IGNORED

Setting up a Lantronix UDS-10

doctorclu

Ok, I have my UDS-10... I originally set it up to a router (I remember it's IP was 192.168.1.1... but can't remember the name), and now I'm trying to hook it into the ethernet line of a Airport module. (It's IP address is 10.0.1.1)

I know that I need to set the IP for the UDS-10 (which I set at 10.0.1.9..) but I'm still getting no carrier when I try to "dial out"

Somehow the UDS-10 is not talking to the Airport router. Someone jog my memory please, what am I forgetting here in the UDS-10 Lantronix setup?

Ok, I have my UDS-10... I originally set it up to a router (I remember it's IP was 192.168.1.1... but can't remember the name), and now I'm trying to hook it into the ethernet line of a Airport module. (It's IP address is 10.0.1.1)

I know that I need to set the IP for the UDS-10 (which I set at 10.0.1.9..) but I'm still getting no carrier when I try to "dial out"

Somehow the UDS-10 is not talking to the Airport router. Someone jog my memory please, what am I forgetting here in the UDS-10 Lantronix setup?

Can you ping the UDS10 from a pc or mac?

Can you reach the UDS10 from the web-setup-page?

Is the UDS10 tool on your computer able to find the UDS10 in your network? And what is the IP adress. Is it 10.0.1.9 as you said?

I could help you, but perhaps you should e-mail me... I'm not so often on this board anymore.

Greetz,

M.

I set up my Lantronix MSS-100 using the serial port. I connected the Lantronix to my a8 SIO2PC cable and booted into Ice-T XE. Ice-T is set to 9600-8-n-1. Then i powered on the Lantronix. It boots into a telnet prompt on the a8. From there i was able to set DHCP enable etc. Standard Passwd is 'system' iirc.

I hope that helps a bit.

I set up my Lantronix MSS-100 using the serial port. I connected the Lantronix to my a8 SIO2PC cable and booted into Ice-T XE. Ice-T is set to 9600-8-n-1. Then i powered on the Lantronix. It boots into a telnet prompt on the a8. From there i was able to set DHCP enable etc. Standard Passwd is 'system' iirc.

I hope that helps a bit.

So, you have no 850?

A standard R: driver will work with just a SIO2PC cable connected to the Lantronix directly?

A standard R: driver will work with just a SIO2PC cable connected to the Lantronix directly?

An SIO2PC really is an R-verter cable so I think the R-verter handler will work.

Nice! I'll have to try that!

Yes, exactly. I am using the R-Verter handler which makes my SIO2PC cable a RS232 port (a simple one, xon/xoff only, no hardware flow control possible).

Works good for up to 9600 Baud. 19200 baud gets some characters dropped.

Yes, exactly. I am using the R-Verter handler which makes my SIO2PC cable a RS232 port (a simple one, xon/xoff only, no hardware flow control possible).

Works good for up to 9600 Baud. 19200 baud gets some characters dropped.

Very cool. Can you provide an ATR with your R-verter handler, or your ICE-T Terminal setup?

I hope that helps a bit.

Hi Beetle!

Thanks for the info; I really should try it out with SIO2PC and also the 850 I bought especially for this purpose... at last.

BTW: you are one of the very few people whom I sold those cheap MSS100s who actually use it. Krupkaj and Zdenek: shame on you! :D And me, too... ;)

Here you find an .atr with Ice-T XE and Ice-T 800 setup for Lantronix device.

Remember, ICE-T XE needs a 128k machine. If you want to try on a stock 800

or anything else with less than 128k, try the IceT 1.0 out of the ICE_T.800 subfolder.

I kept the image single density so use on totally stock machines is possible.

On my setup Ice-T 800 does not work perfect with 9600 Baud.

Using 4800 Baud i had no problems.

Using this setup you can connect to BBS, the #atari irc chatroom or even play

MUD games (Multi User Dungeons - like a textadventure, but realtime and

massive multiplayer :-D )

I use the same setup on my a8 machines to connect to my Linux box at home, when

i am on meetings :) So i have my mail, ICQ accounts and such at hand.

Have fun,

Beetle

IceTS2PC.atr.zip

Edited by Beetle