IGNORED

Rubik's Cube 3D Label Contest

paddleperson

Rubik's Cube 3D is a prototype from 1982 from Atari that was never released. Now you get to create a label for it!

Before you ask, this means nothing, it does not get put on a cartridge, it's just for fun, to see who is the best label creator.

I don't really care about how big it is, just big enough that someone can see it. The artwork must have something to do with a rubik's cube. The title of the game can be 3D Atari Video Cube, Atari Video Cube 3D, 3D Rubik's Cube, or Rubik's Cube 3D. You can use labelmaker2600.com because it is an atari game. The winner gets 2 Activision Roms of their choice (unless of course i can't find them, then i will notify you), and the contest ends on June 20, 2008.

Screenshots and the rom are right here, and remember, it ends June 20th!!! :D Have Fun!

Here's a sample that i made:

post-19999-1213211883_thumb.jpg

Edited by paddleperson

This game was released with label, manual and silver box a couple of years ago. :? :ponder:

Oh really, where can I buy one?

I only want to create a label and hope to win a contest if it will actually get used. I'm sad that I wasn't around in past years when y'all were doing fun stuff like that. I used to be a graphic designer 15 or 16 years ago. Let me tell you 360 DPI recreations of Church buildings done pixel by pixel are an under-rated art form.

AX

Long gone, this was in April of 2003.

PC4Releases.jpg

I still have boxed copies if anyone is interested. The box, label and manual for this release are really outstanding, even though the game itself is boring (unless you're a Rubik's Cube fanatic). Permission was even obtained from Seven Towns Limited (the company that created the Rubik's Cube) for this release. Here's a picture:

2600_RubiksCube_Image1.jpg

PM me if you're interested. Price is $40 plus shipping.

..Al

I would get it, but I don't think it's worth the $40.

It comes complete with a professionally printed label, manual and box. It was a limited issue of 250 from 2003. $40? Albert could rather easily sell it on eBay for double that.

That said, how much do you think it's worth? :roll:

And you are right PBJ, Al was very nice to sell it for that. It will be highly cherished in my collection. I enjoy the art, labels, boxes, and presentation JUST AS MUCH as playing my Atari stuff, so it's okay if it's not the most fun on earth. I was always the kid that picked the stickers on the cube and did it the easy way. (my brother still hates me for ruining his fruit rubiks cube knock-off)

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

I would get it, but I don't think it's worth the $40.

It comes complete with a professionally printed label, manual and box. It was a limited issue of 250 from 2003. $40? Albert could rather easily sell it on eBay for double that.

That said, how much do you think it's worth? :roll:

I meant as in the funness isn't worth it.

Personally, I don't care how rare or valuable a game is if its not fun.