At this point I'm considering not even doing a beta but I suppose if my arm could be twisted enough I could go that route.
Here is my current working plan.. Be sure to read my 2nd msg.. I like to split the stuff up in case it gets too large.
*** Questions that need answering ***
Is there any purpose to the -diskspeed and -tapespeed parameters?
Should I allow the user to enable overscan colors? (After all the Xbox is normally displayed on a TV set).
The emulator defaults to a reverb level of 7. Does a colecovision really sound like this?
Soundquality currently defaults to 3. I should be able to easily bump this up to 5. Is the sound really that much better at 5?
*** Games that use special controllers (and notes) ***
Dukes Of Hazzard, Turbo, Bump 'n Jump, Pitstop
Super Action Controller
Front Line (Speed roller not used), Rocky (speed roller not used),
Baseball , Football, Soccer (unsure)
Driving Controller (Optional)
Fall Guy (Prototype?)
Super Action Controller (Optional)
Spy Hunter, Star Trek
*** Changes To Adamx Core ***
Reverb Level turned off. I didn't like it anyways.
Soundquality changed to 5. Not sure but the volume levels seem to be finer.
Added support for Driving Controller. Turbo fans rejoice! Bump 'n Jump and Pitstop can use it as well. Dukes Of Hazzards works now although the driving controls are a little weird.
Added support for Roller Controller. Slither and Victory now playable.
Added support for speed roller on the "Super Action Controller". Super Baseball now playable. Have not tried Football or Soccer.
Added option to limit sprites to four per row.
Change Disk function now works properly!
Added toggle sound channel 1-4 on/off function as definable to joypad.
Added Colecovision Overlays (Like I did with atari800xl). Finally!
Squish 'em Sam fan's rejoice! Same can now speak. Be sure to pick the Meka sound engine for both Squish 'em Same and Sewer Sam.
Use the MESS voice for the homebrew "Monster Mash". Other than that, it's pretty useless (way too loud).
*** Interface Related Changes ***
* Movies! The ability to display movie previews!
You can set the movie/previews directory in the "Change Default Directories" section. The default location is standard x-port emu format "E:\MOVIES\EMU_NAME".
The movie name has to be exactly the same as the ROM name. Only one movie per game.
* Display order can be set to. None, Screenshots Only, Movies Only, Screenshots 1st- Then Movies, Movies 1st- Then Screenshots.
* Sound for movies can be turned on/off
* Box/Cart art can be displayed in seperate window. Box/Cart art is autodetected based on size.
* Movies display over screenshots so if you want you only see screenshots when no movie exists.
* Can now stream videos and screenshots from Samba or Relax.
* Screenshots are now sorted and displayed in proper order.
* Screenshots/Box/Cart art can be named anything (as long as it has .png extension)
* In Game Options Screen can be sized and positioned now.
* New option to "Force Game Screen Size/Position". There are two configurable screensizes. (To deal with multi-core systems like MekaX and XboyAdvance). This will be useful when switching from HDTV to SDTV or vice versa. It will save the user the trouble of resizing the screens for something that is likely temporary.
* Numerous changes to menu system see above (current menu configuration layout)
* Sprites can now be named for easier manipulation. Directory names must be of the format "0_spritename", "1_spritename", etc. Do not use underscores for the spritename. It is a delimiter.
* Added "Select Skin Configuration Used" and "Save Skin Configuration as" to the "Configure SKin" menu in place of the above moved options. This allows multiple skin configurations in one skin allowing the user more "pre-defined" options on how a skin looks. For example the placement of the games list and the preview screens. Gilou's Dynamic skins really take advantage of this, check 'em out!
* Sprites now show when sizing the preview screens.
* Changed "Seconds before auto-advancing Screenshot" to "Seconds Before Auto-Advancing Artwork".
* Changed "offset X" and "offset Y" to "Offset X (left/right)" and "Offset Y (up/down)" in the Sprite Settings menu.
New Option to pause or not pause emulation when keyboard or keypad is up.
**** Carryovers from Atarixlbox ****
- Ability to pick a file from within a zip file. Turns out this functionality was already in commonfuncs as a conditional compile.
- Recording time doubled.
- Fixed a few interface "quirks" regarding playing game sounds while emu is paused.
- select save state screen tells you whether your "loading" or "saving", it also now displays whether a save file has a record session ( R ) associated with it.
- When a new save state is created it deletes any recordings. If you press the "back" button while in the save state select screen it will allow you to delete that save state (as well as it's recording).
- Utilities menu display modifed to state "stop or start recording/playback" depending on whether they are turned on or off. It also displays total minutes remaining or played so far.
- Record/Playback turn off when exiting a game. Boy that sure caused some confusion.
- Switched positioning control of sprites in the skin menu to the left analog stick, that way you don't have to worry about unintentionally lowering the volume.
- Savestate load screen is a little more informational when sent to it from the save/record option.
- When you save a picture it removes the screenshot save path making it easier to see long names.
- Changed order of some of the entries in the "Music Control Menu".
- Playlist repeat mode, and View Name setting is saved in INI file. Although song name only shows in the music control menu.
- (cheat codes)When "adding a code" from the "edit code" screen the current code is copied as a template. You can activate/deactivate a code from the "cheat code list" menu by pressing start.
- Deleting a cheat code now asks you if you are sure (I got tired of accidently deleting my codes ).
- Fixed up the problem created from using multiple files in a Zip file.
- Fixed problem when a filename inside a zip contains too many characters. While I was at it I fixed the space as the last character when trimming to 42 characters behavior. Zip files where the path was saved now unzip correctly.
- Rewind and Fastforward are de-activated during record/playback and netplay mode. It even tells you so when you try!!
- Modified YesNoMenu so it doesn't clear m_menuText.
- Added ability to add in cheat codes from a Gameshark compatible database (see description below). This includes the ability to export the cheat codes in a game to "share" with your friends. Cheat/rumble codes are included for most games. When "adding" codes from the gameshark DB it will move you to the entries with a matching CRC. If not you'll have to manually find the game (sorry, only one CRC per game).
Edited by Shannon, Fri Jan 9, 2009 1:53 AM.