IGNORED

Soul Star CD Complete!

nonner242

Been kinda busy with work and custom boxes for some other game collections for people, but I made some time this week here and there to finish my first truley complete Jaguar game set. Box/Game CD /Inserts/and Jewel case Front & Back.

SOOOOOOOOOO......Here is my finished Soulstar CD game set....Hope you like it cuz this is the final!!!!! for it will have no changes as far as I can think of, or care...at least right no Im happy with it.

Thanks for looking. And as always, I would love to hear any good or bad comments...Maybe you might change my mind. :D

post-6530-1212813352_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1212813383_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1212814068_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1212813510_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1212813543_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1212813423_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And here I was just asking in a thread over at JSII about anyone using Lightscribe discs for Jag demos and such.

Looks nice, although I always thought the Soul Star design was kinda funky to begin with.

1. Jaguar CD Logo is stretched on the CD - dislike

2. As mentioned on your other box designs, I disapprove of the new Atari logo being used

3. I would use some form of unmarked media instead of HP branded for the CD.

Otherwise, it looks great! :D

And here I was just asking in a thread over at JSII about anyone using Lightscribe discs for Jag demos and such.

Looks nice, although I always thought the Soul Star design was kinda funky to begin with.

1. Jaguar CD Logo is stretched on the CD - dislike

2. As mentioned on your other box designs, I disapprove of the new Atari logo being used

3. I would use some form of unmarked media instead of HP branded for the CD.

Otherwise, it looks great! :D

I'll second all that, but, I ALSO disaprove of the lightscribe disc. Atari didn't use them. They had full-color CD's, I think some type of silk-screening print? I don't care for the colorless lightscribe cd's. And Jaguar CD boxes are oversized, not the size of cartridge boxes (only Telegames released them that way).

It's your right to design your box sets anyway you see fit, and many post-Atari releases chose their own package designs, but since your using boxes instead of DVD cases on the cd's it seems you are attempting to match their formula for design, so if your going 90% why not just go the full 9 yards and make it 100% authentic (of course something like silk-screened cd's may not be possible with your resources).

On the plus side, it still looks fantastic and very professional regardless of these quibles and I'd be happy to have all your boxes (for the games that never had them originally) in lue of something more authentic.

How about making some boxes for the post-atari releases where the publishers used DVD cases? I want all my games to physically match in size and shape and design sitting on my shelf. That means everything in at least regular sized Atari boxes (like you have), if not the oversized to matched other Jag CD's games.

Do what you want but the original Jag CD box design that Atari made just plain sucked. I have bought some unopened baxed games and it is rediculous. The Box is oversized...it is slightly bigger than an Atari Jag cart box so it will not fit correctly in the display shelf that I have for all my Jag games. If you take the CD out it is in a flimsy cardboard jewel case bx that when sitting on the shelf never closes corectly.

If I was going to take the time to start from scratch the all Jag CD-Games would go in some sort of generic plastic DVD Case, I would get some clear plastic Floppy disc/cd holder with the sticky stuff on the back like the ones that Fellows sells at Office Depot to hold the overlays, and the case should already have a book holder.

On Jag carts I am a fan of using old EA Sega Genesis Plastic Boxes, they take a tiny bit of adjustment, where the Cartridge side is and you have to close the game w/ the title down, but they look great.

Edited by Pete5125

Do what you want but the original Jag CD box design that Atari made just plain sucked. I have bought some unopened baxed games and it is rediculous. The Box is oversized...it is slightly bigger than an Atari Jag cart box so it will not fit correctly in the display shelf that I have for all my Jag games. If you take the CD out it is in a flimsy cardboard jewel case bx that when sitting on the shelf never closes corectly.

If I was going to take the time to start from scratch the all Jag CD-Games would go in some sort of generic plastic DVD Case, I would get some clear plastic Floppy disc/cd holder with the sticky stuff on the back like the ones that Fellows sells at Office Depot to hold the overlays, and the case should already have a book holder.

On Jag carts I am a fan of using old EA Sega Genesis Plastic Boxes, they take a tiny bit of adjustment, where the Cartridge side is and you have to close the game w/ the title down, but they look great.

That is the other way to go, I've thought about just tucking away the oversized Jag CD boxes and cases, including the Readysoft and Telegames jewel cases and transfering ALL of them into generic DVD cases. In fact, there is a site that has some, but not all of the Jaguar CD box covers edited for DVD cases.

Here: http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cat_id=37

I dont like the LS disc much either but a thick sticker was not an option and I have not really looked into any other way than trying to find a thin printable clear plastic cd sticker. And on the other hand it is not hard to make a cd so if I do find a better way I can burn one without it taking days of work.

And for the box size Id rather change all the OVERSIZED CD boxes to the cart boxes to have a TOTAL matching collection...thats my thing I guess.

