IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 42: Oystron

Ze_ro

Some tips:

- Play defensivly and take your time to score!

- Stay right of the center during normal game play, move left during warp mode.

- Concentrate on a few rows only. 3 or 4 rows in normal play, 2 rows during warp mode.

- Try to avoid single, dropped pearls, especially in later rounds. They will eventually create those big rectangles which move your pearls arround. Instead try to put pearls in one row only.

- Defend your pearl row(s) against enemies.

- You can't score more than 6 bombs. Enemies give more points and are reliable killed with less risk. So shoot as many enemies as possible instead of creating more pearl rows than 6.

I waited for the last moment, but I didn't get to play for as long as I hoped for this week, so I didn't manage to roll the game again as I did back in 1998.

My score is... 11340.

post-8393-1214947219_thumb.png

Actually, I own that game... got it in swap for a broken PAL Mangia cart I sent to a US collector back in 1998. I think in this round the Europeans (or anyone with a PAL TV) may have some advantage, since they are able to play the game in PAL (which is slower than in NTSC), but still on the "real thing", while the NTSC area gamers only are able to emulate a PAL system (and by the way, I didn't find out how to get Stella to do this).

And this is a game I also proposed a few weeks ago... though I didn't get credited for it. So it's time for a new proposal, I think...

I think in this round the Europeans (or anyone with a PAL TV) may have some advantage, since they are able to play the game in PAL (which is slower than in NTSC), but still on the "real thing", while the NTSC area gamers only are able to emulate a PAL system (and by the way, I didn't find out how to get Stella to do this).

The game can do both, PAL and NTSC. I played with NTSC settings. :)