Photo

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

2220 replies to this topic

#2201 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 11,999 posts

Posted Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:26 PM

The Everdrive Black Friday sale has started! Some good deals there and if you don't need the latest and greatest, some of the older carts are being phased out at even bigger discounts.

http://www.krikzz.com/

#2202 thegamezmaster OFFLINE  

thegamezmaster

River Patroller

• 2,360 posts

Posted Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:18 PM

Anyone know the cheapest place in the usa to get an ez flash reform? Looked around and all I could find was around $45 plus shipping. Is that good or any place cheaper? Thanks!

#2203 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 11,999 posts

Posted Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:30 PM

Anyone know the cheapest place in the usa to get an ez flash reform? Looked around and all I could find was around $45 plus shipping. Is that good or any place cheaper? Thanks!

From what I can tell that is as low as you will get from a USA seller. And even then it will probably still be shipped from China.

#2204 keepdreamin ONLINE  

keepdreamin

Dragonstomper

• 965 posts

Posted Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:42 PM

If you're looking to use paypal, you can also purchase from retrogate, which is a krikkz affiliate.  https://shop.retrogate.com/

#2205 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 3,128 posts

Posted Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:02 PM

This thread needs a serious original person or admin/mod edit as the list of carts/multicarts is so terribly wrong and out of date now it's just an untrustworthy mess.

#2206 thegamezmaster OFFLINE  

thegamezmaster

River Patroller

• 2,360 posts

Posted Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:29 PM

Thanks for the help yall!

#2207 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 15,649 posts

Posted Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:37 PM

Do yourself a favor. Get the GBA Everdrive X5. It's a bit more expensive but worth it over that China Bootleg junk quality. Pure drag and drop, no drivers needed. Also supports GB/GBC emulation as well as NES and SMS/GG.

https://krikzz.com/s...ive-gba-x5.html

https://shop.retroga...rive-gba-x5-buy

http://www.stoneageg...a-x5-basic.html

EZ flash requires you to translate ROMs using a PC application prior to copying them to the SD card. Terribly outdated and a pain in the ass to use.

Edited by Kosmic Stardust, Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:41 PM.

#2208 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Monochrome Martinet

• 26,713 posts

Posted Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:48 AM

Do yourself a favor. Get the GBA Everdrive X5. It's a bit more expensive but worth it over that China Bootleg junk quality. Pure drag and drop, no drivers needed. Also supports GB/GBC emulation as well as NES and SMS/GG.

https://krikzz.com/s...ive-gba-x5.html

https://shop.retroga...rive-gba-x5-buy

http://www.stoneageg...a-x5-basic.html

EZ flash requires you to translate ROMs using a PC application prior to copying them to the SD card. Terribly outdated and a pain in the ass to use.

Yeah general rule of thumb is that if there's an Everdrive for your system then that's the best flashcart hands down.

#2209 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

River Patroller

• 2,822 posts

Posted Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:08 AM

EZ Flash is hideous in comparison.

#2210 keepdreamin ONLINE  

keepdreamin

Dragonstomper

• 965 posts

Posted Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:36 AM

I would like to give smokemonster a round of applause for his hard work over the last few years making these things very user friendly to set up. I can't imagine how many hours it took to organize those libraries with translations, needed hacks.  It seems he has very recently stopped hosting included roms and has moved on to strictly lists, folder structures, etc..  The packs can still be found "out there", but they have been uploaded by unaffiliated people.

#2211 Punisher5.0 OFFLINE  

Punisher5.0

River Patroller

• 3,412 posts

Posted Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:27 PM

The Everdrive Black Friday sale has started! Some good deals there and if you don't need the latest and greatest, some of the older carts are being phased out at even bigger discounts.

http://www.krikzz.com/

I ended up getting a Turbo Everdrive. Almost got a N64 one too but after my card got declined for possible fraud it gave me time to think and decided to hold off for now.

#2212 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 11,999 posts

Posted Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:28 PM

I ended up getting a Turbo Everdrive. Almost got a N64 one too but after my card got declined for possible fraud it gave me time to think and decided to hold off for now.

I was worried my card would do the same (often it does for overseas companies). Fortunately it didn't, whew.