I was going to go all DVD box for cd games , but as I said earlier I rather have a ALL matching collection of boxes across the wall. And yes post Atari will get the same treatment too.

Edited by nonner242

I dont like the LS disc much either but a thick sticker was not an option and I have not really looked into any other way than trying to find a thin printable clear plastic cd sticker. And on the other hand it is not hard to make a cd so if I do find a better way I can burn one without it taking days of work.

I have an epson stylus photo R300 printer with an CD tray loader, I can print my CD's DVD's with the inkjet printer.

Design a cool CD label in Photoshop (or something else) and print it in high quality onto the CD, no stickers needed, only buy printable ready cd's :)

Edited by Tweety

I have an epson stylus photo R300 printer with an CD tray loader, I can print my CD's DVD's with the inkjet printer.

Design a cool CD label in Photoshop (or something else) and print it in high quality onto the CD, no stickers needed, only buy printable ready cd's :)

I want one! I need one! But I love my Canon! Super Hi-RES! Prefect colors! Dual Trays, Great Scanner and a cool lcd screen! A little to expensive to print, cuz it uses so much ink! But the Print are the best Ive seen from a home printer.

:D

Yeah, I have an R260. Looks great. You can get a spray-on lacquer thing to coat it as well, so it's basically waterproof as silkscreening would be. You just have to spray it in a completely sterile environment, because dust will stick on.

There is a complete game hidden away on the SoulStar disc, as can be seen if you just let it sit and run the demo mode for a while, it goes through many levels. But the discs that are cirulating are corrupted copies, so the game does crash a lot, at the end of the level when you kill the CPU, and this level where it crashes also has corrupted textures, but, I have gotten past it without crashing it on several occasions (all of the time now, that I discovered tricks to avoiding the crash, which takes practice) and have played about 10 levels, but being on hard difficulty my lack of skill has kept me from proceeding further. It's a hole involved thing on how to get past where it often crashes to play the rest of the game and I'm not going to get into it here. a couple years ago I did an entire write up on it and have discussed and repeated the instructions/guide/hint posts many times. Do searches here at AA and also on JS2 and you may find the threads I started or replied too regarding SoulStar and how to get past the corrupted part.

The game definately rocks as does the orchistrated sounding soundtracks.

Edited by Gunstar

Ya, I was most impressed by the music. It reminds me a lot of Star Wars music.

Star Wars and many other classic sci-fi&fantasy soundtracks come to mind for me, and at times I was reminded of classic Star Trek music too. But definately nearly a John Williams and the London Symphony quality to much of it. I'll load the game up a lot just to listen to the soundtrack with my eyes closed. Actually, I've never been more impressed with any video game soundtrack, to me, it screams "epic." I enjoy it as much as listening to the great classic composers.

Edited by Gunstar

That is the other way to go, I've thought about just tucking away the oversized Jag CD boxes and cases, including the Readysoft and Telegames jewel cases and transfering ALL of them into generic DVD cases. In fact, there is a site that has some, but not all of the Jaguar CD box covers edited for DVD cases.

Actually all of the original Jag CD games have dvd case inserts made for them and upladed to the coverproject site.... how do i know????? I made them :D

Theres and error on the spines though. The jag cd log is missing two of the claw marks. I didnt notice till I had them uploaded.

Actually all of the original Jag CD games have dvd case inserts made for them and upladed to the coverproject site.... how do i know????? I made them :D

Theres and error on the spines though. The jag cd log is missing two of the claw marks. I didnt notice till I had them uploaded.

Great job on the Jaguar CD, DVD covers, but I already posted the link to your DVD covers 15 posts up.

Edited by Gunstar

:D

Yeah, I have an R260. Looks great. You can get a spray-on lacquer thing to coat it as well, so it's basically waterproof as silkscreening would be. You just have to spray it in a completely sterile environment, because dust will stick on.

Got my NON CD Printable Canon to print on CD's PERFET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I Have a pro looking Gloss too, with aliitle extra work!

Here a link http://www.cd-trays.com/pages/how_d2_mp600.html

Got my NON CD Printable Canon to print on CD's PERFET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I Have a pro looking Gloss too, with aliitle extra work!

Congratulations! I'm glad you have a working CD printer :D

Only thing for you to do next is designing a few great looking CD prints, and it looks sooo much better than lightscribe or stickers, stickers can get loose in time with all the damage that can do...

Congratulations! I'm glad you have a working CD printer :D

Only thing for you to do next is designing a few great looking CD prints, and it looks sooo much better than lightscribe or stickers, stickers can get loose in time with all the damage that can do...

OK! Here is the side by side of lightscribe and high gloss printed CD with some added sealent goodness!

post-6530-1213388055_thumb.jpg