone much lower? If they are good then I think I will be posting some things soon.

I think prices are fair... however, selling a "common" will be tough... the R3's and up will sell, at least from what I have seen so far. But it is still too early I think, and I have only listed two games so far, so I am no expert.

Have the prices folks have been getting pretty much what you expected or have they gone much lower? If they are good then I think I will be posting some things soon.

I think prices are fair... however, selling a "common" will be tough... the R3's and up will sell, at least from what I have seen so far. But it is still too early I think, and I have only listed two games so far, so I am no expert.

Well i got the buy prices on mine so I was happy

Things are selling on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com

For those of you still listing all your items on eBay because you don't think they will sell on a new auction site, take a look at this link to see all the auctions that have recently closed on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com.

Goto this link then click on Ending - Recently Closed and then Search:

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/html/search.html

You will see many successfully closed auctions and remember, it won't cost near as much to sell your items here so why not give the Chuckwagon a try?

We are approaching 300 members and many more than that have booked marked us and come back daily to see what has been listed.

CTCW need sniping-automatic pls. i.e., silent bidding. XD

You can snipe all you want just make yourself available and snipe. I have seen many people do it already. If your looking for an auto snipe web page make one. Im sure people will love it.....

Edited by brucebidder

I would like to see a snipe page as well; something easy to use, like eSnipe. I don't have the technical knowledge to make such a thing, but I think the Chuckwagon powers that that be should look into it :).

I bet you'd get more bids on stuff if sniping were built in. At least make it an option for sellers to decide whether they want to allow it or not. If you make it so it shows that there are X number of "silent bids" in on the item, maybe even show their usernames, I bet it'll entice people to drop in a bid of their own even just as a tag. I definitely would bid on more stuff if I didn't have to be there for the end.

If you do decide to add this feature, you should call them "pubba" auctions in honor of the one who thought of it, too. XD

Edited by djpubba

CTCW need sniping-automatic pls. i.e., silent bidding. XD

no way. That is some of the ebay type bullshit I don't want to see ruin the bandwagon.

I agree with Shawn. I always felt if you want the item make time to bid on it and be there for the auction end. But I guess to each his own. Just my thoughts.