I was sitting there eyeing the Turbo Everdrive V.2 as well. I have a version 1 so I ended up passing but I wouldn't mind upgrading eventually. There are some nice benefits like being able to use it as a Super System Card if you have a standard TG-16/PCE + CD setup.

#2213 Black_Tiger OFFLINE  

Black_Tiger

Moonsweeper

• 329 posts

Posted Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:45 PM

I was worried my card would do the same (often it does for overseas companies). Fortunately it didn't, whew.

I was sitting there eyeing the Turbo Everdrive V.2 as well. I have a version 1 so I ended up passing but I wouldn't mind upgrading eventually. There are some nice benefits like being able to use it as a Super System Card if you have a standard TG-16/PCE + CD setup.

Only use the custom Super System card rom that elmer made. Using the regular rom on the TED2 could damage your hardware.

#2214 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 11,999 posts

Posted Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:53 PM

Only use the custom Super System card rom that elmer made. Using the regular rom on the TED2 could damage your hardware.

I was under the impression that only goes for the V.1 card, not the 2. Maybe you are right.

*Edit: I see you mean "custom ROM", not "it won't work". Gotcha. So use a different version of the ROM and V.2 owners will be good to use it as a Super System Card.

Edited by Austin, Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:57 PM.

#2215 chicgamer OFFLINE  

chicgamer

Moonsweeper

• 377 posts

Posted Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:47 PM

Actually, there was a firmware update for the EZ Flash IV that allows you to drag and drop games on an SD card (I think the games are patched as you select them from the cart menu). Also, there is no longer a 2 GB limit for SD cards.

That said, I gave my EZ Flash IV away and got an Everdrive GBA. It is a better cart, overall.

#2216 Black_Tiger OFFLINE  

Black_Tiger

Moonsweeper

• 329 posts

Posted Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:33 PM

I was under the impression that only goes for the V.1 card, not the 2. Maybe you are right.

*Edit: I see you mean "custom ROM", not "it won't work". Gotcha. So use a different version of the ROM and V.2 owners will be good to use it as a Super System Card.

The V1 has no ram and will do nothing at all. You can use it to run the CD-ROM2 system card roms, as they only access the ram inside the CD-ROM Interface Unit.

The V2 TEDs have ram that the normal Super CD system card rom will try to use that leads to potentially harmful effects.

#2217 keepdreamin ONLINE  

keepdreamin

Dragonstomper

• 965 posts

Posted Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:11 PM

Any Rhea or Phoebe users, this card is large enough for the entire US library.  That's including netlink variants, translations like Policenauts; shining force 3; dragon force 2 etc... plus all the import games you could want to play.

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B00V62XBQQ/

I have 368 discs loaded on mine, with around 19 gb left over.  Should easily be able to hold around 400 discs on it.

Simply formatted to FAT32 with 32kb clusters, no issues to report.

Edited by keepdreamin, Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:12 PM.

#2218 Punisher5.0 OFFLINE  

Punisher5.0

River Patroller

• 3,412 posts

Posted Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:35 AM

What games do you recommend I start off with? I have just the base unit.

#2219 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 11,999 posts

Posted Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:16 PM

What games do you recommend I start off with? I have just the base unit.

Hm.. There are a lot of great starting points. Splatterhouse, Legendary Axe, Raiden, R-Type, some of the Sega conversions (OutRun, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, etc), Side Arms, Bonk's Adventure, to name a few.

#2220 Punisher5.0 OFFLINE  

Punisher5.0

River Patroller

• 3,412 posts

Posted Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:15 PM

Hm.. There are a lot of great starting points. Splatterhouse, Legendary Axe, Raiden, R-Type, some of the Sega conversions (OutRun, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, etc), Side Arms, Bonk's Adventure, to name a few.

Thanks. Some of those I have already. I'll have to check out the Sega games. High on my list is Street Fighter. Pretty much just for its impressive technical achievement. I'd imagine it doesn't play the best with a two button controller.

#2221 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 3,128 posts

Posted Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:27 AM

SF2 on PCE?  It actually plays really well strangely enough.  Gameboy got SF2 too and despite being somewhat low on animation frames the general game moves (both games) translate well down to even 2 buttons.  I think in both cases they're context sensitive from low or high power/speed shots.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users