IGNORED

That God Damn Bagman

cougar302b

Back on topic, I've never played the game but it sounds interesting.

It's an neat concept, but it's way too hard. Bagman has almost no defense against the cops and it's really easy to get trapped. The turbo button made the game playable however.

Tempest

At least they apologized for wasting our time. Besides, everyone knows that I'm the "Mom" on here! :P

Back on topic, I've never played the game but it sounds interesting.

Give it a shot if you can find somewhere to play it. It is near impossible to even finish the first round. That is why I said "That G.D. Bagman". I have a decent comparison that is a little more mainstream that you might have played... Star Castle after level 9. At least that is the best I can come up with. I never ever got past level 9 and rarely ever even got that far. And I played the hell out of that also. I know many people kicked my butt on this one, but it is the best example I can think of.

P.S. Can Tempest or you change the name of the post to.'That DAMN Bagman'? I was just trying to emphasize my frustration not to offend anyone.

By level, do you mean the first screen or all three screens? Because I MGC I beat all three of the screens and I got a cute little animation before it took me back to exactly the same three screens. Is there anything special after that animation?

Tempest

I'm starting to get some of the nuances of the game and was thinking of making a video on how to beat the first stage.. MAME has a video capture feature, but it's an extension that I don't know how to convert to .avi or .mpeg. It won't play and can't be read by YouTube, which is where I want to post it. Anybody have any ideas?

I'm starting to get some of the nuances of the game and was thinking of making a video on how to beat the first stage.. MAME has a video capture feature, but it's an extension that I don't know how to convert to .avi or .mpeg. It won't play and can't be read by YouTube, which is where I want to post it. Anybody have any ideas?

Whats the extension?

You could try out Format Factory.. it's free. http://www.formatoz.com/

I don't think that's a video file. It's just a recording of the keystrokes that you use to make replay. You still have to use another program to record the video and audio.

I don't think that's a video file. It's just a recording of the keystrokes that you use to make replay. You still have to use another program to record the video and audio.

That seems right, as I just ran format factory and it saved a whopping one frame, no animation at all.

It's an .mng file and I had seen some mng to avi programs so I thought it might be possible, but I couldn't get those to work. Just a bunch of b.s. I guess.

Sounds like Mame needs to fix the movie-recording concept a bit.

Thanks folks! If you know of another arcade emu that can make movies in mpeg, avi, whatever format, please let me know. I'm looking to add some more videos on YouTube (got some NES tips up there), and apparently there's some very frustrated Bagman players out there that could benefit from some visual tips.

Hmm.. there's the option in Mame to Play and Record Uncompressed AVI Output, which will record your game in AVI format, but it's jerky while you're playing. It stops recording when you hit escape, and when you play the AVI it's not jerky. It's because it's uncompressed, is why it's jerky. I'll keep working on it.

Ugh.. I just saved a 7 minute clip from MAME, and it was 4 gigabytes of size. How the HELL did that happen??

Looks like I need another emulator if I'm going to capture video.

Whoa!. That'd make a 7 minute DVD. I bet the quality is great. :grin:

Ugh.. I just saved a 7 minute clip from MAME, and it was 4 gigabytes of size. How the HELL did that happen??

Looks like I need another emulator if I'm going to capture video.

Whoa!. That'd make a 7 minute DVD. I bet the quality is great. :grin:

Yeah.. but on top of the size, it's choppy when I try to play during the recording. I want to make it a how to beat the game video, not a how to play through choppiness video.

I want to record me beating Bagman so I can move on to beating Super Bagman!

They had a Bagman machine at MGC but it was modded with a speed button which actually made the game playable (there was also in Invisible button but that didn't seem to do anything). By using the turbo button I was able to beat the first level, but even then it took me a few tries. I almost beat the second level (which appeared to be the same as the first), but died getting the last bag. Even with the turbo button Bagman is a HARD game.

Tempest

Yay, that's my cheat installed!

The 'invisible' button turns off guard collision detection. Them touching you won't hurt while you're holding it.

Yay, that's my cheat installed!

The 'invisible' button turns off guard collision detection. Them touching you won't hurt while you're holding it.

You're the guy that runs arcadecollecting.com? I love your work, especially, the TRON free play hack. I added those hacks to my personal MacMAME bulid.

So make MAME's bloated uncompressed vid, and then cut it down with a video editor. TMPGEnc is free.

Yeah, I figured out how to do that now with VirtualDub, I think. But it's tough to play the game while it's recording. It's glitchy and I'd prefer not to try to play through it.

Ah! That's what it did. I figured if I pushed it once the guards wouldn't find me or something. I didn't realize you had to hold it. Doh!

Tempest

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm new here because I was bored last night and decided to Google my favorite video game Super Bagman and you guys came up. Glad to see there's actually others out there that enjoy the game as much as I.

I have a couple of questions after reading:

Are you guys primarily talking about Bagman or Super Bagman? I played Bagman in the 80's but when Super Bagman came out I was hooked and I don't think I ever played regular Bagman again.

I have an old origianl game here at home and have never even played the MAME. How does it differ from the old school version? I was thinking about getting a MAME bacause I'm always having to repair my original.

When you guys are talking about the first screen, are talking about getting all the bags in the wheelbarrow and then going aftetr the key? (it's confusing as there are 3 "screens" in each set)

OK, that's all I have for now. Thanks.

OK, I'm new here because I was bored last night and decided to Google my favorite video game Super Bagman and you guys came up. Glad to see there's actually others out there that enjoy the game as much as I.

I have a couple of questions after reading:

Are you guys primarily talking about Bagman or Super Bagman? I played Bagman in the 80's but when Super Bagman came out I was hooked and I don't think I ever played regular Bagman again.

I have an old origianl game here at home and have never even played the MAME. How does it differ from the old school version? I was thinking about getting a MAME bacause I'm always having to repair my original.

When you guys are talking about the first screen, are talking about getting all the bags in the wheelbarrow and then going aftetr the key? (it's confusing as there are 3 "screens" in each set)

OK, that's all I have for now. Thanks.

We are talking about the original Bagman, but I doubt anyone would be averse to discussing Super Bagman.

The MAME rom of Bagman is the actual arcade program emulated perfectly, so there is no difference.

When I say "screen" I simply mean the one part of the mine you are in. When you collect all the visible bags of gold you move to the next "screen". Once the three "screens" are completed you proceed to the next "level". Bagman had three "screens" per level while Super Bagman had five.

See? that's the confusion there. When I completed all 3 "screens", I went from screen to screen taking the bag which was convenient to do so at the time. I never complete one screen and then move to the next. Keeps the guards spread out a bit if you tackle all 3 at the same time. In fact I go for the blue money bag on the second screen, for my first bag.

See? that's the confusion there. When I completed all 3 "screens", I went from screen to screen taking the bag which was convenient to do so at the time. I never complete one screen and then move to the next. Keeps the guards spread out a bit if you tackle all 3 at the same time. In fact I go for the blue money bag on the second screen, for my first bag.

I was merely explaining my terminology as to what "screen" meant, not offering tips.

How far do you get with your strategy? I prefer to work on one screen at a time due to the timer issue. I have the most trouble with the 2nd screen than the others due to the waiting for the elevator and the fact is has the most bags of the 3 screens. The first screen is pretty basic (I like using the wheelbarrow to knock down the guards as they climb up the ladder) and on the 3rd screen the guards almost never get off at the top floor, use that to your advantage (but that stupid minecart will nail you even if you're inside the elevator, how is that possible?).